Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Color crystals and the lore

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Color crystals and the lore

Belpheghor
04.12.2012 , 11:13 PM | #1
Why is Bioware letting kids on Sith side use blues and greens for color crystals? Those are Jedi colors, through and through, Guardian and Consular, not Sith.

Give Sith variations on reds, maybe a black red, a light red, an orange red, and all the neutral colors like white, grey, black, etc, but NOT green and blue, it's just wrong.

Yellow was bad enough (Sentinel), it seems like Bioware is making a mockery of Star Wars lore, the new Legacy system is absurd, now everyone wants to use Sith purebloods for Jedi and Republic roles....

They're blurring the lines between the factions WAY too much imho.
"Let the hate flow through you"......

Captain_Zone
04.12.2012 , 11:17 PM | #2
Ok... here we go. Sith Lord using blue saber: Exar Kun. 'Nuff said.

Jedi Master using purple saber: Mace Mutha****in' Windu. 'Nuff said.

Also, Obi-Wan used a red saber for a while in TCW.

Just because something is TRADITIONAL, does not mean it's MANDATORY.
. OPOD
The New Jedi Code: "Keep Calm & Carry a Lightsaber"

MarrickusBA
04.12.2012 , 11:22 PM | #3
soon as someone hits Dark 1 they shouldn't be able to use green and blue color crystals, and same with red as soon as someone hits light 1, don't know if this is actually implemented, but i read that it was in game, not sure though.

Captain_Zone
04.12.2012 , 11:35 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by MarrickusBA View Post
soon as someone hits Dark 1 they shouldn't be able to use green and blue color crystals, and same with red as soon as someone hits light 1, don't know if this is actually implemented, but i read that it was in game, not sure though.
It was, and then they changed it because of the fact that alignment restrictions are NOT canon. As I stated in my above post, there have been instances of Jedi using "Sith" colors and even a Dark Lord of the Sith using a blue saber.
. OPOD

Belpheghor
04.12.2012 , 11:46 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Captain_Zone View Post
It was, and then they changed it because of the fact that alignment restrictions are NOT canon. As I stated in my above post, there have been instances of Jedi using "Sith" colors and even a Dark Lord of the Sith using a blue saber.
Still, it blurs the line between the factions, if I see a blue saber, I should be able to identify it as a Jedi Guardian, green a Consular, etc.

I have NO problem with having extra colors for cosmetic reasons, just give Jedi variations on blues and greens, yellows, etc, the proper colors.

Some colors are more or less neutral like purple for instance.

It's a Pandora's Box, pretty soon half the Sith kids will be running around with blues and greens and the Jedi with reds.....not the Star Wars MMO I dreamed of.....did you?
"Let the hate flow through you"......

Captain_Zone
04.13.2012 , 12:43 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Belpheghor View Post
not the Star Wars MMO I dreamed of.....did you?
Now that you mention it.... yes, along with the ability for a female Jedi Knight to kiss and get it on with Kira.
. OPOD

Shadymyk
04.13.2012 , 06:08 AM | #7
My sith Marauder always uses the saber of his most recent force user kill. Until he has fully dominated and finally replaced the Force the former wielder used in the sabers creation with his own. How DARE you call my reasoning into question!?!

::draws blue and red bladed sabers::

I shall split you in T[spit]WAIN!!!

RoyalGuardian
04.13.2012 , 09:15 AM | #8
I honestly believe that one should be able to choose whatever color they want to choose. Just because a majority or Sith use red and a majority of Jedi used green/blue, doesn't mean that I or anyone else is bound to those colors. People get so hung up on the movies.

The Jedi you see in the movies got their crystals primarily from Illum, which produced only green and blue. Thus, that's about all you saw.

Adi Gallia in EP 1 had a crimson red blade. Just an example.

You are entitled to your opinion and you are able to choose to either have red or green/blue. But for my Force users, they'll use whatever I choose because I like to have the freedom of choice.

JDCrash
04.13.2012 , 09:17 AM | #9
There is nothing 'canon' about the color of a laser.

RoyalGuardian
04.13.2012 , 09:22 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by JDCrash View Post
There is nothing 'canon' about the color of a laser.
/agreed