Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Just killed Taral V HM with 3 Troopers and 1 Consular and got Smuggler Gloves...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Just killed Taral V HM with 3 Troopers and 1 Consular and got Smuggler Gloves...

ViperI
04.24.2012 , 01:30 AM | #51
Quote: Originally Posted by Jokingly View Post
People want their **** to come out as cash, but it doesn't happen.
Irrelevant to the discussion.

A 100% success rate is extremely boring in my book. I in no way wanted this change, but I'm at least glad there is still a chance at an off drop.
How are you glad that there is a chance of loot rotting for groups? How? Please explain how that is possibly a good thing. Actually, I'll save you the trouble, it's NEVER a good thing. It's one thing if someone already has the item or has better, but in a game of class-specific loot, end-game loot items should not be dropping if that class isn't present.

The expectations you had were your own and their derivations have nothing to do with BW. Calling this a dishonest business practice is a huge stretch.
My expectations were not my own, they were created by Bioware when they published the 1.2 patch notes and said that changes were being made. The community gave feedback on a particular area of the game, Bioware says they're going to change it, thus, we naturally assume that they will change it to match our feedback. If they weren't going to do that, or they were going to do something different, then they should have stated EXACTLY what they were going to do. Instead they put in an ambiguous comment about group composition that could be interpreted many different ways. Now, if the intent was to hide the fact that they weren't following community feedback but wanted to make people think that they were, that is absolutely dishonest and is not a "stretch."

Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
They said a LOT of things about 1.2 that never made it live. 1.2 was the biggest piece of false advertising I've ever witnessed from an MMO developer. No wonder we were given 30 days.
Free 30 days: You can't cancel your sub even if you wanted to.
Viper 1
Frozen In Carbonite

Kexin
04.24.2012 , 01:48 AM | #52
T5 HM is small fry. Try D7 or Lost Island HM where the bosses dropped gear no one could use and it all went to companions. What a total waste of time.

Aurojiin
04.24.2012 , 02:33 AM | #53
Your consular should be happy, anyway. The smuggler gloves have Power/Surge enhancements which are quite useful.

Dale_
04.24.2012 , 02:47 AM | #54
Quote: Originally Posted by ViperI View Post
Free 30 days: You can't cancel your sub even if you wanted to.
That made me chuckle!
Grimdale
Hope's End Guild

The Red Eclipse

Siorac
04.25.2012 , 01:13 AM | #55
We ran hard mode EV last night and there were some smuggler stuff at every boss but we're used to that, at least other classes got drops too. Then we got to Soa. We killed him.

He dropped two Rakata Smuggler chests, two Columi Smuggler mainhands, one Smuggler armoring. It was actually extremely funny. My Doc's gear is absolutely brilliant now, he can heal through anything.

Rock_Spider
04.25.2012 , 02:19 AM | #56
I think its a carefully constructed ploy to get us to all roll smuggler alts.

Think about... smuggler is the least played class... How else do they balance it out? Get us all to roll smugglers for the phat loot!

Aurojiin
04.25.2012 , 04:20 AM | #57
I'm convinced the game picks the least useful loot to drop based on group composition.

I've run FE more times than I care to count now trying to get the chestpiece. When my group has no troopers, it drops a trooper chestpiece. When my group has no smugglers, it drops a smuggler chestpiece. When every class is represented, it drops a knight chestpiece, because our Guardian tank obviously needs three chestpieces (yes, three times).

BanthaRaider
04.25.2012 , 05:49 AM | #58
Our guild had his first EV run last weekend.. we didnt made it to beat Soa and the most run out of time
to keep trying but every boss and the most trash loot: Trooper..

i should mention we had a full equiped VG tank, no other Trooper

Exartess
04.25.2012 , 07:30 AM | #59
The good news is that Smuggler Hands have a Power / Surge enhancement in them that one of your troopers could have used to drop some of that over budget Accuracy.

NSCP
04.30.2012 , 04:50 PM | #60
20 april :

Flashpoints and Operations
Hard Mode Flashpoint loot does not currently take group composition into account.

1st may....

EDIT :
They fix it !?!N?!?

ALLLLLELLUIAAAAA ALLLELLUILAAAA