Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Nerfs for...more fun?

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Lexb
04.21.2012 , 11:39 AM | #91
The overall impression/feeling i have is simple.

I choose the wrong class in the wrong (low pop) server in the wrong game.

Edit:
Just came back after another ruined pvp match. 5 kills, 75k damage and 1 medal.

But i will think in a positive way... Or try to use reverse psychology.

But i'm so happy, 2 wzs played till now, first one i got 8 kills!!!!! That isn't awesome??? 8 kills. Now i`m starting to understand the concept of being a commando. At this speed i can have maybe, i said maybe, 10 kills in a wz next year. That will be sooooooo coooool!!!!

I'm so loving my lack of dps, and the imps killing me fast was a so much improvement to bring more fun and balance to pvp. I`m amazed how devs made pvp an unforgettable experience after last patch. I'm so glad to spend my free time here while paying for their hard work. I can't even imagine why ppl have reasons to unsub... The only things that come to my mind are devs working hard, day and night thinking about all the ppl enjoying their hard work.

Every time i'm in a wz there's a lot of fun when ppl stuns or kills me in one zillion ways, and i can't do nothing while my hp bar drops to zero in 5 seconds!!! Great fun!!!! And there's all that time spent hunting datacroms, pvp comms, armor and items just to see they won't matter LOL, great joke, i loved it!!!

And it's so nice to pay and contribute to others have a good time. TY Bioware so much. Off course i will keep working to pay the game and using all my free time here to enjoy all the fun the game brings to me.

Forgot to mention the buggy sound and the game freezing during pvp!! But who needs a mmo with sound working? And why bother with the game keep freezing after last patch? I will be dead anyway when the game comes back. And to end with a special touch, the game is now crashing 3 to 6 times per day, an amazing improvement since last patch, because before 1.2 my game had 1 or 2 crashes per week at max.

(This is surely the type of post you guys like to read right?)
"I used to be a commando like you, but then I took a nerf in the knee".

Hxxr
04.23.2012 , 01:43 AM | #92
Quote: Originally Posted by TheNinjaboy View Post
The damage nerf was closer to 50% then 10% fyi. Nothing was "re-balanced" to make up for that loss.
It was closer to exactly 19%. Huge and not compensated in any way. HSM/Demo need a serious cut in cooldown to get us back on our feet.
It gives us all we need, mobily, burst, higher sustained damage and really is a simple fix.
Quote: Originally Posted by Rtwozero View Post
Just remember that combat logs only state mathamatical facts. They are not rude or arrogant.

Akomo
04.23.2012 , 04:08 AM | #93
Quote: Originally Posted by amantheil View Post
I think people misunderstand who this change was for. People who post here understand the class and know how Grav Round is our bread and butter. Our rotation won't change, we will still weave in a lot of grav rounds with all the othe abilities. The change is there to punish people who ONLY SPAM grav Round and nothing else.
Yep and thats what its intended purpose is.I weave grav round into all my abilities including grenades.I do have to manage my ammo meter closely in PvP and PvE when i use grens though.More so after 1.2.Its not necessary to spam it since youll go through your ammo quickly if you do.

Adapt and survive.

Dont and unsub.

P.S. kinda ironic since i specced to gunnery about 3 months before 1.2 and im sticking with it.
Super Muppet Extraordinaire!

Akomo
04.23.2012 , 04:20 AM | #94
Quote: Originally Posted by Lexb View Post
The overall impression/feeling i have is simple.

I choose the wrong class in the wrong (low pop) server in the wrong game.

Edit:
Just came back after another ruined pvp match. 5 kills, 75k damage and 1 medal.

But i will think in a positive way... Or try to use reverse psychology.

But i'm so happy, 2 wzs played till now, first one i got 8 kills!!!!! That isn't awesome??? 8 kills. Now i`m starting to understand the concept of being a commando. At this speed i can have maybe, i said maybe, 10 kills in a wz next year. That will be sooooooo coooool!!!!

I'm so loving my lack of dps, and the imps killing me fast was a so much improvement to bring more fun and balance to pvp. I`m amazed how devs made pvp an unforgettable experience after last patch. I'm so glad to spend my free time here while paying for their hard work. I can't even imagine why ppl have reasons to unsub... The only things that come to my mind are devs working hard, day and night thinking about all the ppl enjoying their hard work.

