Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

No free respec for Combat Medics???

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Commando / Mercenary
No free respec for Combat Medics???
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

TallonAybara
04.13.2012 , 09:22 AM | #21
I"m totally floored here, I just don't get it.

Did you guys JUST respec? If you havn't then you STILL have a free one for the week. If you did, well guess what, you get one in a few days.

As someone who's only used the respec once a week and never paid for one, can someone enlighten me on how many credits the second respec for the week is? I'm guessing its a stupid low number.

You people will find anything to complain about. If your this upset about something so peetty and trivial, you need to find a different genre of game, maybe farmville.

RedWolfs
04.13.2012 , 09:33 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by APeckenpaugh View Post
Free respecs are only given when the structure of the skill tree changes, such that if you were to log in and NOT receive a free respec, your character would be broken.

For example, if you used to have 3/3 in a skill box, and we changed that skill so that it now required another skill that you didn't have, or we changed it so that it only had 2 points and you now had 3/2, you'd have a broken character. And that would be bad.

We don't give out free respecs based on an arbitrary judgement call as to how many changes were made; we give them out so your characters will continue to work. Hope that makes sense.
How is it the changes to combat medic do not equal a broken character? Seriously did you not read the feedback on these changes, did you not suspect some of us would want something different after this rectal insertion?

What this amounts to is punishing troopers and bounty hunters, they are the only classes that has to pay to get a respec with the NGE 1.2. Could you guys have mangled a release any more, it is broken, unfinished, and miss patched in a very bad way. The player base was ignored in these changes, the patch was rushed and it shows. Might be time to hire some professionals over at Bioware, instead of the amateur hour. The game is charging professional rate subscriptions after all.

Dast
04.13.2012 , 09:35 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by TallonAybara View Post
I"m totally floored here, I just don't get it.

Did you guys JUST respec? If you havn't then you STILL have a free one for the week. If you did, well guess what, you get one in a few days.

As someone who's only used the respec once a week and never paid for one, can someone enlighten me on how many credits the second respec for the week is? I'm guessing its a stupid low number.

You people will find anything to complain about. If your this upset about something so peetty and trivial, you need to find a different genre of game, maybe farmville.
They completely GUT the Combat Medic and you say its trivial and petty? I want some of what your smoking.
Welcome to the April Fools Patch 1.2.
RIP Combat Medic.
4/11/2012

jed-eye
04.13.2012 , 09:38 AM | #24
If I remember correctly from over a month ago it was free, 800-ish, then something around 2k, ~5k, ~12kish. Completely guessing. I respeced 5-6 times and it eventually got to +20k.

I only respecced that much one week cause 1 night guild needed dps, next a healer, next dps, next healer, etc.
Duct tape is like the Force, it has a Light side and a Dark side and it binds the universe together.

Solthar
04.13.2012 , 10:01 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by APeckenpaugh View Post
Free respecs are only given when the structure of the skill tree changes, such that if you were to log in and NOT receive a free respec, your character would be broken.

For example, if you used to have 3/3 in a skill box, and we changed that skill so that it now required another skill that you didn't have, or we changed it so that it only had 2 points and you now had 3/2, you'd have a broken character. And that would be bad.

We don't give out free respecs based on an arbitrary judgement call as to how many changes were made; we give them out so your characters will continue to work. Hope that makes sense.
Problem is that Combat Medics / Bodyguards don't work anymore.

RuQu
04.13.2012 , 11:19 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Solthar View Post
Problem is that Combat Medics / Bodyguards don't work anymore.
But would a respec fix that?
Brushing off the dust on my Assault Cannon. Time to get back in the fight.

Tipkaee
04.13.2012 , 11:28 AM | #27
How can some people claim that a respec isn't necessary. If my spec changes depending on the nerfs/buffs that went into talents in a patch, that requires me to respec my talents. Some talents that I used before are no longer worth the talent points or in some cases i might value a talent more relative to the other options. That is restructuring the talent tree. Is 98K alot to pay? no. Is it annoying? Yes

Arzoo
04.13.2012 , 11:48 AM | #28
Yeah I don't understand. They say swapping a 5 point talent to a 3 point talent and not giving a respec is unfair...

But they swapped change a few talents in the combat medic tree to (effectively) 0 point talents. How can they possibly think that people aren't going to want to spec out of stuff like trauma probe or kolto residue?

oaceen
04.13.2012 , 01:33 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Tipkaee View Post
How can some people claim that a respec isn't necessary. If my spec changes depending on the nerfs/buffs that went into talents in a patch, that requires me to respec my talents. Some talents that I used before are no longer worth the talent points or in some cases i might value a talent more relative to the other options. That is restructuring the talent tree. Is 98K alot to pay? no. Is it annoying? Yes
you've used all of your respecs for the week in two days?

seriously?

RedWolfs
04.13.2012 , 02:01 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by oaceen View Post
you've used all of your respecs for the week in two days?

seriously?
In trying new builds, since they borked my old build, yes. Thats just trying to salvage my time on that character and still have fun with the game. Fun after all is the point, and the fun factor of combat medic just had the gas taken out of it.