Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Inheritance Construction Kits items level up with character?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Inheritance Construction Kits items level up with character?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

CitizenSith
04.12.2012 , 03:24 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Hands-Solo View Post
So I would like to hear from the Bioware Team if these items are supposed to level with the character or not. If so do you have to level 1 time and do you have to use the item for the entire level to set the stats on the Item? Please Help. I just hit 45 last night on my alt so it will be a while before I hit 46.
They do not level with you. They are essentially a temporary assist in leveling.
EGA: Tuesday, 13DEC11 <- I was there! Shadowlands Server: Horror Legacy
Sith Empire: Cthuhlu (DS SI), Hastur (DS SW), Gentleman (LS SW), Palpatyne (DS SI), Imperial (IA), Gorynych (LS SI)
Republic: Simulacrum (LS Tr), Akumashibaru (LS JK)

douglaslain
04.12.2012 , 03:29 PM | #22
If I have a Republic Character that received this, how do I mail it to an Imperial alt? There's no cross faction mail right?

Solgath
04.12.2012 , 03:43 PM | #23
there is, u can send any item so long as it is unbound to any char within ur legacy, eg cash, materials and so on

Pernvandamme
04.12.2012 , 06:23 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Sandriell View Post
So you are mad at Bioware for not implementing the feature you made up in your head?
It's how they work in other games so it's not that far a leap of logic to think they would be.

Fizbanic
04.12.2012 , 06:40 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
Hey everyone, just a clarification - when you receive your Inheritance Construction Kit, you should mail it to the character in your Legacy that you'd like to give the weapon to. The in-game mail that accompanies the Construction Kit contains instructions. The character you mail it to can then redeem the Kit on Dromund Kaas or Coruscant to receive the item! You should not redeem the Kit on your main character, as you'll receive an item for that character's class.
Yes thanks, but first, the item is useless on any character you decide to send the kit to considering that with the Orange mainhand we get will at least be modable to level with us.

Although only a few will be something like me where my lowest character is level 17 I sent one kit to him and he went and checked out the legendary item and it was not even close. So the weapon you get at 14 you out grow by 17. Making it a waste of time to bother having to visit the mailbox.

Also for my Operative (as I commented in another post) between Backstab, shiv and laceration, I will use 4-5 times between all 3 before I need to use overload shot due to CD's and makes the legendary item useless as I rely as you see on my blade and not my gun.

Edit:
Don't get me wrong, so far I am enjoying everything else that legendary has to offer, just pointing out a flaw that I and I imagine others are seeing here.
ThyBountyHunter Mercenary Bounty Hunter
Conclave Atrum Empire Guild | Conclave Lumen Republic Guild

MikeCSS
04.12.2012 , 09:44 PM | #26
I have to say that I was confused by this too - expecting same mechanic as heirloom items in WOW - which frankly is what I think many folks have been assuming. Per other comments I got a level 14 blaster which really is not that great - so I guess the point is that reaction was overall "meh" with how they work, I did expect an item which would level up with character simply because that is how it worked elsewhere and there was not a very clear explanation of design intent.
Still having fun though - just more sizzle than steak on this one
Sorkas Vargen - Powertech Bounty Hunter - Ebon Hawk

Rasticles
04.12.2012 , 10:24 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
Hey everyone, just a clarification - when you receive your Inheritance Construction Kit, you should mail it to the character in your Legacy that you'd like to give the weapon to. The in-game mail that accompanies the Construction Kit contains instructions. The character you mail it to can then redeem the Kit on Dromund Kaas or Coruscant to receive the item! You should not redeem the Kit on your main character, as you'll receive an item for that character's class.
Your post does not address the issue: the item is useless. Why were so many resources spent on this Bind on Legacy stuff, only to get a level 14 Lightsaber, non moddable, basically a high powered green item.......

Torrec
04.12.2012 , 10:38 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Rasticles View Post
Your post does not address the issue: the item is useless. Why were so many resources spent on this Bind on Legacy stuff, only to get a level 14 Lightsaber, non moddable, basically a high powered green item.......

Agreed. Just picked up one piece of Inheritance gear (chespiece) to see what it's like. Basically I spent 8 days worth of daily commendations for a piece of gear I'll replace in 2 hours.

Not sure why you bothered to make this sort of gear. Absolutely worthless.

CKizzlestick
04.13.2012 , 12:08 AM | #29
Guys, its not meant as a reward, its just introducing the idea of interlegacy trade. I actually liked it cause it let me try it out instead of just reading it as a tooltip.

Akella
04.13.2012 , 12:19 AM | #30
I think it's supposed to be more story oriented than actually being useful. An elder of the Legacy passing something down or a gift to the newest member of the legacy.
Never argue with a fool, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.