Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Tauntaun Hoth Mystery

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

KurganNazzir
04.14.2012 , 04:47 PM | #371
Quote: Originally Posted by TwistedVisage View Post
You are correct, I had to of been lagging for the item to pop into my inventory that far away, I also didnt know Poisonous Strat had that quest item, I feel noobly.
I just remember that talking to the droid he has us drain his coolant and it shows up in mission items, and since you apparently don't have to click on it for the quest, it's easy to overlook.
Dark Eclipse
GAF

PianoMatt
04.14.2012 , 04:48 PM | #372
I'd hate to ask someone to blow their jerky on this, but can someone please go to Ilum and mess around with it there. I've supplied coordinates to the Imperial Tauntaun's that are green (there are 2 sets) and it has been comfirmed by myself and someone else that they are mirrored on the Republic side. They were added to the game and are labled uniquely...there must be a reason for it.

There is also a Champion level "Enduring Tauntaun" that I have never seen before that I killed the other night. I would try all of this out myself but I am in rehearsal all day. That mob is located in the upper East corner of the map past the Poisonous Strategies Heroic Area for Imperials. (On top, not down below in the canyon where you head to get the Willpower Datacron.)

If I'd classify what planet I got the bird pet from, I'd say Alderaan, but in actuality, it was Tatooine where I was able to manifest the pet. That may be the case here with the jerky ingredients/recipe mainly coming from Hoth and previous mentions in tooltips/patch notes of hoth pets being available. We can think of it as a "Hoth pet" but it manifests on another planet entirely.

~Gaytastic
Gaytastic
<Ascendant>
55 Sorcerer on The Shadowlands

The FAMOUS Legacy

KurganNazzir
04.14.2012 , 04:51 PM | #373
Quote: Originally Posted by PianoMatt View Post
I'd hate to ask someone to blow their jerky on this, but can someone please go to Ilum and mess around with it there. I've supplied coordinates to the Imperial Tauntaun's that are green (there are 2 sets) and it has been comfirmed by myself and someone else that they are mirrored on the Republic side. They were added to the game and are labled uniquely...there must be a reason for it.
I remember seeing your post but I don't have it saved, where are these Tauntaun? I'm on Ilum at the Imperial base and, right now, I just see the ones that have always been there.

Also, the Enduring Tauntaun has always been there.

Nevermind, I found your old post. The ones you mention have always been there.
Dark Eclipse
GAF

PianoMatt
04.14.2012 , 04:58 PM | #374
Alrighty, thank you for letting us know.
Gaytastic
<Ascendant>
55 Sorcerer on The Shadowlands

The FAMOUS Legacy

Meowzette
04.14.2012 , 05:55 PM | #375
Not sure if this is in anyway related to the ongong mystery but the SWTOR Community Manager has been tweeting since yesterday that something important will happen or be announced on Tatooine tomorrow (Sunday) morning before "mid-day". In an interview he said: “Make sure you are on the servers on sunday morning. Tatooine in particular.”

I'd love to hang out and wait on my server but I will be enroute from the Bay Area to Nevada. How I'd love a quick travel option for that.

Ackale
04.14.2012 , 06:01 PM | #376
subbed
Allied Tactical Forces
-=Requirments: 21+, Good Attitude, Willing to have fun=-

Meteox
04.14.2012 , 06:03 PM | #377
We have 2 jerky's now and running around with it trying to find the rigth spot. Anyone some guesses where to look?

Another liver! Now we have 3 jerky's

Weftyo
04.14.2012 , 06:04 PM | #378
maybe. sounds like a Krayt Dragon spawn server event.
-W

TinyBoa
04.14.2012 , 06:16 PM | #379
Quote: Originally Posted by PianoMatt View Post
There is also a Champion level "Enduring Tauntaun" that I have never seen before that I killed the other night.
I have been farming this Tauntaun and the blues/greens he seems to drop for weeks now, well before the 1.2 patch. I highly doubt he has anything to do with it, as he has been around for a long time.

jazzllanna
04.14.2012 , 06:23 PM | #380
Quote: Originally Posted by Meowzette View Post
Not sure if this is in anyway related to the ongong mystery but the SWTOR Community Manager has been tweeting since yesterday that something important will happen or be announced on Tatooine tomorrow (Sunday) morning before "mid-day". In an interview he said: “Make sure you are on the servers on sunday morning. Tatooine in particular.”

I'd love to hang out and wait on my server but I will be enroute from the Bay Area to Nevada. How I'd love a quick travel option for that.
Do you have a link or anything for this? I do not see anything talking aout being in tattooine tmr.
Wichita Gunslinger
The Harbinger
Spoiler