Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Just killed Taral V HM with 3 Troopers and 1 Consular and got Smuggler Gloves...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Just killed Taral V HM with 3 Troopers and 1 Consular and got Smuggler Gloves...

Thoffs
04.17.2012 , 04:20 PM | #21
Nothing has changed, it is the same c r a p drops that existed pre 1.2. On seven hard mode ops bosses we killed, five of them dropped smuggler gear (no smuggler in ops), only one drop was consular (four consulars in ops), and the rest of the drops were trooper (two troopers in ops). The majority of the drops were for a class not in the ops, while the class with the highest representation in the ops got the fewest drops. This was the same type of drops that we saw pre 1.2.

Aritok
04.17.2012 , 04:25 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by ADTRr View Post
This might be broken for flashpoints in ops the mechanic works fine
Ehh, no. It dont.
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=419038

cloudblade
04.17.2012 , 05:12 PM | #23
Just read the linked thread. Yeah, that's a pretty nice way of testing it. It really appears as if nothing has changed at all.

xenofire
04.18.2012 , 01:01 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by cloudblade View Post
Just read the linked thread. Yeah, that's a pretty nice way of testing it. It really appears as if nothing has changed at all.
I'd say it actually appears that agents/smugglers are getting way more loot than intended, especially when they're not even there!
Guildmaster of The Remnant on The Harbinger
#4 World | #2 US | EC16 HM

Gamstun
04.18.2012 , 01:08 PM | #25
this has been broken since release and i was RUDELY told by a dev that it was "working as intended" on these very forums...

yet they had to ***try*** to patch it in 1.2???

EA must really be rubbing off on them....
Lando-"I gotta say Boba, she's a beauty of a ship. Not quite sure about the name though...."

XLJedi
04.18.2012 , 01:15 PM | #26
Now how are the mobs s'posed to know who is going to be attacking them ahead of time? Not their fault they happened to eat a smuggler before your band-of-brothers attacked.

I say leave it be... stop whinin... try again tomorrow...
Once you get all those drops you'll be bored and threatening to un-sub anyway.

Not to try to inject some valid mathematical reasoning into why this might happen but... have any of you considered for a moment that perhaps the intention is that your probability of success is INTENDED to be less than 25%!!! If that is true (and I strongly suspect it is) then you should not be able to arbitrarily improve your chances of success to 25% by simply showing up with 4 troopers!!! This just seems obvious to me, so please stop with these whiney "I didn't get the toy I wanted" posts... your odds of success should be no better than 4 people who show up with 4 different classes, period.
Reelo (Jedi Guardian)
Server: Jedi Covenant (East Coast Time)
Guild: Starlords
Always willing to lend a hand to those who stop by my server and say hello!

Gamstun
04.18.2012 , 01:34 PM | #27
PS, I expect apologies from all the "Random Loot is Random" people from these threads:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...=250440&page=4

http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...66#post2689766

http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...=224675&page=3

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=329914

and specifically from the devs/mods in this thread:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=329914

Ogada
Old 02.27.2012 , 04:34 PM | #7
Report Post Quote
Greetings folks,

As has been correctly said above, the loot is randomly generated. There is no guarantee that when you kill a boss you get loot for your class.

Thank you for your time.
Ogada | BioWare Customer Service Forum Support

Ogada
Old 02.27.2012 , 09:30 PM | #12

Nope, not lies.

It is not a bug and until a member of the Development Team states otherwise, is working as intended.

Thank you for your time.

Hi again Gamstun,

We can go back and fort all day but the fact remains that until it is announced by the Development Team as a bug, it is going to be classified as working as intended.

If you feel it is a bug, then you are quite entitled to submit a bug ticket and it will be forwarded to the Development Team for investigation. I should point out though that you do not receive feedback about bug reports other than the In-Game CSR that forwards it for you thanking you.

And just in case you have already submitted it, if it is continuing to happen, then continue to send the bug reports. If it is a bug, this will help the Devs to narrow it down faster.

Thank you for your time.

Ahhhhh the sweet feeling of being proven right and the utterly disgusting feeling of being LIED TO all in one thread.....
Lando-"I gotta say Boba, she's a beauty of a ship. Not quite sure about the name though...."

KilmarFyrewynd
04.18.2012 , 03:28 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Mavery View Post
The problem may be how we read the sentence.

It reads "will now take group composition into account."

This does not immediately translate into "only drops for classes represented will occur."

In all likelihood they just decreased the chance of non-represented class loot from dropping, not eliminated it altogether.
In all likelihood they just took your group composition and completely reversed it. Don't have a smuggler, 80% chance for smuggler gear to drop. Whether it's intentional or not (I vote not), I do not know. Someone either accidentally reversed a mathematical equation or they just really like to piss us off.

ShadowAxx
04.18.2012 , 04:22 PM | #29
Whatever is wrong with the HM FP mechanic, the same is true for HM/NMM Operations.

It could take several hours to run a HM/NMM OP and there is a good chance some/most group members will not receive armor/gear upgrades.

I started a thread on the subject and was beaten into the ground by BW fanbois who I guess already had exploited all their Rakata gear and want to remain superior to others in the game.

I end up thinking whatever, and the poor loot mechanic is just one more reason I starting to dislike playing the game.

If there is a silver lining... they did lower the cost of repairs by about 50%.

Shaabyy
04.18.2012 , 04:46 PM | #30
I feel like this is the lamest complaint people have, but I also blame it on the wording in the patch notes. Its rediculous to expect that only your classes gear should drop, and its even more crazy that BW said something that insinuated this.

Next people will say, I want the game to know what gear I am wearing and only drop equippable UPGRADES of my current gear.

Entitlement...its a disease.