Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Tauntaun Hoth Mystery

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Jenemi
04.14.2012 , 06:12 AM | #291
Quote: Originally Posted by Symbolika View Post
What could we do with what the buff gaves? Well, Regen heal could be very usefull in the areas where we are coming close to the borders of map and loosing heal - we are than out of combat, and rather close to a place where a lost tautaun could be...a volontaire?
Definitely a possible theory :3 Reasons people are going near groups of dead Tauntauns or the dead mother Tauntaun with the buff is out of the whole "smell could attract a baby Tauntaun" thing. :3 But yeah, definitely all aspects should be looked at.
Vanity Pets Guide - I will ALWAYS respond to my PMs as long as I notice.
ịịмąяїℓεαịị♥ऄ██████████████████)

Symbolika
04.14.2012 , 06:17 AM | #292
<3 Somebody must try this!

Meteox
04.14.2012 , 06:21 AM | #293
Quote: Originally Posted by Symbolika View Post
What could we do with what the buff gaves? Well, Regen heal could be very usefull in the areas where we are coming close to the borders of map and loosing heal - we are than out of combat, and rather close to a place where a lost tautaun could be...a volontaire?
Thats sounds most reasonable, but were should we look?

Symbolika
04.14.2012 , 06:27 AM | #294
Hmmm I'm thinking 2 places to start with (anyone from EU/hssiss with the food could mp me in game? My avatar is Shou'Brown'Vatu, thanks!)....first around the borders of the Shipgraveyard, than...behind Aurek spaceport...so on.....

Good luck for those who can already check this!

Nullermand
04.14.2012 , 06:32 AM | #295
Sigh.. we rly need to figure this out soon

Im gonna try the buff and run those places later.

PianoMatt
04.14.2012 , 06:55 AM | #296
Hmm, not sure if it's been mentioned at all, but there's huge zoo on Correlia that all the animals broke out of and there are random animals all over the park district because of it. Does anyone remember seeing any that are small or any tauntauns there?
Gaytastic
<Ascendant>
60 Sorcerer on The Shadowlands

The FAMOUS Legacy

Jenemi
04.14.2012 , 07:13 AM | #297
Quote: Originally Posted by PianoMatt View Post
Hmm, not sure if it's been mentioned at all, but there's huge zoo on Correlia that all the animals broke out of and there are random animals all over the park district because of it. Does anyone remember seeing any that are small or any tauntauns there?
I don't remember seeing any Tauntauns or small ones there. However, considering a lot of the stuff came in 1.2 for pets (IE: The incubator and the nests), there's no reason some can't have been placed there in 1.2. But considering the patch notes clearly say you do get the pet on Hoth, it's unlikely.

donoftheslum
04.14.2012 , 07:28 AM | #298
Quote: Originally Posted by Jenemi View Post
But considering the patch notes clearly say you do get the pet on Hoth, it's unlikely.

See, Im torn on this. The Patch notes say there is a TaunTaun pet acquirable on Hoth.

Gargath, the world boss, now drops a TaunTaun pet. Isn't it possible that this is the pet alluded to in the patch notes?

Could the pet associated with the Jerky be elsewhere?

Jenemi
04.14.2012 , 07:39 AM | #299
Quote: Originally Posted by donoftheslum View Post
See, Im torn on this. The Patch notes say there is a TaunTaun pet acquirable on Hoth.

Gargath, the world boss, now drops a TaunTaun pet. Isn't it possible that this is the pet alluded to in the patch notes?

Could the pet associated with the Jerky be elsewhere?
It says Tauntaun Pets and it also says a special mission for it. If anything, the dropped one was more likely to be somewhere else than the one left.

Especially as the old thread said it required two planets for the special Hoth Mission Tauntaun (Thus the whole NVSCSS and people thinking it's Alderaan with the other being Hoth because it's specifically said). Two planets are not used to defeat Gargath so it can't be referencing that one at all.

I mean, maybe it could be Alderaan and Ilum (and people can definitely try!), but killing Gargath really doesn't seem to be through a special mission on Hoth as there's no progress to getting it to drop from Gargath--it's just killing him and hoping you get lucky.

donoftheslum
04.14.2012 , 07:44 AM | #300
Quote: Originally Posted by Jenemi View Post
It says Tauntaun Pets and it also says a special mission for it.
Can you direct me to where it says 'special mission'? I read through the old post, but I can't find reference to it.