Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

No free respec for Combat Medics???

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Commando / Mercenary
No free respec for Combat Medics???
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Keta
04.25.2012 , 10:04 AM | #91
Quote: Originally Posted by RuQu View Post
Apparently the system is fully automated, and something about the Shadow changes tripped one of the triggers.
There were no changes to the shadow jedi advanced class. There were changes to sages but not shadows. As I said, over on the PTS we were the only class that didn't respec. Now somehow they get a respec when 1.2 went live but Combat medics didn't? Regardless of why shadows got a respec that discongruity is a bit boggling. Be that as it may I still think medics deserved a respec. And I don't play one (Vanguard). Not that my opinion on the topic matters to BW though. :P

Elfindreams
04.25.2012 , 11:16 AM | #92
Quote: Originally Posted by APeckenpaugh View Post
This, to put it nicely, a kind of self-centred suggestion. That said, it's an easy conclusion to come to when you're the well-informed, knowledge-gathering, systems-minded forum-going type of player. But, believe it or not, that's the minority of any gaming audience. I know it's hard to believe when you look around and all you see is similar knowledge-gathering and knowledge-sharing forum-goers, but that's still the minority.

Most players have their accessibility and understanding of the game damaged when they get a free respec. For most players, this is a jarring and unwelcome experience. We don't want to have to give out respecs at all, which is why it is only limited to when it's technically essential to making your character not break. I know that's not the answer you want to hear, but it's still the answer.
I would like to take the opportunity to both agree and disagree with this post.

On the first hand, I went away for a month or two (during which patch 1.2 happened ) and when I came back it was very disorienting to have to respec my characters as all of my mappings got cleared and I couldn't remember what I had where and why I had what where. Now for me that only affected two alts, but I can see it being even more disconcerting with more than two.

On the other hand, free respec doesn't necessarily mean automatic respec. It shouldn't be too complex to add something to the respec NPC that means the first respec after a change like this is free.
The Jade Legacy Ebon Hawk
[Nova Imperium] [The Crescent Order]