Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Tauntaun Hoth Mystery

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Skolops
04.17.2012 , 11:52 PM | #891
Quote: Originally Posted by Meowzette View Post
At Outpost Zerek there is a Tauntaun in the corner and man using a hand held device to scan it, another guy is on the ground looking for something kinda near its feet, the coordinates are: -1242 , -10 When I tried my NVSCCS it said I was too far away "get closer". I stood in the Tauntaun, and I still received the error message. Has anyone else rec'd this message?

Here are the tauntauns I catalogued

Wild Roaming
(3) 933, 35
(1) -6, 59
(2) 1,44
(2) 22,35
(2) 139, 48
(2) 936, 99
(2) 1036, 100

Lost
91) -1610, 8
(2) -1673, 17
(1) -1494, 52
(3) -1485, 50
(2) -1727, 88
(3) -1626, 112
(4) -988, 60
(3) -903, 60
(1) -1221, 50

Dead
(1) -848, 2
(1) -938, 13
(2) -1023, 17
Really? I checked it out and he is not clickable.

StampMango
04.17.2012 , 11:57 PM | #892
Alright guys... Been reading and here's my take. Have any of you ever tried feeding granola to a chipmunk out of your lap? You absolutely CAN NOT move. He'll run away. Sit still enough? He'll crawl all over you. It's kinda fun. I'd definitely recommend trying it. But back to the conversation at hand... I think we should quit getting this jerky buff then trying to run all across hoth checking suggested leads before we lose the buff. As a matter of fact, I don't see how using the jerky would help at all. You can't attract chipmunks with granola you've already eaten. You've got to have the granola, but it makes no sense to eat it, yourself. So to sum it all up, I think we have to have the jerky (not use it), and sit still somewhere.. They may have gone so far as to make you actually "Sit" since it is, after all, a very small animal. You wouldn't wanna intimidate it by standing, would you?

Now, opinions of other leads:
•The Ilum map--Someone was trying way too hard to make something outta nothing.
•The 3 identical caves--Something does seem very odd about these.
•Waiting around after Snowblind is dead--Could be something. Like I said, stay still.
•Dead Tauntauns--The sheer number of these leads me to believe either it's irrelevant, or we have to go to ALL of them at some stage of the mission. My best guess would be the first.
•Programability of NVSCCS--Maybe we have to, maybe we don't. If it's not programmed for normal tauntauns, I don't see why it would be programmed for mini tauntauns. But I also don't think they woulda made it hard to program (Leads me to believe we don't have to, since no one's figured out how).

Rell
04.18.2012 , 12:02 AM | #893
Quote: Originally Posted by StampMango View Post
Alright guys... Been reading and here's my take. Have any of you ever tried feeding granola to a chipmunk out of your lap? You absolutely CAN NOT move. He'll run away. Sit still enough? He'll crawl all over you. It's kinda fun. I'd definitely recommend trying it. But back to the conversation at hand... I think we should quit getting this jerky buff then trying to run all across hoth checking suggested leads before we lose the buff. As a matter of fact, I don't see how using the jerky would help at all. You can't attract chipmunks with granola you've already eaten. You've got to have the granola, but it makes no sense to eat it, yourself. So to sum it all up, I think we have to have the jerky (not use it), and sit still somewhere.. They may have gone so far as to make you actually "Sit" since it is, after all, a very small animal. You wouldn't wanna intimidate it by standing, would you?.
I've been sitting quitely in groups of Tauntons with the buff and with extra Jerky in my inventory for several days. Nothing yet.
Rell Stormweaver
Jedi Guardian - True Covenant

shimmer
04.18.2012 , 12:03 AM | #894
•Programability of NVSCCS--Maybe we have to, maybe we don't. If it's not programmed for normal tauntauns, I don't see why it would be programmed for mini tauntauns. But I also don't think they woulda made it hard to program (Leads me to believe we don't have to, since no one's figured out how).
Georg Said someone "found the Tauntaun but did not capture it" confirming it has to be captured. The NVSCCS is definatly used in this.

StampMango
04.18.2012 , 12:07 AM | #895
Quote: Originally Posted by Rell View Post
I've been sitting quitely in groups of Tauntons with the buff and with extra Jerky in my inventory for several days. Nothing yet.
I'm not thinking normal tauntaun groups... I'm thinking the 3 caves that are all identical, or this "Tauntaun mother" that spawns a bunch of adds (But it kinda seems like this tauntaun mother is just someone trying to troll)

StampMango
04.18.2012 , 12:08 AM | #896
Quote: Originally Posted by shimmer View Post
Georg Said someone "found the Tauntaun but did not capture it" confirming it has to be captured. The NVSCCS is definatly used in this.
Didn't say it's not used... I said it may have to be programmed. Read the description of it.

Skolops
04.18.2012 , 12:09 AM | #897
I'm not thinking normal tauntaun groups... I'm thinking the 3 caves that are all identical, or this "Tauntaun mother" that spawns a bunch of adds (But it kinda seems like this tauntaun mother is just someone trying to troll)
If there is a mother that spawns adds, and if it does require killing a world boss to get, it would make a lot of sense as a type of "group reward" for defeating the boss. Everyone could capture one of the adds - IF, of course, the jerky or whatever else was necessary to capture them was in effect.

Skolops
04.18.2012 , 12:52 AM | #898
Quote: Originally Posted by SillyTurtle View Post
I found this tiny path on a mountain in the middle of nowhere. However, it's just the peak of a mountain. My only guess is its underneath but there is no way I see to get to underneath this spot. Anyone have any ideas? Just seems odd... was hoping it led to a secret cave or something.

http://i44.tinypic.com/2mnq1l2.jpg
http://i41.tinypic.com/v9bb5.jpg
Very strange. Exploring that area myself and I can't figure out what that path is...

greydude
04.18.2012 , 12:58 AM | #899
Quote: Originally Posted by Skolops View Post
If there is a mother that spawns adds, and if it does require killing a world boss to get, it would make a lot of sense as a type of "group reward" for defeating the boss. Everyone could capture one of the adds - IF, of course, the jerky or whatever else was necessary to capture them was in effect.
This would make sense considering the NVSCCS isn't a unique and stacks. One person could get the supplies for an entire group.
Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid. ~Albert Einstein

NDFraser
04.18.2012 , 01:34 AM | #900
Quote: Originally Posted by greydude View Post
This would make sense considering the NVSCCS isn't a unique and stacks. One person could get the supplies for an entire group.
The thing that is off is that you get the schematic for the jerky from him and therefore wouldn't have time to craft the jerky even if you had the materials. Also I doubt that they would make you have to kill a world boss for both tauntaun pets. It would also ruin the fun of the scavenger hunt deal. I think they would tell us to just wait as oppose to letting us get the schematic/jerky and the run around going mad.

Idk just the whole mother thing does sound super troll especially since no one else has reported it.