Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

sniper marksman shields all of them still bad

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Gunslinger / Sniper
sniper marksman shields all of them still bad
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Sura
04.14.2012 , 01:51 AM | #11
I'll be checking out entrench in nightmare mode for both KP and EV this next reset. I'll post what happens for anyone who's wondering if it works in the new patch.

Update: Doesn't look like my guild will be doing KP / EV this week due to the progression in EC, maybe next week.

NoTomorrow
04.14.2012 , 09:03 AM | #12
Wait wait, you mean the infernal council EV individual fight, when the marauders (the boss for dps) knock you out of entrench is actually a bug?

I REALLY REALLY HATE WHEN HE DOES THAT.

Technohic
04.14.2012 , 10:34 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Tibbel View Post
It might be easier to list the enemies against whom it does work.

That quest is called Multiple Fronts, and the mobs that use the knockback missiles are called Guerilla Commandos. They come in packs of 2-3 or so, so as a sniper getting repeatedly knocked back without anything to do about it, especially since we're only in the upper 20s and still heavily reliant on Snipe for damage, it's pretty frustrating and quite easy to die on that quest (even if you know what you're doing).

lol Yeah. It probably would be easier to list the ones that it actually works on but then again, after that Multiple Fronts; I think I quit trying as I don't think it ever has worked in any of my other attempts.

JeramieCrowe
04.16.2012 , 03:44 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by CameronWinston View Post
When this happens to you, it is a bug - please report it as such and we will work to get them all taken care of. The name of the mob in question, and your quest (if any) are useful in tracking these down. Bonus if you can tell us the name of the ability that knocked you out.
The rocketeers on Alderaan knock you out even if you're entrenched. When they do their rocket launch.
Allix Crowe - Vanguard Trooper -/- Ethavan Crowe - Smuggler Gunslinger -/- Malrath Crowe - Powertech Bounty Hunter -/- Boslo - Jedi Knight Sentinel -/- Jiao-gen Pall - Jedi Knight Guardian -/- Landen Tanarr - Jedi Consular Sage -/- Vaelyth Kinti-kaar- Sith Warrior Juggernaut -/- Oteln'erose'thu - Imperial Agent Sniper -/- Zandur Tuum - Cathar Knight

Sura
04.17.2012 , 04:46 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by NoTomorrow View Post
Wait wait, you mean the infernal council EV individual fight, when the marauders (the boss for dps) knock you out of entrench is actually a bug?

I REALLY REALLY HATE WHEN HE DOES THAT.

There are a lot of things in raid that knocks you out or up that I really think entrench should block! I wish a Dev would post as to specifically whether or not we should be reporting when it does not work in raids; be it on trash or raid bosses. I would expect that it never working on raid bosses is the mechanic they intended, but clarity would be nice after that previous yellow post.

xephoniphulus
04.17.2012 , 05:00 PM | #16
When this happens to you, it is a bug - please report it as such and we will work to get them all taken care of. The name of the mob in question, and your quest (if any) are useful in tracking these down. Bonus if you can tell us the name of the ability that knocked you out.
oh yeah in PVE i noticed my sniper dies in like 30 seconds. if you guys could fix this in a future update that would be cool because im not running operations till then Bio-Ware

xephoniphulus
06.18.2012 , 10:19 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by notomorrow View Post
wait wait, you mean the infernal council ev individual fight, when the marauders (the boss for dps) knock you out of entrench is actually a bug?

I really really hate when he does that.
i know right

Skotal
01.06.2013 , 07:32 PM | #18
hard mode KP

Karagga the Unyielding ability Tunneling Drill kicks you out of entrench

Bonethrasher super smash kicks you out of entrench
"Bad bad men. Women too, to be fair. Oh, yes. They make a fine sandwich, also, heh, heh, heh. But don't tell the Jedi Council I said that." -Jolee Bindo on the Sith

I joined the Sith for the sandwiches

Tamanous
01.09.2013 , 10:18 AM | #19
Yes I can also confirm the commandos on the one quest in Alderon knock you out of entrench every time. Just last night too I was on Voidstar and popped entrench defending a door and suddenly very soon was knocked out of it. This has happened on a few occasions in pvp. On a huttball I noticed I was knocked back out of entrench (only about 5 feet but still ruined entrench).

Most times I see issues with it it seems related to knockbacks but seeing how I can't show any combat information in my chat windows no matter what I do (reload ui and making sure combat information is checked) I cannot report what could be causing this.

Krayshawn
01.10.2013 , 03:26 PM | #20
Dont forget that Diversion from th Marksman tree does knock you out of cover even while entrenched, next time it happens, look for the green smoke cloud.
The Krayshawn Legacy:
Krayshawn - Vanguard El'Diablo - 29/12/0 Jug
Mufasa, GM : <Hakuna Matata> - Jedi Covenant