Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Just killed Taral V HM with 3 Troopers and 1 Consular and got Smuggler Gloves...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Just killed Taral V HM with 3 Troopers and 1 Consular and got Smuggler Gloves...

Flying-Brian
04.18.2012 , 05:14 PM | #31
The issue we had had before (don't know if it is still there) with flashpoint loot drops (mainly from taral V) was that it always dropped a specific class loot with a certain group type. Change 1 member to a different class, it would only drop loot for another class. It was not random at all, it had a pattern (for us) for Jedi knight, sage and smuggler gloves. The only random drop it seemed was trooper gloves, which was around 1 out of 30 or so drops.

Juvat
04.19.2012 , 12:27 AM | #32
There is nothing about this that is working according to what we have been told it should be. I don't really care about those who think that people complaining are feeling "entitled". This is a fact: they said they were fixing the loot drop system to be appropriate to the composition of the FP or Op group. This was in the patch notes for 1.2 and what was released about it prior. I too have been told in no uncertain terms by the fantastic "canned responses" that this is working as intended. That is a complete lie. I totally understand the percentages argument as well but it is a chance for gear based upon who is in the party. It is not guaranteeing that if I ran as a trooper and was the only one who needed gear in my group I would get it after running only one instance. However, I do fully expect the loot to be appropriate for SOMEONE in the Op/FP. To have loot drop that is not for any player in it is what is still broken. They need to fess up and admit that there is still an issue and maybe some of the ruckus about this will ease. Ignoring blatant issues to focus on other non-essential stuff like revamping the website really shows me where the attention of the devs/management is on which is not listening to the people paying the bills... death knell for many other MMOs. I'm sure there will be plenty of people who will continue to pay their subscriptions and hope that things get better eventually but the MMO community is a fickle one... and there are LOTS who are unhappy with the product as it currently is.

Aritok
04.19.2012 , 04:20 AM | #33
Yesterday Nightmare run on KP: 7 smuggler rakata items. With one smuggler in the raid. Really well done.

Bioware has to add new companions to the game. Our smugglers can start already with the 7th set. While others dont even have one set.

Thoffs
04.19.2012 , 06:20 AM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Juvat View Post
This is a fact: they said they were fixing the loot drop system to be appropriate to the composition of the FP or Op group. This was in the patch notes for 1.2 and what was released about it prior. I too have been told in no uncertain terms by the fantastic "canned responses" that this is working as intended. That is a complete lie. I totally understand the percentages argument as well but it is a chance for gear based upon who is in the party. It is not guaranteeing that if I ran as a trooper and was the only one who needed gear in my group I would get it after running only one instance. However, I do fully expect the loot to be appropriate for SOMEONE in the Op/FP. To have loot drop that is not for any player in it is what is still broken. They need to fess up and admit that there is still an issue and maybe some of the ruckus about this will ease.
Agreed -- it was in the patch notes, it is not working, fix it!!!!! The current loot drops are ridiculous -- it actually seems to me like drops in EV/KP on both normal and hard are worse than what they were before 1.2 in terms of class distribution. The percentage of smuggler drops seems even higher now.

It is almost like the drops are based on the class distribution stats for a server, and they are dropping loot for the least played classes to encourage more players to roll those --- which is stupid.

Some folks had speculated the loot changes were only for new FPs/OPs which would also be stupid. It is not like people have quit playing the old FPs/OPs !!!!

HansBrolo
04.20.2012 , 12:42 AM | #35
Ran Eseless hard this evening, and every single drop—including the Columi token—was for Consulars. Group comp: trooper, scoundrel, and two knights. We walked out of there with absolutely nothing.

CrimsonV
04.20.2012 , 05:18 AM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by Mavery View Post
The problem may be how we read the sentence.

It reads "will now take group composition into account."

This does not immediately translate into "only drops for classes represented will occur."

In all likelihood they just decreased the chance of non-represented class loot from dropping, not eliminated it altogether.
Pretty much this.

I still feel that the change isn't obvious enough, but I guess that it wasn't BW's plan to force endgame loot to be coherent with the group composition. A pity.
"Apathy is death."
Imperial Agent - Loyal to the Empire
I have spent 150€ for a game and I'm okay with this

cloudblade
04.20.2012 , 06:39 AM | #37
It doesn't even seem that the chances are decreased. I usually run 4-5 HM flashpoints a night, and usually only 1 or 2 of them drop tokens that are for a class that is represented in my group. I would suggest that the drop rates haven't been touched at all from before patch 1.2.

cloudblade
04.20.2012 , 06:40 AM | #38
In fact, it is a running joke in my guild that Smuggler tokens will always drop, especially when none of our groups run with one.

DeathDiciple
04.20.2012 , 07:38 AM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by Thoffs View Post
It is almost like the drops are based on the class distribution stats for a server, and they are dropping loot for the least played classes to encourage more players to roll those --- which is stupid.
This would explain it except... when you DO bring agent in the group it drops warrior or something. It's almost as if the loot tables are reversed to what they should be.

Rasticles
04.20.2012 , 09:09 AM | #40
Still broken... 6 Smuggler items in one full clear EV.........Bioware, fix the stuff you said you'd fix..... enough fail already.....