Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sound issue with 1.2

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

jibboo
04.19.2012 , 01:58 PM | #281
Page 3? Come on...

Arehonn
04.19.2012 , 02:07 PM | #282
The sound bug is dreadful and it's killing a lot of the enjoyment people have with the game. This should be an emergency ASAP fix, but yet it's gone on for a week now.
SEV - plasmatech / BOSS - shieldtech / SCORCH - gunnery / FIXER - medic

DELTA SQUAD

Tiber_Septim
04.19.2012 , 02:08 PM | #283
Today's patch didn't fix it, still getting insane parasite sounds in warzones.

mbennett
04.19.2012 , 03:09 PM | #284
Thought I would wait it out today because I didn't want to relog, the sounds slowly disappeared one by one until the fleet and warzones were basically silent.

TareaOsmina
04.19.2012 , 03:48 PM | #285
Yeah it's like an episode of some show where the world collapses in, the sounds just start disappearing one by one until you're in total silence. It kinda blows.
KARA OSMINA: MEMBER
PAXIMPERIUS
Website | Recruitment Thread | Guild Profile

DeeMoneyBig
04.19.2012 , 04:14 PM | #286
sounds still cut out the longer you play. Restart solution is a joke.

Scar - <Resurgum>
Tarquinas - Nomad

Metalmac
04.19.2012 , 04:15 PM | #287
Bio Ware please roll back the sound to before 1.2 patch that way you can screw it up later!

Hugedata
04.19.2012 , 04:35 PM | #288
Also getting this issue. Anyone else experience occaisional skips in the sound? Sometimes its a trill like a scratched CD.

ezln
04.19.2012 , 05:35 PM | #289
Quote: Originally Posted by Hugedata View Post
Also getting this issue. Anyone else experience occaisional skips in the sound? Sometimes its a trill like a scratched CD.
yea there are multiple sound issues right now but they choose to only fix the 'jet engine' one which was manageable IMO because you can just leave the imperial fleet...

GraunKrynn
04.19.2012 , 05:57 PM | #290
It's a shame that a game that places such an emphasis on sound (SW sound track, combat procs, Operation Boss queues, OH YEAH FULLY VOICED MMO) would let issues like this persist for so long. It really detracts from the enjoyment of the game. If this issue was reported on the PTS then it should have NEVER been deployed on your live servers. I understand that you guys wanted to push out 1.2, but again it looks like the game is being rushed continuously. Many of the features in 1.2 should have been included at launch, but you just had to make that holiday 2011 release.

Even key features of 1.2 (I'm looking at you Ranked Warzones and cross server queuing) were left out so that 1.2 could be pushed out the door. There's talk of 1.3 already, but there are STILL bugs that were present in Beta. Please BioWare, fix the game I so desperately want to keep enjoying.

(Honestly, if this game didn't carry the Star Wars brand I would have never subscribed past the first free month. I don't know how long that factor alone can hold me as a customer. I do love some of the new content, but please FIX things that are reported in your testing phases before rolling things to live.)