Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Armorings broken?

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Iciet
04.12.2012 , 08:30 AM | #1
In the patch notes, it states:

Players can now remove Armoring modifications from items with set bonuses and transfer those set bonuses to Custom (orange) items. These modifications can only be transferred to an item that is equipped in the same slot.

I've tried this multiple times with different levels of gear and nothing has happened aside from the armoring itself being applied. Can I get some clarification on this?

ferroz
04.12.2012 , 08:33 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Iciet View Post

Players can now remove Armoring modifications from items with set bonuses and transfer those set bonuses to Custom (orange) items. These modifications can only be transferred to an item that is equipped in the same slot.

I've tried this multiple times with different levels of gear and nothing has happened aside from the armoring itself being applied. Can I get some clarification on this?
they said a while back that the set bonus for the current gear (tionese, columi, rakata, champion, cneturion, battlemaster) will remain attached to the shell. you'll only be able to move the set bonus of the new end game gear.

Devlonir
04.12.2012 , 08:33 AM | #3
Bad choice of words, the armoring themselves need to have the set bonuses and not the items they remove them from.

Seeing how pre-1.2 endgame gear had the set bonuses applied to the item and not the armoring, you cannot move the set bonuses along with the armoring from these items.

They explained this perfectly in a blog post and it is a shame they did not also made it more clear in their patch notes. If they just put the first 'with set bonuses' after armoring and made it 'Armorings with set bonuses' instead of 'Armoring from items with set bonuses', it would have been a lot clearer. A mistake on Bioware's part for sure.
"Cows go 'Moo', Dogs go 'Woof', MMO Players go 'The PVP is unbalanced!" - Yahthzee
"I'm starting to get the feeling that BW and their MMO are not the dysfunctional ones." - Rafaman

AllisonBerryman
04.12.2012 , 08:34 AM | #4 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Thanks for the post about this - we'll get that note updated so that it's more clear!

pangwl
04.12.2012 , 08:38 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
Thanks for the post about this - we'll get that note updated so that it's more clear!
Also, all surge ratings is missing from the new Battlemaster gear? Please check Battlemaster Stalker's series.
Arradan | Jedi Sentinel | Republic Centurion

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
04.12.2012 , 09:27 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Iciet View Post

States many times by the devs, this only applies to Campaign and War Hero gear. None of the old gear has the set bonus attached to armoring (although the armoring mod can now be removed on the old sets, the set bonus does not move with it).

KeyboardNinja
04.12.2012 , 09:55 AM | #7
Given that this was a major (and very hyped) feature of 1.2, the fact that it doesn't work for pre-Campaign PvE gear is a significant issue. I know it's not a bug, but frankly I don't care. The patch notes and all of the communication from BioWare was quite deceptive on this issue. (note that even the revised patch notes don't make this very clear) The fact that people actually had to move mods over into orange sets (at significant in-game cost) to discover that this isn't working is shameful. At the very least, these people deserve an in-game refund of those credit costs. The better solution would be to just change the pre-1.2 armorings so that they actually carry the set bonus as promised.

This change needs to be communicated very clearly to everyone involved, as it nearly amounts to a bait-and-switch on the 1.2 feature set.
Computer Programmer. Theory Crafter. Dilettante on The Ebon Hawk.
Tam (shadow tank) Tov-ren (commando healer) Aveo (retired sentinel) Nimri (ruffian scoundrel)
Averith (marksman sniper) Alish (lightning sorcerer) Aresham (vengeance jugg) Effek (pyro pt)

Joefjr
04.12.2012 , 10:01 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by KeyboardNinja View Post
Given that this was a major (and very hyped) feature of 1.2, the fact that it doesn't work for pre-Campaign PvE gear is a significant issue. I know it's not a bug, but frankly I don't care. The patch notes and all of the communication from BioWare was quite deceptive on this issue. (note that even the revised patch notes don't make this very clear) The fact that people actually had to move mods over into orange sets (at significant in-game cost) to discover that this isn't working is shameful. At the very least, these people deserve an in-game refund of those credit costs. The better solution would be to just change the pre-1.2 armorings so that they actually carry the set bonus as promised.

This change needs to be communicated very clearly to everyone involved, as it nearly amounts to a bait-and-switch on the 1.2 feature set.
It was said over and over again before the patch came out. Also the fact that the armoring were just armoring and nothing special listed on their tooltip is also a hint.
"If you rolled an operative to pick a stealth class, you picked the wrong one." - GeoLager

btsager
04.12.2012 , 10:04 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by KeyboardNinja View Post

It is working as intended. There is nothing to fix.

Also just so you are clear, If you buy some bind on pickup equipment and then later realize that you cannot use it because it is for a difference class, or that you cannot use it because you don't meet the required light/dark or social requirement, you will NOT get a refund for that either.

SupernovaRU
04.12.2012 , 10:04 AM | #10
From the Patch Notes:

Players can now remove Armoring modifications that have set bonuses from items and transfer those set bonuses to Custom (orange) items. These modifications can only be transferred to an item that is equipped in the same slot. This does not apply to all items with a set bonus, only those where the set bonus is attached to the Armoring modification.

---

So... Tionese gear, for example, has a set bonus. It was moved to the Armoring mod, correct? When I moved the armoring mod to my orange gear, it showed that it transferred the set bonus to my orange gear. And to clarify, this was brand new Tionese gear that I purchased after the patch was implemented.

So, has my set bonus really transferred? Or is that just a ghost?