Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Which jedi class is most 'acrobatic'?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Which jedi class is most 'acrobatic'?

Tenacity
04.12.2012 , 07:55 PM | #1
Between Jedi Consular (Shadow) and Jedi Knight (Guardian)? Looking for whichever one has the most acrobatic/fancy looking melee combat.
THE LYNX LEGACY THE HARBINGER
Lynx --- Bastet --- Pakhet --- Leonen --- Maihos
Shock and Jawa Full Metal Jawa

Aehgo
04.12.2012 , 07:57 PM | #2
Acrobatic hmm I would have to think Sentinal as all they ever seem to do is jump ,flip,slash,stealth and repeat.But if its only between Guardian and Shadow then I would say Guardian just for force leap.

DeutschGamer
04.12.2012 , 07:59 PM | #3
The Shadow most definitely, the use of a double bladed saber requires a lot of twirling and specific movements for the user to avoid hurting themselves with the second blade extended.

Technohic
04.12.2012 , 08:00 PM | #4
I vote mara/sent

Shadow/assassin does not have the leaps.

Tenacity
04.12.2012 , 08:15 PM | #5
Leaps aside, I'm just looking for the fanciest lightsaber attacks =P

I love my sorceror's tumult (spinning kick) ability, so something similar to that maybe.

Xienive
04.12.2012 , 09:38 PM | #6
Lightsaber animations for Shadow suck, period. The only exception is if you are infiltration you will get clairvoyant strike which might be up your alley.

DeutschGamer
04.12.2012 , 09:50 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Xienive View Post
Lightsaber animations for Shadow suck, period. The only exception is if you are infiltration you will get clairvoyant strike which might be up your alley.
I think they are quite good.

Wesgile
04.13.2012 , 04:03 AM | #8
vigilance guardians jumps alot and does overhead spins.
大丈夫だ、問題ない。

DarkDruidSS
04.13.2012 , 05:05 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Tenacity View Post
Leaps aside, I'm just looking for the fanciest lightsaber attacks =P

I love my sorceror's tumult (spinning kick) ability, so something similar to that maybe.
If you like your sorc kick then Shadow is totally what you should roll. Assassins get Spike which we hit people with our lightsaber hilt and knock them down on the ground. The Shadow version is like Tumult Kick for Sith Inquisitors. So think Tumult Kick but you have a reason to use it outside of PvE and they don't have to be incapacitated.

Otherwise Sentinel/Marauder have the most flashy lightsaber attacks. Guardian/Juggernaut isn't bad, but Shadow/Sin uses more force abilities than lightsaber attacks since they are a caster/melee hybrid. Of course Shadow/Sin get the most obvious melee attack in the game with the spinning double bladed lightsaber, but that is only in the Infiltration/Deception tree and you are very squishy in that spec and people target you from a mile away because they know you are squishy, plus it is a highly visible attack.

Hope that helps.
Beatrush - 50 Assassin | Satellitebeam - 50 Sniper
Katastrophe - 41 Powertech | Ømnislash - 34 Marauder
Highwind - 29 Commando | ßraver - 23 Sentinel
Finalheaven - 21 Sage | Bigbrawl - 14 Scoundrel

Tenacity
04.13.2012 , 10:08 AM | #10
Decided to go with Shadow, probably going kinetic combat spec.