Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

I'm so glad everyone complained about Healing like they did in Rift as well.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
I'm so glad everyone complained about Healing like they did in Rift as well.

Xsorus's Avatar


Xsorus
04.12.2012 , 09:28 PM | #1
So not only do we have crappy healing, we now have a bunch of healers quitting as well.

Seriously Bioware, you can't balance the game around nubs who thought it was fine for a single DPS to be able to kill a Healer.

Now Healing is pretty much useless, as you get 2 competent DPS on ya, not even a few healers on that target can keep him up.

Sathid's Avatar


Sathid
04.12.2012 , 09:30 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Xsorus View Post
So not only do we have crappy healing, we now have a bunch of healers quitting as well.

Seriously Bioware, you can't balance the game around nubs who thought it was fine for a single DPS to be able to kill a Healer.

Now Healing is pretty much useless, as you get 2 competent DPS on ya, not even a few healers on that target can keep him up.
BW said many will not be happy,you guys had a good ride with your bugged mechanic that you used,now it's time to step up with the big boys,sink or swim,thats up to you.

Foenixz's Avatar


Foenixz
04.12.2012 , 09:31 PM | #3
Whine 1 1 what is your emergency

Oh what you don;t have one.

You mean you haven't analyzed the numbers and seen with full BM you actually have a bit more healing.
Member Synergy Online Gaming

since 2002 and we are still going strong

Xsorus's Avatar


Xsorus
04.12.2012 , 09:32 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Sathid View Post
BW said many will not be happy,you guys had a good ride with your bugged mechanic that you used,now it's time to step up with the big boys,sink or swim,thats up to you.
I'm a pyro powertech, not a healer

Caelrie's Avatar


Caelrie
04.12.2012 , 09:33 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Foenixz View Post
Whine 1 1 what is your emergency

Oh what you don;t have one.

You mean you haven't analyzed the numbers and seen with full BM you actually have a bit more healing.
That isn't true. And even if it were, DPS in PvP went through the roof.

DweezillKagemand's Avatar


DweezillKagemand
04.12.2012 , 09:35 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Foenixz View Post
Whine 1 1 what is your emergency

Oh what you don;t have one.

You mean you haven't analyzed the numbers and seen with full BM you actually have a bit more healing.
You do realise BM gear doesn't change what abilities do right?

It's not like we can cast without dying or anything!
Dweezill
Top Hatin' Player

LoKiei's Avatar


LoKiei
04.12.2012 , 09:39 PM | #7
Healing effectiveness needed to be reduced in PvP.

PvP is much more fun now.

Dharnyle's Avatar


Dharnyle
04.12.2012 , 09:43 PM | #8
I've played 1 warzone today as my 50 Sorc. Healer.

250k-ish healing done. Next highest Healer was 110k.
11 medals.
4 MVP votes.

85 Commendations earned in a win in the new Warzone.

Probably a fluke because I had a tank stick guard on me AND stayed with me the entire time. This was in a PuG too!

Since you might ask anyways...

Valor Rank 60.
Full Champion Gear minus moddable bracers and lightsaber.

Not 1 piece of BM gear or Recruit gear. 556 expertise total.

I will grant you that it was just one warzone and the true test will come tonight when I get home.

But overall, I didn't die in 1/2 a second. I was able to heal and keep group members up, mostly. I did miss... a lot... the ability to drop my 2.3 second cast heal to 1.3 seconds, but instead threw out more AoE heals, Hots, Innervates and the small heal (whatever it's name is). The amount of 'bubbles' thrown was about the same. Always when the target isn't de-ionized.

Just a snapshot, but in that one, it wasn't so bad. Though to be honest, I'm going to cringe when I get a Huttball. I really can't stand that map. I struggle in Huttball.
If you say plz because it is shorter then please, then I'll say no because it is shorter then yes.

Dudious's Avatar


Dudious
04.12.2012 , 09:44 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by lokiei View Post
healing effectiveness needed to be reduced in pvp.

Pvp is much more fun now.
rawr lokiei smash!!!

/fps

ShadowOfVey's Avatar


ShadowOfVey
04.12.2012 , 09:51 PM | #10
Things will change a lot a week from now when any regular pvpers that didn't have BM already will have full/nearly full sets of BM.