Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Explosive Conflict 16 Hard killed by Millenium - 4/4

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Explosive Conflict 16 Hard killed by Millenium - 4/4

Crawfishies's Avatar


Crawfishies
04.12.2012 , 11:17 AM | #21
All I need to know is this:

Are there any major "Buggsssss",
that's what most people are worried about.

PRXLegend's Avatar


PRXLegend
04.12.2012 , 11:20 AM | #22
They were actually really good during PTS testing to fix most of the bugs. I know when we first stepped into Denova Zorn/Toth were crazy op'd and buggy. We reported the problems and they fixed bugs, went pretty well.

Typeslice's Avatar


Typeslice
04.12.2012 , 11:32 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by sbutehorn View Post
That really doesn't matter. There should be a level of upgrading gear and improving your toons before you can simply clear the HM of the new OP. This shows that the OP is too simple. The new gear will be cosmetic only because it is not necessary to move forward in the game.

Even the best guilds should be banging their heads against the wall until enough people have significantly improved gear to move forward. Otherwise what is the point?
So let's get this straight - the OP's guild spent the time to get fully Rakatta geared in order to be ready for new content. Now they will get fully Campaign geared to be ready for newer content. How is that purely cosmetic and not the definition of gear progression.

Should new gear make new content easier? Of course, but NEEDING new gear to beat new content is a self-defeating idea. Your argument lacks logic.

I swear, some of you guys argue just for the sake of arguing.

P.S. when will YOU clear the new content?
Xaph'an / A'baddon - GM of Undercon
The Shadowlands
http://undercon.guildlaunch.com

Typeslice's Avatar


Typeslice
04.12.2012 , 11:47 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Typeslice View Post
So let's get this straight - the OP's guild spent the time to get fully Rakatta geared in order to be ready for new content. Now they will get fully Campaign geared to be ready for newer content. How is that purely cosmetic and not the definition of gear progression.

Should new gear make new content easier? Of course, but NEEDING new gear to beat new content is a self-defeating idea. Your argument lacks logic.

I swear, some of you guys argue just for the sake of arguing.

P.S. when will YOU clear the new content?
Additionally, I much prefer when progression roadblocks are due to mechanics and coordination than gear checks. It's already been stated that it took a top tier guild 50+ hours to clear this medium-tier difficulty content on PTS.
Xaph'an / A'baddon - GM of Undercon
The Shadowlands
http://undercon.guildlaunch.com

cshouston's Avatar


cshouston
04.12.2012 , 12:06 PM | #25
Yeah, the content is not simple by any stretch of the imagination. It's just troubling that it was done so quickly, once again. Hopefully, they will rectify that with the forthcoming Nightmare mode.

I do want to state for the record though that I was in no way trying to diminish Millenium's accomplishment with my original post.
* World 3rd Tier Ⅰ Nightmare 16m * World 1st Tier Ⅱ Hard 8m *

oredith's Avatar


oredith
04.12.2012 , 12:14 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Goloan View Post
Well, grats on the kill.

Poor BW, you bring new content and few hours after release its cleared, dont the BW devs think this is just to easy ?
Where was the good old days, where you had to work for 3-4 month to clear an "expansion".
This difficulty of the games this days gets me bored more and more....
patch 1.3 - healers will now only be able to heal via stims

clearly the content was not hard enough due to the lack of healing nerfs. metrics realignment!
(╯□)╯┻━┻
flipp'n yo desk, like a bauss
Tankie

Kaonis's Avatar


Kaonis
04.12.2012 , 12:26 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by cshouston View Post
Congratulations Millenium!

The speed at which all this content gets cleared really kind of saps the fun out of the race though. Or is it just me? It basically comes down to who can log on the fastest.
Gotta remember people were on the test servers, so no one (with any sense at least) would be going in blind to these ops. Let alone some people already have cleared them on the test servers when it "doesn't count".

Now when people start clearing it this fast while learning the strategies/mechanics, that's when you should be afraid.

cshouston's Avatar


cshouston
04.12.2012 , 12:30 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaonis View Post
Gotta remember people were on the test servers, so no one (with any sense at least) would be going in blind to these ops. Let alone some people already have cleared them on the test servers when it "doesn't count".

Now when people start clearing it this fast while learning the strategies/mechanics, that's when you should be afraid.
Well, that's kind of the problem. We cleared it rather quickly on the PTS while going in blind. Granted we didn't have 16 transfers, so we were clearing it on 8 man, but I also recall a dev stating that 16 man content is intended to be easier than 8 man. *shrug* Granted, raid content that I've consumed in previous games has been quite a bit more complex and further complicated by the 40man/25man aspect.
* World 3rd Tier Ⅰ Nightmare 16m * World 1st Tier Ⅱ Hard 8m *

lollermittens's Avatar


lollermittens
04.12.2012 , 12:32 PM | #29
Most guilds who are still alive and have been raiding for at least two months 16-man HM EV/KP should have all of their core members geared in Full Rakata.

BW's approach to raiding is to cater to casuals. They've removed the barrier to entry to raids for most guilds but haven't replaced that barrier with any other kind of mechanic or artificial hurdle to increase the longevity of the content.

This means that in a few weeks most guilds will have this instance on farm mode. And unless changes have been applied to NM mode to drop a new set of gear with substantial stat increases from HM (I don't care about change to the color palette of end-game raiding gear as a reward), there is still no reason to run NM mode unless you want a better challenge.

PRXLegend's Avatar


PRXLegend
04.12.2012 , 01:07 PM | #30
Now that you guys have it cleared should do a video walk through so everyone can have an idea of what the entire ops looks like. Hopefully it isn't just a copy/paste of the other OPS.