Very upset with the new system.

RelXikBri

After being one of BW's strongest supporters through all the early bugs, I'm actually also on the verge of unsubbing and breaking my MMO addiction. The new PVP system is just ridiculous.

I just spent 15 minutes in a PVP game against a partial premade - each of them netting a healthy 10+ medals, while nearly everyone on the losing team managed to scrounge together 4-5.

The result? 15 minutes of wasted time and 20 commendations. 20. TWENTY.

I don't like to PVP. I hate it actually. Loathe it entirely. My computer turns to a slide show for PVP at the very lowest graphics. I am, however in love with the marauder's gear shell, and want it. Of course, as Bioware had to put a cap on the orange patterns (you need rank 60) I have to endure this utterly miserable new system to get my PVP shells.

How is this fun? Which play testers thought that awarding 20 warzone commendations for 15 minutes of getting smashed was even a relevantly good idea?

This isn't a matter of skill, I am bad for the most part at PVP, decent at 1v1 if my comp isn't a slideshow. I'm just not having fun, and there is something in the game I really, really want.

Edited by RelXikBri

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have never enjoyed WZs as much as I did Ilum to be honest. Having two-three ops groups against eachother (low-settings to prevent the horrible slideshow for my computer) was the most fun I had in awhile. Now, the only option is WZs, leaving most PVPers from Ilum who would spend hours there after their weeklys completed just duking it out now have to figure out WZs as well. They sucked the fun out of it and honestly, destroyed PVP in this game. =/

Also: get rid of expertise =D

I hate this, "we are all winners" mentality. Some win, some lose. Get over it and fix your mistakeas.

You act like there is a way to know what our mistakes are. It takes weeks to get really good at something. A majority of it is trial and error. If we end up wasting playtime with NOTHING to show for our time, endgame has just been frozen out for a lot of people.

No one is expecting an "I win" button but to get nothing for a couple hours of playtime is nuts.

You act like there is a way to know what our mistakes are. It takes weeks to get really good at something. A majority of it is trial and error. If we end up wasting playtime with NOTHING to show for our time, endgame has just been frozen out for a lot of people.

No one is expecting an "I win" button but to get nothing for a couple hours of playtime is nuts.

You get to play a game for fun. If you are here to work a second job and get paid in gear your doing it wrong. You win, you get the spoils. You lose, try again.

"Some will win, some will lose, some are born to sing the blues."

You get to play a game for fun. If you are here to work a second job and get paid in gear your doing it wrong. You win, you get the spoils. You lose, try again.

"Some will win, some will lose, some are born to sing the blues."

How many *********** times do I have to say it? This *wasn't* fun.

And I wont keep playing this game if it continues to be so miserable.

I am about as rabid a Star Wars MMO fan as they come and I unsubbed. If you want to really see what worries Bioware, it is the power of the wallet.

And for those who scoff at this strategy, I point you to the free 30 day additional time Bioware is trying to give me to stick around. If that doesn't strike you as desperate, you have no understanding of economics.

Vote with the wallet people. I'm done with this train wreck of a game. Great concept lousy implementation poor pvp mechanics and inability to do any significant world pvp (which of course does not exist and you won't see it for many many content patches if ever).

And then perhaps they will stop ignoring the PvP minority.

Or keep being a sucker and paying for mindless decisions.

I hate this, "we are all winners" mentality. Some win, some lose. Get over it and fix your mistakeas.

Finally someone who makes sense. If you're playing pvp and you only get a meer 4/5 medals, something's wrong, even against a premade. Try again and learn. Practice makes perfect. You can't expect to always win.

The problem is not that we are all winners. Its that we can't control how Biofails system groups us. If you end up with fresh 50's and no gear even if you yourself are a full geared veteran, you will loose.

One person can not win the battleground vs a premade group of BM's.

We should not be punished and waste our time with a group of people that do not understand how to play.

....I don't like to PVP. I hate it actually. Loathe it entirely. My computer turns to a slide show for PVP at the very lowest graphics. I am, however in love with the marauder's gear shell, and want it. Of course, as Bioware had to put a cap on the orange patterns (you need rank 60) I have to endure this utterly miserable new system to get my PVP shells.

How is this fun? Which play testers thought that awarding 20 warzone commendations for 15 minutes of getting smashed was even a relevantly good idea?

This isn't a matter of skill, I am bad for the most part at PVP, decent at 1v1 if my comp isn't a slideshow. I'm just not having fun, and there is something in the game I really, really want.

If you hate PvP nothing they can do will make it fun, just easy so you can get the pattern you want. For many who enjoy PvP, like myself, we don't want it to be easy, that isn't fun to me.

If you really crave the pattern, and hate PvP, you should petition Bioware to make it available, or a PvE version, by some other mechanism.

