Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

A Republic Officer Uniform?

Gyat
04.12.2012 , 10:40 AM | #1
I've basically been searching for one since I created my trooper for ceremonies and other formal occasions. Sadly I cann't seem to find one, anyone know if there is a uniform or something that looks like the outfit you see Republic Officers, General Garza, wearing?
The Temple Defenders
Ebon Hawk
Cpt. Kael Ullan Aureav "Commander Korvik" C.O. of Temple

ClydeBaneheart
04.13.2012 , 09:23 AM | #2
The only one I know of is off the collectors edition vendor. It's blue instead of that beige-gray.

Freyrr
04.13.2012 , 12:05 PM | #3
Without the CE vendor about the closest you can get that I've seen is the Pilots uniform, the cheap one looks a bit like an actual uniform. This is one of many things that they seem to have forgotten with the social outfits. They really need to update the clothing one of these days...
Jade Company
Tyrr Voidbringer 50 Vanguard-The Legendary Captian Hiemdall Voidbringer 50 Gunslinger]Jormy 50 Sentina

quixx
04.13.2012 , 03:51 PM | #4
I really hope they're working on developing more outfits like this for roleplayers. It would be really great to see for both factions.
-Remmi
Vrook Lamar
The Vigil - Guild Forum

braton
04.13.2012 , 03:52 PM | #5
First thread which Wanted the republic officer uniform

CosmicKat
04.13.2012 , 05:07 PM | #6
I find it rather remarkable that, in 2012, companies put out mmorpg's with such limited appearance options. Not singling out Bioware, most of the publishers are just as lazy.

If City of Heroes (nearly a decade old now) can give us billions of combinations without sacrificing performance, why can't everyone?

Guildrum
04.13.2012 , 05:53 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post
I find it rather remarkable that, in 2012, companies put out mmorpg's with such limited appearance options. Not singling out Bioware, most of the publishers are just as lazy.

If City of Heroes (nearly a decade old now) can give us billions of combinations without sacrificing performance, why can't everyone?
Because City of Heroes' customization was a major focal point of the game, it'd kill the whole superhero thing if you looked anything like someone else. Not so in Star Wars. That said, there is a Republic Officer's uniform, but only for CE owners... Real shame.
The Shaffer Legacy: Begeren Colony

Shaffer Lazy-eye Horace Sleth
Journalist, Pirate Bodyguard Sith

Gyat
04.14.2012 , 11:43 AM | #8
Well that's disheartening , I was kinda hoping that they made the uniforms, but made the CE one look different (thus the blue). But dang, no formal military uniform for the Republic or the Empire (although the Imp Agent in the char creation is wearing one). Not gonna go into the streets with a torch and pitch fork, but I'd definatley love to see a formal uniform get added to the game at some point, along with perhaps a /standatattention, /pace, /push-up emote :P.
The Temple Defenders
Ebon Hawk
Cpt. Kael Ullan Aureav "Commander Korvik" C.O. of Temple

CosmicKat
04.14.2012 , 02:52 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Guildrum View Post
Because City of Heroes' customization was a major focal point of the game, it'd kill the whole superhero thing if you looked anything like someone else. Not so in Star Wars. That said, there is a Republic Officer's uniform, but only for CE owners... Real shame.
I'm not saying I expect the same degree of customization, but the variety we do have is minimal. I can live with the generic bodytypes, and the facial options are varied enough but the armor/clothing needs a lot of work. Jedi armor in particular is painfully generic across all three armor classes.

The artwork itself is very good, it's the variety that needs work.

TheGreatNeechi
04.15.2012 , 08:55 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Gyat View Post
Well that's disheartening , I was kinda hoping that they made the uniforms, but made the CE one look different (thus the blue). But dang, no formal military uniform for the Republic or the Empire (although the Imp Agent in the char creation is wearing one). Not gonna go into the streets with a torch and pitch fork, but I'd definatley love to see a formal uniform get added to the game at some point, along with perhaps a /standatattention, /pace, /push-up emote :P.
Imperials get a uniform. They come in gray with pips, gray with pips and a braid, gray with red trim and a braid, and dress white diplomatic service with gold trim.

Most uniforms in the game follow the Imperial design. Not sure why. I'd think the Republic would have its own.
Azhal of the A'qell Legacy
Kath Hound role-player
The Proxima Initiative