Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

anybody learned an orange schematic through RE yet?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
anybody learned an orange schematic through RE yet?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Maatogaeoth
04.12.2012 , 12:33 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by JarenWelen View Post
Where exactly is this tooltip? I've been unable to find one when starting the RE process...
I wonder this also. I was just seeing the standard "Armormech (XXX)" come up when I clicked the RE button. Nothing showed if a schematic was available or not.

Viro_DeFellos
04.12.2012 , 12:36 PM | #12
Exactly I can't find this tooltip either

Teykos
04.12.2012 , 12:38 PM | #13
If you make an item that has it (Green/Blue/some purples) and try reverse engineering, a rate should show up for you (20% or 0). It shouldn't be there on the random drops or oranges.

Miyar
04.12.2012 , 12:56 PM | #14
There were several tooltips this morning that did not contain anything additional. No "No Research Available" - just no new text at all.

One of my crafted items contained the tooltip saying there was a 10% chance, but most of the items I could RE had nothing.

Scramilton
04.12.2012 , 01:04 PM | #15
This was a huge failure of communication. The vast majority of people though you'd be able to RE any orange item that you come across to learn the schematic. What a joke this turned out to be. Hopefully this will be improved in the future.

Ojas
04.12.2012 , 01:06 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
Hello everyone - if you can obtain a schematic through reverse engineering, you'll see a tooltip that indicates that research is available. If you see "No Research Available" on the tooltip, reverse engineering that item won't grant a schematic. Hope this clears things up a little!

Um...

There is not a "Research is available" or a "No Research Available" tooltip.

Teykos
04.12.2012 , 01:09 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Ojas View Post
Um...

There is not a "Research is available" or a "No Research Available" tooltip.
That means the item didn't have any schematics in the first place. The No Research Available pops up when it had schematics and you've learned all of them.

Ojas
04.12.2012 , 01:16 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Teykos View Post
That means the item didn't have any schematics in the first place. The No Research Available pops up when it had schematics and you've learned all of them.
Then that mod needs to edit her post because it's misleading.

Mevan
04.12.2012 , 01:28 PM | #19
Just give us a damned appearance tab Bioware! It would solve all this hassle and actually let us play OUR story the way WE want, as you kept promising pre-launch. I want to wear the Jedi Knight gear you get towards the end of Tython, but can't. Why? Because you guys have decided you won't let me do that. Appearance tab is the best and easiest solution that most other MMO's use, why try to be different when the current idea works fine?

Jello-Shots
04.12.2012 , 01:29 PM | #20
weren't we promised the ability to RE into orange for the purpose of fully customizable appearance?