Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Not getting it...

lucazzy
12.17.2011 , 01:48 AM | #1
You did a Beta to test how big the server populations could be.

You knew you would be inviting X amount of people to the game every day for a week, plus the big amount on official launch day.

So on paper, you should be able to have all the info you need to figure out how many servers you need to add every day to ensure that we don't have wait times and over population.

...What the hell happened?

I love this game. But I waited for an hour to get into my server! How, BioWare? How?
Proud subscriber of Star Wars: The Old Republic since Day 1 of Early Access.

CE VIP

Skoobie
12.17.2011 , 02:08 AM | #2
They said a lot of last minute pre-orders happened.

MilesTheFox
12.17.2011 , 02:13 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Skoobie View Post
They said a lot of last minute pre-orders happened.
Those lot of last minute pre-orders shouldn't have gotten into Early Access this soon. They caved to the whiners.

Skoobie
12.17.2011 , 02:14 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by MilesTheFox View Post
Those lot of last minute pre-orders shouldn't have gotten into Early Access this soon. They caved to the whiners.
They also gave us two extra days.

Langkard
12.17.2011 , 02:21 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by lucazzy View Post
You did a Beta to test how big the server populations could be.

You knew you would be inviting X amount of people to the game every day for a week, plus the big amount on official launch day.

So on paper, you should be able to have all the info you need to figure out how many servers you need to add every day to ensure that we don't have wait times and over population.

...What the hell happened?

I love this game. But I waited for an hour to get into my server! How, BioWare? How?
Really? Did you consider that no amount of planning can make people spread themselves out over the available servers? The populations are excessive on some servers, but not all. And they're adding more as needed in cases where all of a type of server in an area are full. But they can't do anything about every kid wanting to be on the same server as every other kid. No way to plan for that. They can't do anything about people complaining about overcrowding yet refusing to move to an underpopulated server.

Evertal
12.17.2011 , 03:03 AM | #6
I played on prime time for 2 days now and have yet to experience a que, lag or unstable server.

If ques bother you that much why did you choose a heavy loaded server? The game is still young so starting on a new lighter loaded should no be a problem for you. the number of characters you are allowed in this game is very generous so take advantage of it!

Evenios
12.17.2011 , 03:04 AM | #7
Again, this is why I'm glad I'm waiting a few days

Grunnd
12.17.2011 , 03:08 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Evertal View Post
I played on prime time for 2 days now and have yet to experience a que, lag or unstable server.

If ques bother you that much why did you choose a heavy loaded server? The game is still young so starting on a new lighter loaded should no be a problem for you. the number of characters you are allowed in this game is very generous so take advantage of it!
My entire guild was assigned the server we're on now. We had no idea it would be as popular as it is now because no one knew.

Not going to abandon our friends to be forever alone like other people. Sorry.

LordPoncho
12.17.2011 , 03:09 AM | #9
ITT: People QQ'ing over the fact that some servers are heavily populated, but won't switch to a different server, only adding to the overpopulation.

Congrats guys, keep it classy.

CapuchinSeven
12.17.2011 , 04:07 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by LordPoncho View Post
ITT: People QQ'ing over the fact that some servers are heavily populated, but won't switch to a different server, only adding to the overpopulation.

Congrats guys, keep it classy.
AND in doing so, totally destroying the whole "create your guild before the game opens and it will be in game waiting for you" setup that Bioware had going.

I'm not even effected by that, I'm un-guilded, but even I can see why you guys are not even thinking before you type.
I know chop-knees.