Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Just killed Taral V HM with 3 Troopers and 1 Consular and got Smuggler Gloves...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Just killed Taral V HM with 3 Troopers and 1 Consular and got Smuggler Gloves...

Thoffs
04.20.2012 , 10:29 AM | #41
FYI, from the known issues page on the CS Forum updated today (Apr 20th):

Flashpoints and Operations

Hard Mode Flashpoint loot does not currently take group composition into account.

At least this is now acknowledged in some form (I assume they also means 'ops' as well).

Tsarsov
04.20.2012 , 12:50 PM | #42
I think you all have this backwards. The game DOES take your group composition into account and makes sure you don't get anything

Yeah, not particularly funny - but crying about it isn't going to fix it, right? At least the dev's acknowledge the problem. Would be nice if they could assign a group (large group?) of GMs to "convert" unwanted drops into something useful after the fact - but doubt that is going to happen...

Just keep hoping and praying your get your drops until they fix it...

KilmarFyrewynd
04.20.2012 , 01:28 PM | #43
At this point, I am fairly sure they broke something regarding the loot mechanics and it is HEAVILY leaning towards smuggler (at least for EV/KP). I and other (including posts in the forums) have the same experience, smuggler gear is dropping at a MUCH HIGHER rate that any other class COMBINED.

ZudetGambeous
04.21.2012 , 07:09 AM | #44
Well so far in my experience the new loot changes just guarantees to gear up your trooper in as little time as possible.

Ran Lost Island HM.... sage healer, shadow dps, trooper tank, sage dps.... Every drop was for Trooper, even the random blue items

Ran another Lost Island HM... sage healer, sage dps, smug dps, trooper tank... Every drop was for trooper AGAIN

Same day... Ran KP HM.... 3 sages, a shadow tank, smug healer, 2 knights and a trooper dps. Had 2 knight drops, 1 smuggler drop and everything else was trooper drops, including 2 trooper main hands and 2 trooper rakata chests.

It is certainly not taking into account the group composition very well. It seems the formula goes something like...

Is there a trooper in your group? -> yes? -> ALL THE TROOPER GEAR!!!!!!1!1!
I tell you this: though neither he nor they yet know it, he is the greatest of all the Jedi. Jacen Solo is the living Jedi dream. Even without the Force, he is more dangerous than you can possibly imagine."

mtsr
04.21.2012 , 01:22 PM | #45
The game does not correctly identify the classes present in a FP or OPs.

That is all.
From the KOTORS *8 years exp in mmo's

Astlopho
04.21.2012 , 05:39 PM | #46
Our guild has been running Flashpoints for a couple of months now. Pre 1.2 getting loot to drop was horrible because it was ALL consular gear. We have no main Consulars in our guild. Now that 1.2 has arrieved the "Take group comp into account" is here and we where all excited about this change. Yet, its all we see. Its becoming a major problem because its hard to gear anyone up always getting Consular light armor gear. Sure, Jorgan and Yuun look funny as heck in it. But it doesn't help guild, group, personal morale when our loot doesn't drop. To be a bit fair a lot of the final bosses have been dropping gear we need lately. (Since 1.2) Yet I'd say 75% of the time its Consular gear.

I'm sure there are many other instances where this is happening and its not just Consular gear, but its still a problem for any guild to do Flashpoints and get geared up. This is really putting a whole new term to farming.

(Guess we all should of rolled Consular classes for our mains.)

Bioware you don't have to respond to this thread I just want to make this known throughout the community that its still a problem. With that said, it would be nice to hear any comments you have on this matter and when it will be fixed.

I had started another thread but they closed it down to this one. Putting my post here as well so others know.
Macelland Brommander, Galatic City Savior
Galatic Hero
Jedi Covenant - Republic
Scoundrel Sawbones

LifeOfMessiah
04.23.2012 , 06:00 AM | #47
I ran 6 Hard Mode Flashpoints this week, 5 in one day, and just completed EV Hard Mode, and out of ALL of that, there was only 1, I repeat, ONE, drop the entire time for Jedi Knight, and it was columi bracers in EV HARD MODE.

The rest of the time it was ALL smuggler, consular, and trooper gear. In EV HARD MODE, SEVEN pieces were trooper pieces, SEVEN. all the rest were consular and smuggler, except for the 1 Columi Knight Drop

In the 6 hard modes I ran, it was 2 smuggler drops, 2 consular drops, and 2 trooper drops, EVEN THOUGH we didn't have a single consular or trooper in the party at the time.

This is ridiculous. Jedi Knights seem to be the hardest to gear up in this game, and it's really frustrating and upsetting.

Please fix this garbage loot table.
Jedi Covenant
Azaryah - Jedi Sentinel

TUXs
04.23.2012 , 09:19 AM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by cloudblade View Post
Normally I'm not one to complain, but when an issue is supposedly addressed, I expect to see changes.

"Loot drops from endgame activities, such as Operations and Flashpoints, now take group composition into account." - taken from the 1.2 patch notes.

Many many people believed that this statement meant final boss drops would no longer be for a class that wasn't present.
They said a LOT of things about 1.2 that never made it live. 1.2 was the biggest piece of false advertising I've ever witnessed from an MMO developer. No wonder we were given 30 days.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

Thoffs
04.23.2012 , 09:56 PM | #49
Karragga kill on Hard Mode -- dropped two smuggler main hands, two pieces of exotech for smuggler as well. No smuggler in ops.

This is C R A P. It is way past time that this is fixed.

ClyntKeelan
04.24.2012 , 01:11 AM | #50
apologies - didn't realise there was already a thread for this!

'I wonder if other folks are finding that the Loot Drops at the end of Hardmodes are not random but seem almost deliberately irrelevant to party makeup?

Yesterday evening myself and my friends grouped up and did three hardmodes together hoping to get some columi for those of us still without. Among us there were 2 sorcs and 2 Bounty Hunters.

We did Boarding Party first and after beating Storm Squad we got Agent columi - useless.

We then did Kaon under Siege and got Agent columi at the end - useless.

We love this game and we tried again - we did Battle of Ilum, and what did we get at the end? Warrior columi: useless.

To do a hardmode, with friends who are only rarely able to all be online together for any real length of time, and to get nothing useful for the effort - 3 TIMES! - is very discouraging to say the least. It seems quite unnecessarily over-harsh. It seems to me to be a pointless waste of columi as well.

I thought they were fixing this? If they are not I could use some kind of advice or guide so I am not left apologising to friends for so much wasted effort! Is the loot drop (as it appears to be) dependent upon what day you choose to do hardmodes? Like, was it agent and warrior columi day yesterday or something?
I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions about what can be done about this? '