Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

to many qq messed up the game

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
to many qq messed up the game

Keta
04.12.2012 , 12:22 PM | #11
There is just so much wrong with the OP that its almost amusing.

Go read the patch notes, then head over to the PTS forum and read the rather lengthy threads on healer nerfs to all classes. You can follow that up by playing the game for a bit and seeing just how it affects you and whether you need to change your playing style. The you can come back here and make another illegible thread about omgsorcsrnotthegodsiwantthem2b.

Or just continue on in your ignorance.

GalacticKegger
04.12.2012 , 12:30 PM | #12
The only qqing that's had a negative impact on this game was during early access when a rather loud and flagrant mob ranted about login queues. So Bioware placated them and added 6 dozen servers at launch - which started whatever server population issues we have now. Here's guessing that Bioware learned from that experience, and that we won't see them appeasing rabid qqers so quickly in the future. At least I hope not.
If you once enjoyed the game but no longer do because of changes that were made, then you owe it to the game, yourself and others in your same situation to be not just heard but acknowledged and fully understood.

Galactic Command is like VX nerve gas. It never should have happened. #RemoveRNG

Datamonger
04.12.2012 , 12:32 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by GalacticKegger View Post
and that we won't see them appeasing rabid qqers so quickly in the future. At least I hope not.
Too late.

GalacticKegger
04.12.2012 , 12:34 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Datamonger View Post
Too late.
How so?
If you once enjoyed the game but no longer do because of changes that were made, then you owe it to the game, yourself and others in your same situation to be not just heard but acknowledged and fully understood.

Galactic Command is like VX nerve gas. It never should have happened. #RemoveRNG

Actualism
04.12.2012 , 02:31 PM | #15
*cough* Let's review the facts.
Consular/Inquisitor and Trooper/Bounty Hunter healers received a pretty darned harsh smack with the nerf-hammer. Sure, both needed it. Sure, Sage healing was not only ridiculously high, but coupled with the arsenal of control skills (CC, stun, slow, interrupt, push, sprint) and the never ending force regeneration, a -good- Sage could heal through 3 people beating it just fine. And trooper's single target healing was outrageous. Maybe a 3 GCD journey from 1% to 100% HP and unkillable unless you had several determined DPSers who knew their way around interrupts.
Scoundrel, which was in many ways a "useless" healer, has received a well deserved buff.

Sure, I don't feel okay with... well, any of the changes done to Sage Seer. Sure, I do feel like they crippled my ability to be an effective healer in both PvE and PvP, even helpful. Sure, I feel helpless when it comes to my Force regeneration. And sure, I do wish BioWare-EA nerfed our heal-percentages and Noble Sacrifice rather than leave me stranded with a character that feels as successful as a retard in a wheelchair would be in a running contest.

But at least I realize the reasons for it, as I realize the reasons for Trooper/Bounty Hunter being nerfed and Scoundrel being buffed. Perhaps you should read through the patch notes again and find peace with your fate, and join in the prayer that BioWare-EA realizes the error of their ways, and make healing a fun and viable role to pick again. Somehow.
"There is nothing worse than aggressive stupidity."

Elkirin
04.12.2012 , 05:45 PM | #16
I am willing to believe the Mantra that they felt compelled to,

"bring healers down to correct performance targets".

For those healers who now feel their classes are no longer fun to play;

Please take a good look at the game, decide if you wish to unsubscribe, reroll or continue playing.

We all have drama creation options such as withdrawing healing characters from PvP, PvE Group content.

BUT, be careful with your choices....

After the drama settled, even if they reversed all healing nerfs, the game would likely be dead.

Berrian
04.13.2012 , 05:59 AM | #17
As a Scrapper Smuggler since prelaunch, these nerf whining threads give me the warm fuzzies. Take that!!!!!!
"Where's my ship?"

Sjofel
04.13.2012 , 08:21 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaonis View Post
There's a severe difference between someone making a typo or a slight error here or there, and someone who has a mess of errors and shows a complete lack of communicative skills.
What if the guy is from a country they dont have to learn english? How well do you speak all languages, it is one thing to disagree with a person, but to complain about his massive errors in a language that probably isnt close to his native...just make you look the stupid one, not him..

AdmiralOnasi
04.13.2012 , 08:48 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Berrian View Post
As a Scrapper Smuggler since prelaunch, these nerf whining threads give me the warm fuzzies. Take that!!!!!!
It really makes me chuckle to see other players up in arms about their class getting nerfed for the first time... when we've been nerfed, what, like 5 times now?

Skotal
04.13.2012 , 08:55 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Sjofel View Post
What if the guy is from a country they dont have to learn english? How well do you speak all languages, it is one thing to disagree with a person, but to complain about his massive errors in a language that probably isnt close to his native...just make you look the stupid one, not him..
yes, it was very rude of him to assume that people on the english forums use english correctly.
"Bad bad men. Women too, to be fair. Oh, yes. They make a fine sandwich, also, heh, heh, heh. But don't tell the Jedi Council I said that." -Jolee Bindo on the Sith

I joined the Sith for the sandwiches