Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

anybody learned an orange schematic through RE yet?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
anybody learned an orange schematic through RE yet?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Scramilton
04.12.2012 , 01:40 PM | #21
1 Durasteel from a Columi piece. Are you freaking kidding me?

sensiblepoast
04.12.2012 , 01:44 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Regault View Post
Basically Zoeller misrepresented the whole thing. When he said "reverse engineer anything to get an orange" he actually meant "Reverse engineer any of the hideous new 1.2 campaign armors to get an orange, not even the black hole armors that use the exact same skin can be RE'd."

Frustrating I know. Was looking forward to getting my trooper in an orange version of the heavy chestguard from low levels.
What the feck???

Last nail in the coffin.

GnatB
04.12.2012 , 02:15 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Jello-Shots View Post
weren't we promised the ability to RE into orange for the purpose of fully customizable appearance?
Yes/no/sortof.

The actual quote said modifiable items. Later statements made it clear that they meant *new* modifiable items. (i.e. stuff from the new ops/flashpoints). They never actually *said* orange stuff. But most would (correctly, IMO) assume that modifiable stuff included the orange.

So yeah, initial statement was misleading, but was "corrected" in subsequent posts quite some time ago.

MarekLonefeather
04.12.2012 , 02:26 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
Hello everyone - if you can obtain a schematic through reverse engineering, you'll see a tooltip that indicates that research is available. If you see "No Research Available" on the tooltip, reverse engineering that item won't grant a schematic. Hope this clears things up a little!
No. This does not clear anything up because it doesn't even address the OP's question. The OP's question relates solely to obtaining custom (orange) schematics.

Shortly after game launch, Bioware was addressing itemization and the issue of why Bioware decided not to include a color match system in the launch version of the game. Bioware stated there was no need for it because there was already a custom (orange) item in the game to match every premium (green) item. I can only speak for myself and my experience is that this was a misrepresentation. There are four items I've been trying to find custom versions of since game launch and so far I've had no luck. These items don't even show up in item databases on Torhead or other data mining websites, so I'm convinced they are not in the game.

Then during the guild summit, Bioware indicated that with 1.2, many, if not most, items in the game would yield a custom schematic from reverse engineering. I stuck around because of this. Apparently, from the patch notes, this is also turning out to be a misrepresentation.

Bioware, when we find a piece of gear that we like the look of, no matter how low level that piece of gear is, we want to be able to keep that look and not have to discard it a couple levels later after out leveling it. We want to be able to obtain a custom version of that item
without having to search high and low for it when we don't even know for sure whether it exists in the game or not. Therefore, we want to be able to obtain the custom skin from reverse engineering the non-custom item. What part of this don't you understand?

GeorgZoeller
04.12.2012 , 02:30 PM | #25 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by SlimsPicken View Post
thanks! that sucks.

people wanted variety. I have been saving up tons of world drops I intended to RE (TH corpsmans set for BH- the only good looking gear)

guess that aint happening.
We have added a number of orange appearance schematics to the system through mission discoveries.

Spatology
04.12.2012 , 02:31 PM | #26
I am armor mech. I have RE'd MANY items at this point. Green, Orange, Purple, Blue. None have equated into a new schematic for me. I just RE'd over 40 orange custom items, 30 greens, 3 blues i got in daily quest.....1 columi spare....nothing....

I personally think RE is broken atm. I was also under the impression that REing would result in new schematics more often....

tldr; i am also disappoint

Stryges
04.12.2012 , 02:59 PM | #27
I am SERIOUSLY disappointed. I have actually followed the crafting changes on the patch, and I thought that we would have a chance to learn orange schematics (as an armstech, I was very excited about this).

I wasted my favorite pistol model I had kept in my bank thanks to this idiocy. Top notch work Bioware.
"I know some people want death to be super punishing, but short of creating a meta game where you strip your character naked and taser yourself when you die, this game won't provide a punishing death experience for you." - GZ

ElitehunterDS
04.12.2012 , 03:07 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Ojas View Post
Um...

There is not a "Research is available" or a "No Research Available" tooltip.
exactly this, very disappointed
Retiring from SWTOR August 2013

Sev'ra Level 55 Sith Assassin {Deception spec}
Tempest (Prophecy of the Five)

tloops
04.12.2012 , 03:07 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Mevan View Post
Just give us a damned appearance tab Bioware! It would solve all this hassle and actually let us play OUR story the way WE want, as you kept promising pre-launch. I want to wear the Jedi Knight gear you get towards the end of Tython, but can't. Why? Because you guys have decided you won't let me do that. Appearance tab is the best and easiest solution that most other MMO's use, why try to be different when the current idea works fine?
isnt there an appearanc tab if ya ctrl+right click? i know it lets ya see what ya look like in armor befor you equip it
TOR...the best single player game on the market

Almghty_gir
04.12.2012 , 03:17 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
Hello everyone - if you can obtain a schematic through reverse engineering, you'll see a tooltip that indicates that research is available. If you see "No Research Available" on the tooltip, reverse engineering that item won't grant a schematic. Hope this clears things up a little!
and what about all of the items which have neither message?
Bruglir Fellblade - Dark Jedi.
Guild leader - Vulgar Display of Power
Tomb of Freedon Nadd