Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Bounty Hunterís Guide to PFT: An Advanced Prototype Special

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Vanguard / Powertech
The Bounty Hunterís Guide to PFT: An Advanced Prototype Special

Karandor
04.13.2012 , 10:03 AM | #21
I'm going to try to get a full DPS test between the 2 specs (RS & non-RS) on my PvP dummy today once the servers come up.

I'll be wearing full battlemaster combat tech with no mods swapped and the only non-BM piece being the matrix shard with aim and crit.

The accuracy is a waste but is really hard to get rid of right now without losing a ton of expertise and expertise > * right now.

TheOpf
04.13.2012 , 10:19 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Karandor View Post
I'm going to try to get a full DPS test between the 2 specs (RS & non-RS) on my PvP dummy today once the servers come up.

I'll be wearing full battlemaster combat tech with no mods swapped and the only non-BM piece being the matrix shard with aim and crit.

The accuracy is a waste but is really hard to get rid of right now without losing a ton of expertise and expertise > * right now.
Yeah I am hitting like a limp noodle against geared people right now, because I had almost no expertise prior to the patch. I was using the same gear for pvp as pve. Now I need to go for two sets of gear. Shh, but without expertise against a geared expertise guy I saw a 650 tick on my PFT.
The Bounty Hunter AP Guide: Always Learning -Vanguard Tactics Guide: Where is my PG Slow?
Anam Ithieor- 50 AP Powertech
Anbas Ithieor- 20 Operative (lethality/healer)

Mapex
04.13.2012 , 10:50 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Tiburtius View Post
Pre-1.2 Flame Sweep did not add stacks to PFT unless it hit someone (to my irritation). However, I noticed yesterday that it added stacks even if I didn't hit someone. It's quite handy in order to not drop stacks between fights.
This. When I was spy checking... I mean stealth scanning with Flame Sweep I noticed I got a stack of PFT every time despite hitting air. I go into every fight with a full stacked PFT charged every time now. It seems like a bug more than anything, but I hope it is an intended feature because it's so awesome!

And to confirm no this was not the case prior to the patch or even back in beta. This is new functionality. I guess it could be intended if you are spamming it looking for a stealther who will otherwise burst you down. By letting you stack up your attack preemptively as you try to destealth the stealther you have more of a fighting chance.
Streamlining Cover to be More User-Friendly and Intuitive
Improving the Adv. Prototype/Tactics Tree
Imperial: Mapex (PT) | Jerro (Sorcerer) | Khallus (SM) | Vinegarstrokes (Operative)
Republic: Mapekz (GS) | Khallas (JG) | Ammon (Shadow) | Bobbumman (Commando)

LoKiei
04.13.2012 , 10:53 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by dardack View Post
I thought FS only gave a stack when it hit someone. Unless it's bugged out now.
No it says "flame burst, immolate and flame sweep add a stack to PTF".

It doesn't say anything about having to hit someone, only use the abilities. It just happens to be that flame sweep is the only one you can use without a target.

dardack
04.13.2012 , 10:55 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by LoKiei View Post
No it says "flame burst, immolate and flame sweep add a stack to PTF".

It doesn't say anything about having to hit someone, only use the abilities. It just happens to be that flame sweep is the only one you can use without a target.
In pre 1.2 it had to hit someone to add a stack. So it's either a bug, or a stealth "buff"
Doofensmirtz lvl 50 PTIn Erebus Drooga's Pleasure Barge. 4 Imps 50. Doofentrooper lvl 50 VG in Goof Troop DPB
Dear BW please have RS/HiB send me to other fleet Nekkid. TY. Also, don't allow 3 sin/shadow 2 sorc/sage teams in HB. That is all.

theangryllama
04.13.2012 , 11:25 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by dardack View Post
In pre 1.2 it had to hit someone to add a stack. So it's either a bug, or a stealth "buff"
Or the fact that it wasnt pre 1.2 was the bug which would classify it as a stealth bug fix

Morticoccus
04.13.2012 , 11:43 AM | #27
I'm probably going to aim for a build like this once I get at least 31 points to play with, or once I reach tier 5 for PFT anyhow...

Very nice guide, thanks for writing this.
When all is said and done we're not the only ones who look at life this way: That's what the Sith lords say.
And if they'd ever change as that reminds to say. But every time I see them makes me wish I had a gun. If I thought that I was crazy well I guess I'd have more fun.

Agooz
04.13.2012 , 11:55 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by ZeroBacon View Post
Sounds good. Cant wait to try it. Heat management seems like its going to be a pain tho without immolate (still late 20s almost 30) for the free RP proc. I can replace Immolate with FB , or is there a better filler skill in the rotation?
If you want good advice, play Shieldtech or Pyro at least until lvl40. AP tree doesnt really come together until then. I am not saying it is not viable before then, I just dont see a reason to do it.

TheOpf
04.13.2012 , 12:11 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Agooz View Post
If you want good advice, play Shieldtech or Pyro at least until lvl40. AP tree doesnt really come together until then. I am not saying it is not viable before then, I just dont see a reason to do it.
Absolutely - this is spot on. In fact, I am going to add it to my suggestions and the beginning of the guide.
The Bounty Hunter AP Guide: Always Learning -Vanguard Tactics Guide: Where is my PG Slow?
Anam Ithieor- 50 AP Powertech
Anbas Ithieor- 20 Operative (lethality/healer)

Karandor
04.13.2012 , 01:30 PM | #30
Awesome, I'll be able to go into he first fight with 5 stacks now, this should be amazing for bursting down my first target.