There are some issues with the current changes, but overall I like the direction they are going and with some tweaks it gives me a bit of hope for PvP in this game. I'd like that since I seldom raid any more and would like something to do I enjoy once I've completed the class quests.

All I have to say is what the f--- happened?

I was pretty excited about this update since they were finally doing something with the Legacy system but PVP isn't even worth playing now. Such a disappointment. I don't even understand the new commendation system yet as I was only on for 30 min before ragequitting from feeling overwhelmed by so many changes at once. I'm glad I got all my Centurion gear and a few Champion pieces before this update so I'm not stuck with this new Recruit PVP gear though. I was pretty peeved by my skill points being reset too.

I'm not going to be drastic and unsub as I have overall enjoyed playing this game, mostly PVP but it looks like I'm going to have to give up PVPing and do more PVE stuff. Pretty bummed though.

I just unsubbed after being one of the strongest advocates I've seen on my server for people to patient.

I'm sick of playing a broken pvp system. After just 1 day - thats how un-fun it was.

I'm sick of trying to raid, in windowed mode, with bare minimum graphics, and getting 7 fps.

And I am sick and *********** tired of long load screens.

I'm just tired of it all.

Take care.

Edited by RelXikBri

I just unsubbed after being one of the strongest advocates I've seen on my server for people to patient.

I'm sick of playing a broken pvp system. After just 1 day - thats how un-fun it was.

I'm sick of trying to raid, in windowed mode, with bare minimum graphics, and getting 7 fps.

And I am sick and *********** tired of long load screens.

I'm just tired of it all.

Take care.

Have you considered liquid cooling? A good liquid cooling solution is $120 but I hear it's worth it. It also can't hurt to upgrade your graphics card, and the 600 series Nvidia cards are coming out (and their equivalent ATI are already out if you prefer them).

It's not a matter of that. It's a competition yes, but take a football game as an example. The team that LOSES the superbowl still gets payed because they went out and did their best. The don't tell that team, ''You actually only deserve minimum wage because you didn't win. Newbs.''.

It's a game. It's supposed to be FUN, and I pay the same monthly fee that everyone else does. So I for darned sure should not feel like I'm being discriminated against because gear is usually greater than skill in this GAME.

that might be fine if it came down to skill and improving.

but there are big gear, faction population , and premade/pugs disparities.

it's not about skill. it's not about "fixing your mistakes".

*** is wrong with everyone feeling like a winner? It's a GAME. It's not real life. I KNOW you can't always win or get what you want because I live that reality for about 9 hours a day at work. If everyone paying a sub comes away with a positive emotion is that so effing terrible?

And no, I'm not talking about that feeling of accomplishment that you got back in the day when you walked 20 miles to school uphill both ways.

lets see, in various posts, I've seen the following:

1) you deserve to get destroyed over and over if you have crappy gear compared to those that "earned" it already

2) losing (particularly getting destroyed) gets you no or almost no progress towards getting new gear.

ok now, can anybody besides me spot the catch-22 here? Why isn't this obvious to everyone?

Edited by Jeopardydd

I actually have been enjoying myself today. I have a GS full BM gear from b4 1.2 and been really enjoying wz's today. That being said there are a couple things that could be tuned a lil better

-Expertise needs to be tuned a lil bit maybe increase the damage reduction a lil more.

-I would love to see healing cast times reduced and have healers able to heal on the move.

-there is a larger disparity in gear now and ranked wz's were suppose to help with that, we need a lil patience there. I kinda respect BW for not releasing it.

-There should be some reward or world pvp, GCW comes to mind for all the ol swg vets. I liked ilum better when kills counted.

-We need some community building here, though this isn't the best environment for it, I would love to see more suggestions on how to address problems than just pointing out what is "broken".

-Returning medal rewards to the pre 1.2 or close to it would be good to adding a bunch more medals is just dumbing down.

my two cents anyway.

Edited by viotoa

lets see, in various posts, I've seen the following:

1) you deserve to get destroyed over and over if you have crappy gear compared to those that "earned" it already

2) losing (particularly getting destroyed) gets you no or almost no progress towards getting new gear.

ok now, can anybody besides me spot the catch-22 here? Why isn't this obvious to everyone?

This is where the classic adapt response comes into play.

The rewards are horrible now, and the three medal min ... what's that about ... absolutely hate it.

you can get three medals defending a node. there are alot of medals now. I used to get maybe 6-7 medals a WZ now I'm getting 9-12 depending if I'm guarding or attacking. and getting less for it I might add.

Edited by viotoa

you can get three medals defending a node. there are alot of medals now. I used to get maybe 6-7 medals a WZ now I'm getting 9-12 depending if I'm guarding or attacking. and getting less for it I might add.

i was a healer, and if we only had one node, we had to go get another and I wanted to heal people.

are you saying that's not how somebody should play? if so, that's a giant problem in itself.