Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Who has cancelled their subscription due to the horrid PVP?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Who has cancelled their subscription due to the horrid PVP?

Covalent
04.12.2012 , 06:56 PM | #101
Quote: Originally Posted by KretanMelithorn View Post
Seems a little reactionary.
It is but I think that is what is needed at this time. It is important that BW sees that when they push through obviously horrible changes we will not only react with words but with actions too. Nothing speaks to companies more than losing money.

hiemdall
04.12.2012 , 07:04 PM | #102
i came home from work logged in did not realize a patch had been put in (son was on playing) had my skill pts refunded so had to reallocate them.went to a warzone played ended up losing which is no surprise (republic toons) and fouind that i did not get any rewards even tho i had gotten 3 medals. i play on a pVe server but like to pVp for the credits and the xp even if i lose. and i thougt huttball was cool. i did the turret warzone and was out fighting and dying( more dying then fighting) to gain or regain a turret just to check the stats at the end of the match and found that the team members who were guarding the turret got more medals and pts then i did and i was out there i the thick of the fighting.so yes i am so close to unsubbing that it is not funny and i liked this game to even tho i am on a pve server but to make such drastic changes is just crazy.

OD-BLOODED
04.12.2012 , 07:06 PM | #103
Promising something for a decent percentage of your community, and then removing it with mere hours before launch is one thing, but breaking the rest of it and not expecting a mass exodus is folly. Most of the PvP community has only been keeping their sub up for THIS patch and what was supposed to go with it. I'll see what they change before I decide to resub, if it stays in this state I won't be missing much anyway.
Cry havoc, and let slip the dogs of war! Thrale - Team Bacon

Slurmez
04.12.2012 , 07:10 PM | #104
Quote: Originally Posted by OD-BLOODED View Post
Promising something for a decent percentage of your community, and then removing it with mere hours before launch is one thing, but breaking the rest of it and not expecting a mass exodus is folly. Most of the PvP community has only been keeping their sub up for THIS patch and what was supposed to go with it. I'll see what they change before I decide to resub, if it stays in this state I won't be missing much anyway.
Hmmm what was promised?

Lucrothop
04.12.2012 , 07:16 PM | #105
Im giving them to the end of the free month they gave us to fix the problem or Im unsubbing. I would rather go back to the other MMO than pay any more money for this broken crap they are trying their hardest to break more.

JustAddWatah
04.12.2012 , 07:18 PM | #106
Quote: Originally Posted by evil_santa View Post
my sub runs out at midnight tonight and i've already uninstalled the game and deleted the content from my harddrive.

There's no way that i'm re-downloading the 11gib of data required to play the game, even if bioware is giving out a free month.

1.2, by all accounts, has been a deathblow to swtor. Bioware took a game that was fairly balanced (aside from 3 classes) and thrown the balance completely off. Bioware took a game that had a decent reward system for pvp and changed it to reward only those who already have an advantage. Bioware failed to deliver on a system that would have provided challenging matchups for the pvp community, and were dishonest about the system's release date up until 12 hours before it was slated to be published. Bioware failed to deliver on owpvp by creating an amazing landscape to pvp in, but putting the focus on one location in that

bioware knows this, they know they've screwed up big time and their data shows the unsub rate to be high enough to warrant giving out a free month of play-time to their players to try and makeup for these issues.

Quite frankly a free month isn't enough. If i'm going to even look at playing this game ever again the following needs to happen.

A.) the dir of pvp and it's project managers need to be fired. They've done nothing but fail in designing the game's pvp over the last 3 months, and their "ideas" generally hurt the company more than help.

B.) roll-back the balance changes that went live in 1.2. 3 classes being slightly op (in one way or another) is easier to deal with than 2 massively op classes and 6 super-gimps. The metrics used to balance need to be based on class potentials, and not on class use because sometimes it takes 2+ months for a community to figure out how-to maximize a classes worth.

C.) weekly updates posted to the forum on the status of upcoming pvp changes - positive and negative hurdles.

D.) the ptr has to have a "mission box" which allows players choose to auto-level to 20, 30, 40, 50 and provides a full set of appropriate gear as quest rewards so that upcoming changes can be tested by a large portion of the population instead of a select few.

E.) x-server queuing, ranked warzones, a anti-cheating system, and 3 - 4 new warzones need to become the priority for pvp's future. Class imbalance in 1.1 wasn't such that it required such a gigantic overhall.

F.) all future class changes should be rolled-out in smaller updates and would change 1 - 2 classes per update instead of making sweeping changes.

Do this bioware, and i'll resub. Fail to address these issues and i've already started looking at other mmo's. It's really a shame that the game went this direction because january - march i had such high hopes for this game.

this.

Chedra
04.12.2012 , 07:27 PM | #107
I just waited for 1.2 , was praying they would do right thing, but I feel ripped off, shame this game could have really been something.

I just feel ripped off by Bioware just now, with this and ME3 first day DLC, I think its starting to be a trend with them, and I will having nothing more to do with them.

Had alot of love for the company, blizzard are starting too look like angels in comparison.

Good Luck!

Ganjimon
04.12.2012 , 07:36 PM | #108
just canceled my sub as well... this is by far the worst patch in mmo history.

RonniDoitch
04.12.2012 , 08:00 PM | #109
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND

Cancelled.

Because of no rated warzones and yet ANOTHER gear grind. I am not gear grinding in PvP again.

Arnasdam
04.12.2012 , 08:04 PM | #110
I did it, unsubbed. Then I resubbed to get the 30 days (I like free stuff all right?) and then canceled because I'm still getting the free days.

Open beta for Tera starts soon (19th?). More free stuff!