Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sound issue with 1.2

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

iiell
04.22.2012 , 09:22 PM | #361
Running the repair utility did not fix my issue
"Monsters are real and ghosts are too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win." - Stephen King

Nogbish
04.22.2012 , 11:58 PM | #362
If it's not fixed once the event's done, I'm done. I can't take one more good class mission ruined by not having anyone speak.

LucasEighty
04.23.2012 , 01:29 AM | #363
the speeder has a one tone noise now, like its at constant full throttle (seems like a bodgey fix for the problem we had prior to 1.2)

conversations stop working, in my cause the character just stares vacantly into the camera mouth doesnt move, it doesnt happen to every character in the conversation just some of them

general walking around (who knows what triggers it off as its so suttle to start with) usually you think the effects from a footstep or 2 are missing, then certain other noises like taxis are gone, then battle effects, it seems like more & more sounds dissapear until your left with only 1 or 2 working

WZ: this usually seems to happen after the new WZ's intro cutscene as the sound seems way to loud on it, but when it occurs in the other WZs its usually when your in an area of high conflict (where you have 6-16 warriors clashing at once) & more often than not the sound for the award thing above your head kicks in (at a majorly over the top volume which almost sounds like pure static its so loud) thats when you usually think "there goes the sound & i hope my speakers just survived that"

the more you play after that award thing comes in at 1000000 dbs during a heavy engagement the more sounds you lose

atm for me, sound glitch kicks in after about an hour (sometimes 20mins WZ or not) only a full system reboot resolves the problem

i know its been said but FIX IT, & fix it properly this time, none of these half assed fixes that just seem to create more problems, i mean im no programer but do you see any other games on the market suffering from an issue like this? ive been gaming for over 20 years & the last time i had sound issues with a game was back in the DOS days, it cant be that hard

Macabakur
04.23.2012 , 01:50 AM | #364
for me it happens after playing for a bit, you can fix the sound by restarting your client, but if you're knee deep in an op or fp only way to fix it would be to close it from the taskbar, sucks though. they need to fix this asap, the main draw of this game is voice acting.. if you can't hear the voices then what's the point?
Ghael:50 Sentinel
Aurona:55Gunslinger
Alynthia: 50 Commando
Zang:50 Sith Sorcerer

mbennett
04.23.2012 , 04:36 AM | #365
Quote: Originally Posted by LucasEighty View Post
WZ: this usually seems to happen after the new WZ's intro cutscene as the sound seems way to loud on it, but when it occurs in the other WZs its usually when your in an area of high conflict (where you have 6-16 warriors clashing at once) & more often than not the sound for the award thing above your head kicks in (at a majorly over the top volume which almost sounds like pure static its so loud) thats when you usually think "there goes the sound & i hope my speakers just survived that"

the more you play after that award thing comes in at 1000000 dbs during a heavy engagement the more sounds you lose

atm for me, sound glitch kicks in after about an hour (sometimes 20mins WZ or not) only a full system reboot resolves the problem

i know its been said but FIX IT, & fix it properly this time, none of these half assed fixes that just seem to create more problems, i mean im no programer but do you see any other games on the market suffering from an issue like this? ive been gaming for over 20 years & the last time i had sound issues with a game was back in the DOS days, it cant be that hard
Yes, that medal award at the end of the match can actually cause serious harm to your ears if you have headphones on, it's insane when a team gets like 4 at the same time.

LucasEighty
04.23.2012 , 06:10 AM | #366
Quote: Originally Posted by mbennett View Post
Yes, that medal award at the end of the match can actually cause serious harm to your ears if you have headphones on, it's insane when a team gets like 4 at the same time.
I have Dolby Digital Astro headset with bass boost on... its beyond brutal when it kicks

Badnamed
04.23.2012 , 07:49 AM | #367
Honestly, I spent yesterday playing some other game because I couldn't stand SWTOR's noises anymore... I'm starting to see no more reason to keep paying my account... And that comes from someone that defends this game since launch...

Edit: I just launched the game (just turned my computer on as well) and the sound is ALREADY bugged at the char selection screen... This is getting ridiculous...

Tars
04.23.2012 , 08:02 AM | #368
Just adding my voice to those affected by this. Its a real pain in the *bleep* on an operation as you often can't hear the boss is about to do a certain attack. I know on the last couple of raids its affected more than 50% of the players so this is hardly a small bug affecting a minority of vocal posters.

WNxAbaddon
04.23.2012 , 08:05 AM | #369
I have given up now on a fix :/ they probably dont even know about it. I just lison to music now. Its a shame coz i like the sound on the game, but until they fix it theres no point as am only getting 1/2 the sounds
Darth Abaddon Tott doneeta █|||||||||||||()█╣█████████████████████████████████)

Veluthurk
04.23.2012 , 08:07 AM | #370
Add me to the list. Started last night and the sound is all wonky.