Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Who has cancelled their subscription due to the horrid PVP?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Who has cancelled their subscription due to the horrid PVP?

Gonewild
04.12.2012 , 03:10 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by karlmonster View Post
hey thats me. (and not because of the sorc nerfs. the games problems go waaaaaaaaaaaaaay deeper than any class balance issues.)
I cancelled my account in direct response to the WZ changes. George Zoeller lied:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgZoeller

Guys,

We've changed the way rewards are given in Warzones (rewards are now based on participation - if you idle, you get nothing), and this has resulted in you seeing some odd values on PTS.

The current credit and XP numbers you are seeing are temporary. In a future patch to PTS, you will provide the necessary data for the system to allocate proper rewards.

Sorry for the confusion here, but it's the nature of the test server to sometimes receive incomplete systems. If we intended the current behavior to be final, you would have seen a patch note explaining this change.

TL;DR: Don't worry too much. You're looking at temporary data. Credit and XP rewards for Warzones, while changed to take participation into account, are not significantly changed from the numbers you've seen before. We expect some changes (as you are more likely to lose games early in your career, so we want to compensate for that), but nothing is finalized yet.

Elrynn
04.12.2012 , 03:11 PM | #22
I cancelled

Kholt
04.12.2012 , 03:14 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Dreydin View Post
You ignored too many people. You did what was obviously stupid, and went against common sense. And now, you can use your advanced metrics you think you have, to keep track of your lost subs.
Honestly, those numbers are the only thing that matters at the end of the day. Did people complain? Sure, but the numbers are still good.

Really, if people are unhappy, the option is to walk away or eat it. I've cancelled, and so have a couple friends. That's not going to break BW's wallet, but if enough people speak with their money, BW will listen. Numbers people, numbers.

Tourne
04.12.2012 , 03:18 PM | #24
I loved PvP...until loggin' on for 1.2 patch.

Guess the PvE is still good (just like Rift...and all the others).

...but yeah, PvP is horrid with the patch.

karlmonster
04.12.2012 , 03:23 PM | #25
i should take a portion of what ive posted back.. I said I dont care if any bioware employees read this. That portion is not true, I want them to read this and see how many people are leaving. Maybe they can feel the unemployment line creeping up on them.
Mrpants - Iron Citadel - Sith Sorcerer

-Deception- DAoC Hib/Devon
-Juice Box- / -Juicy Box- WAR Gorfang / Badlands

PostalTwinkie
04.12.2012 , 03:31 PM | #26
After following this game for several years, many hours of beta and launch with several level 50s and a handful of other alts, I am leaving as well. It is more than obvious at this point that BioWare is in over their heads and has no real direction with this product. When my 7 year old reads the patch notes and questions some of the changes and after I explain them to him further he says "That doesn't make any sense", I know it is time to quit. When he can look me in the eye and say "Dad, that was stupid to do.", I know it is time to quit.

If BioWare wants a purely PvE game that plays like an RPG with a chat box, fine. But come out and just tell us! Stop beating around the bush and stop making these horrid changes. Changes I would expect someone on LSD to recommend and think were a good idea....

EDIT: I just can't stress enough, in the event that someone at BioWare reads this, that my 7 year old son thinks your changes are insane. That some of the features that have been in the game are not right.

His response to people leaving a War Zone without penalty....

"Dad, if someone leaves basketball at recess throwing a fit we don't let him play again."

This was what he said after I explained to him that we lost our WZ because people left, and they won't "get in trouble" (Leaver penalty) for leaving.
Quote: Originally Posted by Blavatsky View Post
Problems of the First World.

"My Video Game Dev implements improvements to my gaming experience in a clandestine manner , this is costing me virtual money "

Marinus_
04.12.2012 , 03:39 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Kholt View Post
Alright.... Cya.

Honestly at this point, I'm just enjoying a good train wreck.
That's why I'm here too. I cancelled a month ago. It's too late to stop it, so you might as well enjoy it!

Ghaleon
04.12.2012 , 03:42 PM | #28
I unsubbed.

Between the Ranked WZs being pulled and the HORRID WZ commendation grind (not to mention still no changes to the pvp daily/weekly quest conditions) on live right now...I've got no more patience left for this game.
Nall - level 50 Sith Juggernaut
Sting - level 50 Jedi Shadow

Maladon
04.12.2012 , 03:44 PM | #29
Alright.... Cya.

Honestly at this point, I'm just enjoying a good train wreck.
Post of the day?

Sith_Cho
04.12.2012 , 04:03 PM | #30
Honestly, those numbers are the only thing that matters at the end of the day. Did people complain? Sure, but the numbers are still good.

Really, if people are unhappy, the option is to walk away or eat it. I've cancelled, and so have a couple friends. That's not going to break BW's wallet, but if enough people speak with their money, BW will listen. Numbers people, numbers.
Haha they are offering free month of SWTOR now for people if they don't cancel until after April 24th.

Let's call it damage control.

Meh I'll keep playing the only thing that bugs me are the starting a game with 4-5 people vs. 8 and the match not ending immediately. That's just unfair and has nothing to do with skill/gear/etc. to start with such a disadvantage that's out of your control.
That and Mauraders/Sents needing their damage scaled back just a little bit but I feel that it was a unintentional bug due to buffing Juggernaut/Guardian damage.