Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bioware why the ninja nerf to death from above?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Bounty Hunter
Bioware why the ninja nerf to death from above?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Jamesona
04.13.2012 , 05:45 AM | #51
signed.

1 min CD was something to just pull out every once in a while.

fun for pvp and pve... stupid nerf

Mursy
04.13.2012 , 05:56 AM | #52
I have two 50 BH, a PT and a Merc so I have used DFA a lot, and DFA was OP from the start IMO. The area allowed you to take too many mobs down at once and too many BH use it as a crutch. Now its right where it should be in terms of how big an area if affects. Now BH actually have to think about what they will do after DFA only cripples one trash mob and damages a strong mob instead of killing both trash mobs and crippling the strong mob. Why they might actually pay attention to the gear on their companions and use their other skills for a change. Its funny so many people were saying how carebear the game is then when they try to even things up the other side starts a whine-fest. What a community, pft!

TheShootist
04.13.2012 , 06:24 AM | #53
I started playing BH for the RDPS it brought to our guilds OPS groups, needed to down the bosses before the enrage timers went off. Before the patch it was a very close race. Last night it was an absolute joke, in EV we wiped many times on the trash before the first boss. DFA is almost useless now as it really isn't much of a AOE ability.

I tried many ways to get my abilities rotation to work with no success, the overall damage reduction is greater than 30%. TM took a huge nerf doing between 1k to 1.3k and 2k to 2.4k crit, where before I was hitting 1.9k to 2.4k and 3k to 3.5k crit. We ended up calling it quits on the second boss EV HM since we didn't have enough DPS to down him in time. I can only imagine what the results will be in 16 man regular OPS KP going against the fabrication droid with 4.7 mil health.

If it were truly a 10% nerf I could live with that, but it feels like I'm doing 50% less overall damage now and if changes aren't made real soon will consider closing my subscription.

nikoinlc
04.13.2012 , 06:25 AM | #54
Quote: Originally Posted by Mursy View Post
Now BH actually have to think about what they will do after DFA only cripples one trash mob and damages a strong mob instead of killing both trash mobs and crippling the strong mob.
The thing is, it doesn't bith cripple the trash mob and damage the stronger mob, because you'll very rarely see them standing close enough to each other. Now it only works on melee enemies that have surrounded your companion, friend or yourself, but due to the knockback you won't get multiple hits on more than 2 enemies if even that many. You can't use it as an initiator, because the enemies will pretty much always stand to far away from eachother, which also means that using it on ranged enemies is pretty much pointless. And not being a very mobile gunner, gathering up a bunch of enemies to deal 600-2k damage with a 1min CD seems like a bit too much work.

I don't mind the damage being reduced eventhough I haven't been pvping yet, but the radius reduction just turned it from an AOE into a STA (Single Target Attack).
Having two BHs you should know this is not the right way to solve the problem.

foulsmell
04.13.2012 , 06:38 AM | #55
Quote: Originally Posted by Galvatron View Post
MMMmm just had 3 other Bh's in full BM gear do a warzone and only do around 60k damage.

But you guys keep saying what your saying.
they are bad.. i do more then that as a tank spec-ed, tank geared pt.
Foulsmell (bad sorc)
Kunta-Kinte (bad powertech)
Phill-achio (bad operative)
Kanga-roo (bad gunslinger)

Sinsavz
04.13.2012 , 06:47 AM | #56
The damage nerf is fine, it was ridiculous before, let's be honest. The radius kinda sucks though, it tough to not make it miss entirely. Oh well, it's still decent and one of the best Aoe abilities in the game, just maybe not THE best any more. Our damage won't suffer too much because of it, it was an OP damage-stat padder anyway.

TheNinjaboy
04.13.2012 , 06:53 AM | #57
It's now called Rain of Pillows!

FigeroMentel
04.13.2012 , 07:01 AM | #58
This one makes the least sense to me - It seems like the whole purpose of Death From Above was to make it easier to clear enemies out and save you from some tedious grinding. So why nerf it when it does exactly that?

SCICAN
04.13.2012 , 07:13 AM | #59
this is a con , the tick rate change has drastically altered DFA no matter what any dev says ...

if it has been reduced to ticking evey 0.5 secs, then it should take 6 times very quickly ( replacing the original 3 hits at 1.0 secs a tic)

It does not , it ticks three times only ..... first fail....

second fail .... becuase you have made it tick every 0.5 secs instead of every 1.0 secs we now have to roll 6 times to crit instead of three .. ... Fail

third and final fail ...

Because it ticks at 0.5 secs now the BASE numbers are smaller that SURGE is based off
50% surge of a 600 base hit is a LOT less than 50% surge on a base hit of 1500 ( i appreaciate our surge is a lot higher the % matters not , i am using 50% for easy description)

maths bioware......

so lets review shall we? ...

50% of a LOWER base figure will always give you reduced results, than 50% of a higher base figure even if you say it ticks twice in the same time ( which it does not )

Pre patch i was 1.2-1.5k per target and 2.2 - 2.5k per crit

Now i see three ticks of about 650 each and crits of 1.1k

because the percentage surge is based off a much lower starting figure yes we have lost some dps.....

this is a terrible stealth nerf .....

and my last question

IF IT WORKS EXACTLY THE SAME AS BEFORE....... WHY THE NEED TO CHANGE IT?

more lies upon lies .....

Deweq
04.13.2012 , 07:16 AM | #60
Quote: Originally Posted by SCICAN View Post
this is a con , the tick rate change has drastically altered DFA no matter what any dev says ...

if it has been reduced to ticking evey 0.5 secs, then it should take 6 times very quickly ( replacing the original 3 hits at 1.0 secs a tic)

It does not , it ticks three times only ..... first fail....

second fail .... becuase you have made it tick every 0.5 secs instead of every 1.0 secs we now have to roll 6 times to crit instead of three .. ... Fail

third and final fail ...

Because it ticks at 0.5 secs now the BASE numbers are smaller that SURGE is based off
50% surge of a 600 base hit is a LOT less than 50% surge on a base hit of 1500 ( i appreaciate our surge is a lot higher the % matters not , i am using 50% for easy description)

maths bioware......

so lets review shall we? ...

50% of a LOWER base figure will always give you reduced results, than 50% of a higher base figure even if you say it ticks twice in the same time ( which it does not )

Pre patch i was 1.2-1.5k per target and 2.2 - 2.5k per crit

Now i see three ticks of about 650 each and crits of 1.1k

because the percentage surge is based off a much lower starting figure yes we have lost some dps.....

this is a terrible stealth nerf .....

and my last question

IF IT WORKS EXACTLY THE SAME AS BEFORE....... WHY THE NEED TO CHANGE IT?

more lies upon lies .....
What he said! TBH i wouldnt be so anoyyed about it if it would tick 6 times, but with it ticking 3 times only, why they wont half the cooldown as well? + us having to roll for crit so many tiems... its stupid