Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is it me of Lost island HM is overtuned??

haliy
10.01.2012 , 06:58 AM | #81
Quote: Originally Posted by Pintje View Post
I like the changes as this makes it more accessible to many more besides that 15 percent that could understand boss mechanics.
There, i fixed it for you and highlighted the change
MOSAIC - JEDI COVENANT
Guild Website
Haliy - 55 Sentinel ~ Windigo - 55 Shadow ~ Kája - 55 Sage
Vindeta - 55 Commando ~ Snapshote - 55 Operative

Ifrica
10.03.2012 , 01:56 AM | #82
even people that understood the boss mechanics well had problems clearing it, it is obvious you are mad and one of those said 15%, elitist answers are not needed m8, try to understand normal people for a change.
TOFN - EU PVP
Mirobi Snowdrifter - Sage \\ // Talibram Snowdrifter - Marauder
System : AMD Phenom II 955 - 16GB DDR3 (1600) - Radeon HD7950 - Samsung SSD

Vankris
10.03.2012 , 02:05 AM | #83
i'm a "normal" person and i like the fact that i enter a fight i might not win.

If i knew i'm gonna win no matter what, i would lose interest very fast. When the stakes are high (my death or his death), that make the fight far more interesting.

I think chances of loosing with poor gameplay and chance of winning with great gameplay is the foundation of good gaming design.
Shadow | Kinetic Combat

AshlaBoga
10.03.2012 , 02:06 AM | #84
15%? I'd say more like 40% of all players had cleared HM LI and about 60-70% of those who preferred PvE over PvP. This 15% seems far far too conservative.
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

Lightning_
10.03.2012 , 02:08 AM | #85
Can anyone please explain how the HM has been nerfed?
I only saw about Story mode in patch notes.

Ephesia
10.03.2012 , 02:24 AM | #86
Quote: Originally Posted by Lightning_ View Post
Can anyone please explain how the HM has been nerfed?
I only saw about Story mode in patch notes.
One of the criticle mechanics of the fight, the blue circles that are dropped on a person on the group now is being displayed in red text prior to the cast itself to warn you to move. Before this you had to see it yourself (which was somewhat difficult at times with so much going on) and the tank had to move the boss. Now with red text and prior warning the raid is able to avoid a good deal of extra damage.
Ephesia, Level 55 Jedi Guardian
Tomb of Freedon Nadd (EU)
Member of Catalyst

Ifrica
10.03.2012 , 03:22 AM | #87
Quote: Originally Posted by Vankris View Post
i'm a "normal" person and i like the fact that i enter a fight i might not win.

If i knew i'm gonna win no matter what, i would lose interest very fast. When the stakes are high (my death or his death), that make the fight far more interesting.

I think chances of loosing with poor gameplay and chance of winning with great gameplay is the foundation of good gaming design.
never said i don't like a challenge, and i wasn't the one complaining
i actually do like challenges. but it did frustrate me that i can heal EV/KP NiM and EC/TfB without problems, but still get ***** in a flashpoint that should be easy if i can take those ops without any issues. maybe it was just our grp setup n stuff (shadow tank, guardian dps and sentinel, me as sage healer), or bad luck, dunno, anyways, after giving it 7ish tries on that damned droid i just never went back to LI HM
TOFN - EU PVP
Mirobi Snowdrifter - Sage \\ // Talibram Snowdrifter - Marauder
System : AMD Phenom II 955 - 16GB DDR3 (1600) - Radeon HD7950 - Samsung SSD

Sithcreep
10.03.2012 , 03:31 AM | #88
Quote: Originally Posted by Ifrica View Post
even people that understood the boss mechanics well had problems clearing it, it is obvious you are mad and one of those said 15%, elitist answers are not needed m8, try to understand normal people for a change.
You gotta be kidding me. This instance is FACEROLL. If youre not in a PUG with 100 % re tards, you cant fail. And they even nerfed, it so even re tards can easily clear this instance. Laughable..

Atramar
10.03.2012 , 03:34 AM | #89
oh for the love of emperor...
this has been done by 3 man groups, 2dps and 1 heal or 1 tank 1 dps and 1 healer.
if you are failing hardly in 4 man group, you are doing it wrong, not the instance.
end f subject..
Tracer Legacy, The Red Eclipse.
Not reading colored text, it hurts my eyes. Sorry (unless it's a dev post)
L55:Sniper,Operative,Juggernaut,Assassin,Marauder, Powertech,Guardian,Commando,Scoundrel
to finish:Shadow(41),Sage(53),Merc(39). 29.07.2013

Ephesia
10.03.2012 , 03:36 AM | #90
Quote: Originally Posted by Sithcreep View Post
You gotta be kidding me. This instance is FACEROLL. If youre not in a PUG with 100 % re tards, you cant fail. And they even nerfed, it so even re tards can easily clear this instance. Laughable..
That is the exact same attitude the person you are quoting is referring to, the elitist attitude that thinks just because he/she can execute a instance with a group of friends and selected pugs (after all you label the rest as *******) that the entire instance is faceroll and can be done easily.

Do not be fooled by this redundant display of testosterone. LI HM even after the red warnings still present a level of challenge to those who are not overgeared for it and not quite familiar with it's mechanics.
Ephesia, Level 55 Jedi Guardian
Tomb of Freedon Nadd (EU)
Member of Catalyst