Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

I'm so glad everyone complained about Healing like they did in Rift as well.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
I'm so glad everyone complained about Healing like they did in Rift as well.

lpsmash's Avatar


lpsmash
04.12.2012 , 11:32 PM | #31
I never played a healer and I never could. That being said, I think people are being a little melo-dramatic like usual. You claim healing was nerfed because of bads crying on forums, yet you cry on forums that heals were nerfed. Are you now the bads who cry for healer buffs when they don't need them?

Granted, I haven't played much level 50 pvp today. I play a Jugg and all I noticed was that I now do **** damage in rage spec AND I die very fast without blade ward (the healing CD they added proved to be useless). Btu I digress.

Anyways, If they should do anything, it's probably not buff passive healing itself by X% and make healers able to keep someone up without doing anything other than spamming the same button for a few seconds (I'm talking more than 1 person, not a dps killing another dps with a healer on him, thus effectively 1v2ing them). As a matter of fact, in my opinion, healers should die of attrition if they are pressured and interrupted constantly (tanking 2 players or more is ridiculous). I can't testify for that person who said he had a 9k crit (it seems so exagerated, it's like the 80k+ frostbolts you hear people crying about on the WoW forums)

I think survival should be favored with cooldowns, both from healers AND from damage dealers. Take the example of Marauders, they have some pretty good defensive cooldown to help mitigate damage. Blade Ward, Obfuscate, Vanish, 99% dmg reduction, etc. This kind of survival should be encouraged and spread among more classes. I'm not saying everyone should have a vanish or a "you can't touch me" cooldown.

Cooldown for healers could either be about mitigating damage or healing more/faster, etc. Once you're out of cooldowns, hope someone in your PUG can peel for you.

Those are my 2 cents.

Altruismo's Avatar


Altruismo
04.12.2012 , 11:36 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by AkilZodiac View Post
No one competent is saying that.

We're saying, which is the complete truth, that healing has become useless in a team composition now. With the amount of burst happening, you are more of an asset as a DPS than a healer.

Healers have become a waste of space in PvP.
I'm still seeing 500k+ healing numbers being posted, and I'm still seeing teams with healers absolutely crush teams with no healers.

Your mileage has obviously varied??

And to clarify, the only reason I've been pushing my particular line of argument in this thread is because of the guy who did say that he believes 1DPS should not be able to kill 1 healer.
I'm perfectly willing to accept that there are reasonable people in this thread who do not think that way, who also think that the nerfs to healing were too heavy-handed.

Carlsbergh's Avatar


Carlsbergh
04.12.2012 , 11:38 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Altruismo View Post
I'm still seeing 500k+ healing numbers being posted, and I'm still seeing teams with healers absolutely crush teams with no healers.
And how many of those 500k+ healers have come out as PuG-players against PuG-players? Most of those screenshots are from rather ineffective healing (padding the numbers, as they say), not being interrupted and not being focussed down at all.

Numbers mean nothing without context, sadly enough.
SWTOR 1.2 - The Manifesto of Incompetence.

Ari'ah - <Rebirth> - War Hero Sage - Bloodworthy PvP-EU

CodyLundeen's Avatar


CodyLundeen
04.12.2012 , 11:44 PM | #34
Essentially what we are seeing is that without full BM gear people are getting crushed. I know from playing with the same guys a lot, guys who weren't yet BM or just got BM, namely running around today in champ/cent gear, are getting crushed. Seriously, the exp difference between BM and the lower tiers is HUGE now. Even the blue entry gear has more exp than old champ gear.

Give it a week or two and let people gear. I heal (scoundrel), get targeted as soon as I break stealth(all the imps pretty much know I heal now), and I still have good survivability because I had full BM coming into the patch. People wearing old tiers or trying to get stat boosts with a couple pieces of rakata are going to die, and die a lot.

xdvesper's Avatar


xdvesper
04.12.2012 , 11:46 PM | #35
If you think healing is "useless" try bringing 8 DPS to a Huttball game... you won't get very far against a team with 2 dedicated healers.

AkilZodiac's Avatar


AkilZodiac
04.12.2012 , 11:46 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by xdvesper View Post
If you think healing is "useless" try bringing 8 DPS to a Huttball game... you won't get very far against a team with 2 dedicated healers.
Funny joke .
DecemberCrew

We could pre-order in July? Whatever.

Moosestick's Avatar


Moosestick
04.12.2012 , 11:52 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by CodyLundeen View Post
Essentially what we are seeing is that without full BM gear people are getting crushed. I know from playing with the same guys a lot, guys who weren't yet BM or just got BM, namely running around today in champ/cent gear, are getting crushed. Seriously, the exp difference between BM and the lower tiers is HUGE now. Even the blue entry gear has more exp than old champ gear.

Give it a week or two and let people gear. I heal (scoundrel), get targeted as soon as I break stealth(all the imps pretty much know I heal now), and I still have good survivability because I had full BM coming into the patch. People wearing old tiers or trying to get stat boosts with a couple pieces of rakata are going to die, and die a lot.
This is partly at fault. Also, some of it is people trying new specs. Had a sorc healer I kept playing against today start sending tells/whines about how marauders were op and sorc healers needed huge survivability buffs.

Of course he did have 10617 health.

Moosestick's Avatar


Moosestick
04.12.2012 , 11:55 PM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by AkilZodiac View Post
Funny joke .
Pot, kettle, black. Google it.

AkilZodiac's Avatar


AkilZodiac
04.12.2012 , 11:57 PM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by Moosestick View Post
Pot, kettle, black. Google it.
I'm immune to your white knight charms.
DecemberCrew

We could pre-order in July? Whatever.

Vellusix's Avatar


Vellusix
04.12.2012 , 11:58 PM | #40
The main problem imo is that healing casts are too easy to interrupt. Oh and some specs are doing too much DPS atm, but fix that and the PvP will be near perfect.