Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Bounty Hunterís Guide to PFT: An Advanced Prototype Special

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Vanguard / Powertech
The Bounty Hunterís Guide to PFT: An Advanced Prototype Special

LoKiei
04.12.2012 , 08:07 PM | #11
Unless I missed something you didn't mention that flame sweep builds a stack.

This is critical as it allows you to build up PTF while not fighting an enemy and keep it charged at 5.

Hizoka
04.12.2012 , 09:11 PM | #12
with the patch changed the spec flows even better then before. just the change to making immolate add PFT stacks makes heat even easier to manage and you end up stacking 5 stacks just with the normal rotation (even using RB and RS) about the time that FT is off cooldown.

Karandor
04.12.2012 , 09:12 PM | #13
For the vanguards out there PG stacks are still increasing mortar volley and sticky damage.

Still running the no RS spec but I am going to try the RS spec as well.

BTW is there ANY battlemaster enhancement without accuracy or alacrity on it? I have 357 accuracy because of this stupid BM set.

If not I'm totally going to swap in alacrity to see what it does for pulse cannon.

TheOpf
04.13.2012 , 01:26 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by LoKiei View Post

This is critical as it allows you to build up PTF while not fighting an enemy and keep it charged at 5.
I didn't think about it, that's a good point. I was thinking more of single target rotation, but I will find a place for it. I am out of town for the weekend, but will try to make the adjustment tomorrow or later today.
The Bounty Hunter AP Guide: Always Learning -Vanguard Tactics Guide: Where is my PG Slow?
Anam Ithieor- 50 AP Powertech
Anbas Ithieor- 20 Operative (lethality/healer)

gravioli
04.13.2012 , 01:31 AM | #15
For whatever reason, I found survivability of my AP build (non-RS version) to be much lower now than pre 1.2. I noticed my HP are ~450 lower with the same gear (BM Eliminator/Combat Tech) and everyone is hitting me harder (despite taking Power Armor, which I did not have pre 1.2) Other than the fact that the PFT slow makes it easier to burn people down in certain situations, I don't notice any significant DPS increase on my end. HO has lost some of its luster too, considering I explode before I can even get the full 8 seconds out of it in huttball. What is going on here?

TheOpf
04.13.2012 , 01:33 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by ZeroBacon View Post
Sounds good. Cant wait to try it. Heat management seems like its going to be a pain tho without immolate (still late 20s almost 30) for the free RP proc. I can replace Immolate with FB , or is there a better filler skill in the rotation?
If you don't have PFT yet, than the 12 second rule doesn't apply. Pre-PFT, your rotation on someone should be something down the line of

ED - RS - RP - FB weaving in Rapid shots when your heat reaches 40. You don't really have the big points yet. So you should probably add RB into your rotation for the time being. Honestly until you get immolate get Charged Gauntlets and run your build like this

31 Build

37 Build

At 40 you get Immolate, and you can respec to either lvl 40-No-RS or lvl 40-RS.

Either way until you get PFT and Immolate, you will have to weave Rapid shots and make sure to use your Free RP every cooldown.
The Bounty Hunter AP Guide: Always Learning -Vanguard Tactics Guide: Where is my PG Slow?

Gomezie
04.13.2012 , 02:37 AM | #17
Awesome write up mate

Bravo

dardack
04.13.2012 , 07:06 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by LoKiei View Post

I thought FS only gave a stack when it hit someone. Unless it's bugged out now.
Doofensmirtz lvl 50 PTIn Erebus Drooga's Pleasure Barge. 4 Imps 50. Doofentrooper lvl 50 VG in Goof Troop DPB
Dear BW please have RS/HiB send me to other fleet Nekkid. TY. Also, don't allow 3 sin/shadow 2 sorc/sage teams in HB. That is all.

Tiburtius
04.13.2012 , 08:09 AM | #19
Pre-1.2 Flame Sweep did not add stacks to PFT unless it hit someone (to my irritation). However, I noticed yesterday that it added stacks even if I didn't hit someone. It's quite handy in order to not drop stacks between fights.

TheOpf
04.13.2012 , 09:26 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Tiburtius View Post
Pre-1.2 Flame Sweep did not add stacks to PFT unless it hit someone (to my irritation). However, I noticed yesterday that it added stacks even if I didn't hit someone. It's quite handy in order to not drop stacks between fights.

Hmmm, guess I should probably give it a try. I had basically found myself never using Flame Sweep because it's energy cost was high, and using it for one stack was kind of annoying. I will test it out this afternoon and see if it works. If it does than I am guessing it's an unintended bug.