Every time i'm in a wz there's a lot of fun when ppl stuns or kills me in one zillion ways, and i can't do nothing while my hp bar drops to zero in 5 seconds!!! Great fun!!!! And there's all that time spent hunting datacroms, pvp comms, armor and items just to see they won't matter LOL, great joke, i loved it!!!

And it's so nice to pay and contribute to others have a good time. TY Bioware so much. Off course i will keep working to pay the game and using all my free time here to enjoy all the fun the game brings to me.

Forgot to mention the buggy sound and the game freezing during pvp!! But who needs a mmo with sound working? And why bother with the game keep freezing after last patch? I will be dead anyway when the game comes back. And to end with a special touch, the game is now crashing 3 to 6 times per day, an amazing improvement since last patch, because before 1.2 my game had 1 or 2 crashes per week at max.

(This is surely the type of post you guys like to read right?)
Sorry but one medal? I get a minimum of 3 medals per round and thats losing the match.In winning matches im averaging 6 to 14 medals and 80-220k damage.Your not shooting enough.If i do less than 80k it means IM not shooting enough.(usually defending a point or area).

As far as game crashes go, well cant help you there.Thats more than likely your end.Since launch dec 20,2011 ive crashed a total of 5 times ,all related to a driver updates.

Still 1.2 is not perfect nor am i claiming it is.I wont bother with listing bugs here since its off topic.
Super Muppet Extraordinaire!

Lexb
04.23.2012 , 07:26 AM | #95
Quote: Originally Posted by Akomo View Post
Sorry but one medal? I get a minimum of 3 medals per round and thats losing the match.In winning matches im averaging 6 to 14 medals and 80-220k damage.Your not shooting enough.If i do less than 80k it means IM not shooting enough.(usually defending a point or area).

As far as game crashes go, well cant help you there.Thats more than likely your end.Since launch dec 20,2011 ive crashed a total of 5 times ,all related to a driver updates.

Still 1.2 is not perfect nor am i claiming it is.I wont bother with listing bugs here since its off topic.
Im the only commando using war hero armor in my server (i think the only one with the full BM gear also) and im 30k valor to have "Conqueror" tittle.

I used to kill ppl not only with guns.. I used to toss 3 or 4 off the bridge and platforms in VS. kill ppl in acid/fire in a very good amount of times in the same match, even after the WZ end match window.

So im pretty marked, when ppl see me, i usually have 3 or 4 on me. Before patch i had enough dps or heals to kill or keep some at distance. Now im only an easy target to be killed as soon im in sight. I dont blame them, i surely did , do and probably will do the same, kill the easy one, the fastest one to be killed. Since commandos, ty to BW again, have no survivability. If any DPS class target you you are dead. Funny is, being a dps commando means not a certain kill. BW should call us "those who can kill with luck" now. I bet some of them are complaining for not releasing the ranked WZs since i bet they not play commandos. And i assure that not a single commando will have a smallest chance to stay near a real dps when ranked WZs are released if BW not fix our class.

About the crashes, sound bugs and game freezes.

Its very simple. No crashes, no sound bugs, no game freezes before 1.2. Plain and simple enough. It was implicit in last post.

By the way, i have a HP workstation that probably cost the price of 5 or 6 pcs rigged for gaming. Incredible to have a computer rigged to make movies like Avatar and its not working with this not properly tested patch.

So you can see how devs were rigorous testing 1.2.

Pls dont get me wrong and im not and will not criticize you

But every time someone comes saying about "you guys need to learn your role... bla bla bla" sounds like an indocrinated fan boy teenager anxious for any opportunity to brag about himself, to show how he is "goooood", or with hopes that BW will make a note about his name to give him some cookies later or maybe pet his head, or whatever lol.

The same way, when someone complain about software bugs, every time comes someone saying "your computer is the problem... bla bla bla" not the software made for those called almighty Devs. It is much pretension, and dumb, to write when someone has problems with the computer and we have not, come to say that can only be the fault of that user's computer and not the software.
"I used to be a commando like you, but then I took a nerf in the knee".