Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Update for those affected by patching issues on April 11th

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Update for those affected by patching issues on April 11th
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

StephenReid
04.12.2012 , 05:08 PM | #1
On April 11th, an early version of Game Update 1.2 was deployed early by mistake. During a brief window of time players logging into the game may have downloaded the patch and found they were unable to log in. We corrected this unintentional change as soon as possible.

After correcting the issue, players who downloaded the early patch and wished to continue playing before Game Update 1.2s live deployment were required to re-download the game client, or re-install from retail DVDs.

We sincerely apologize to those players inconvenienced by this issue. We understand your play time is valuable and we are making changes to ensure this does not happen again.

In addition, we have now identified all players who were affected by this error, and as compensation an extra three days of game time will be added to their current subscriptions. These three days will be credited to affected accounts by Tuesday, April 17th.

Once again, we apologize for any inconvenience. Thank you for playing Star Wars: The Old Republic.

Thaed
04.12.2012 , 06:16 PM | #2
Good on you, Bioware.
Selkath.com: You'll never find a more pleasant hive of honey and friendship.

dprijadi
04.12.2012 , 06:30 PM | #3
great news, even if i wasnt affected by this bug, i applaud this move as it show how responsible bioware is..

salute

DarthMaulUK
04.12.2012 , 06:58 PM | #4
Many thanks for the update Stephen.

I was one of those who fell into this 'trap!'. Long hours of downloading, I was finally managed to login around 5pm BST.

My only question is, I wanted to login and sort out my armour prior to the update but missed out - so just to throw a spanner in the works, is it possible to exchance my 3 days of play time for the correct new updated mods and enchancements in my armour?

LaadieJas
04.12.2012 , 07:04 PM | #5
I am still affected by the problem.. I have reinstalled the game
I have tried patching from the desktop
I have renamed the launcher and used fixlauncher
I have deleted main assets
I have reinstalled the game
Still stuck at the same place.. repairing 37 files...
no matter what it always comes back to this and then the repair fails

DarthMaulUK
04.12.2012 , 07:08 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by LaadieJas View Post
I am still affected by the problem.. I have reinstalled the game
I have tried patching from the desktop
I have renamed the launcher and used fixlauncher
I have deleted main assets
I have reinstalled the game
Still stuck at the same place.. repairing 37 files...
no matter what it always comes back to this and then the repair fails
I had to uninstall the game again and download it from Origin(faster), then download 11GB worth of files, plus patches. I tried your process and it didnt work.

MrLeee
04.12.2012 , 07:14 PM | #7
I was affected by this also and had to re-downloaded the whole 11gigs.

Should our accounts be credited by now? Mine has not, so just wondering how long should I wait?
Prefers blasters over hokey religions and ancient weapons.

Zryan
04.12.2012 , 08:26 PM | #8
I appreciate the extra days and all but I am currently reinstalling the game and what if it doesn't work? What then? Many people have said they reinstalled and it did not work. Any further suggestions?

LordJaqen
04.12.2012 , 08:34 PM | #9
i can't even download the patch. i keep getting network error. and i just reactived my acct
CE VIP

BaeGeeN
04.12.2012 , 08:51 PM | #10
Wow... really? Thanks!