Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Campaign Gear

Sambril
08.29.2012 , 06:03 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by modulate View Post
So what i am prob misunderstanding is that the comm's you get. You purchase a unassembled Rakata or campaign piece of gear from a vendor then take it to fleet and trade it to the rakata or campaign vendor? Or is it a loot drop that you take to the rakata/campaign vendor and trade to them?
You can't buy Rakata or Campaign items with commendations, they are from loot drops for unassembled items only. You can buy Black Hole gear directly with commendations which are the same rating as Campaign, but without the set bonus.

TheNahash
08.29.2012 , 06:04 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by modulate View Post
So what i am prob misunderstanding is that the comm's you get. You purchase a unassembled Rakata or campaign piece of gear from a vendor then take it to fleet and trade it to the rakata or campaign vendor? Or is it a loot drop that you take to the rakata/campaign vendor and trade to them?
Rakata and Columi unassembled gear drops in HM FPs and Ops. Each of them is something very specific, meaning you'll never get for example "Unassembled Rakata Mainhand", you will get "Unassembled Rakata Master Force Mainhand Weapon" which you can then take to the Inquisitor vendor and exchange it for the mainhand of your choice (in which case it's either a lightsaber or a double-bladed lightsaber). In other words, this particular drop for example would be of interest only to a sorcerer or an assassin

Campaign gear drops are "Unassembled Campaign XXXX". Again, you take the token to the vendor, but this time you can choose which vendor, that's not assigned by default, like it is with Rakata and Columi. This way it's easier to loot as everyone has an equal chance of a drop, rather than having to wait for the chance that the XXXX campaign piece for your AC will drop.

DarthKraxos
08.29.2012 , 06:05 AM | #13
It's a loot drop my friend, just like rakata.

modulate
08.29.2012 , 09:22 PM | #14
Ah, now that makes since.I wondered at first that it was like the approach to pvp gear. You have a battlemaster chest piece. To get the War Hero chest piece you trade in the BM chest and comms to get the WH chest.Loot drop makes since. Thanks all for your time.

Kytea
08.29.2012 , 10:17 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by darklordbrin View Post
I did every single mission and heroic today on Black Hole and never once got an unassembled campaign piece off of the heroic or missions. Did I just get unlucky or is this not the correct way to get the unassembled pieces?
Read this great guide

http://dulfy.net/2012/04/13/dailies-...earing-in-1-2/