Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bioware why the ninja nerf to death from above?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Bounty Hunter
Bioware why the ninja nerf to death from above?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Blankchild
04.13.2012 , 06:20 PM | #121
Okay nubs this ac is good to go. Even with the nerf you can still LOS plenty of groups or at least utilize some control before using DFA.

Blankchild
04.13.2012 , 06:32 PM | #122
Okay nubs this ac is good to go. Even with the nerf you can still LOS plenty of groups or at least utilize some control before using DFA.

boldee
04.13.2012 , 08:51 PM | #123
Flame me all you like for this response I really dont care but I played tonight in the black hole and I was killing mobs just as efficiently as pre 1.2, I dont have all the best gear from ops but my gear isnt crap either.

So why are you all whining about some minor changes? Get used to it and learn to play again if its that bad or you could even learn to play your class properly in some cases.

I suspect alot of you rushed ahead for end game or pvp'ed your exp and avoided as much pve as you could to reach your personal goals, in doing so you missed out on a huge part of the learning curve that teaches you how to adapt as you class evolves.

Im also guessing that alot of you insist that there is an optimal spec and gear that you must wear because if you dont you wont be uber enough, tbh I and many others find your whinging tedius to say the least. Anyone who has replied to this post like me saying they dont think we have been nerfed gets flamed instantly for having a different opinion.

So if you want to go back to playing WOW with the 12 year olds then cheerio Im sure you will feel much more at home there because its such a perfect game.....NOT
Primus Nova Swtor Resources
Primus Nova/Nova Squadron guild website

slickaxp
04.13.2012 , 09:05 PM | #124
Quote: Originally Posted by DEuZZ View Post
they ninja nerf ALOT more then just that... Range is nerfed, jet boost is nerfed, tracer ok that we knew about... Unload nerfed, we are like walking target DUMMIES.. Time to quit the game! at least for me, we are a laughing class, i enter WZ and all i mean ALL go for me as they know i have ZERO mobility and don't have the dps anymore!!!!
Amen, I unsubbed today. It was already bad per 1.2 for an arsenal BH and now it's just terrible. See u in a few months when they actually make bh's worth playing and fun. For all those sticking around might as well role a stealther as they seem to be true dps.

LowRedMoon
04.14.2012 , 07:15 AM | #125
I was wondering why my BH was doing so poorly last night, took forever to take down an elite. Finally quit as I realized I was not having any fun playing him. Now I see why.

WarGodRwN
04.14.2012 , 07:23 AM | #126
Quote: Originally Posted by LowRedMoon View Post
I was wondering why my BH was doing so poorly last night, took forever to take down an elite. Finally quit as I realized I was not having any fun playing him. Now I see why.
LOL, you are clearly one of those people that LOOKS for reasons to complain, BH aren't any worse really in terms of DPS other than the stupid nerf to DFA, which would have no effect on how quick you take down an elite as it was a AoE nerf and not a damage nerf.

theunwarshed
04.14.2012 , 12:33 PM | #127
Quote: Originally Posted by dardack View Post
It ticks for less cause it hits 2x as many times. pre 1.2 3 ticks, post 1.2 6 ticks. Same exact amount of damage done over time.

I play a BH and love it. I owned all day yesterday and until servers went down.
so if that's the case, it's still a pretty big nerf because there's no way you're gonna get a player to take 6 ticks of DFA. at least before i'd see 1 or 2 hits for 2k before they got out of there, now i see 1 tick of 800 tops. i still think they lowered the damage some, because even if you double the ticks that still is lower than the numbers i was seeing pre 1.2. there isn't anyway to prove this as we didn't have combat logs (conveniently on BW's part) prior to 1.2 for comparison.

of the dps classes we are the worst utility/defense and middle of the pack offense- wise. this is an imbalance. if we're gonna be so terrible on defense we need to be the best offense and that's just not the case. we're too stationary for the lack of defense and our offense doesn't make up for it, that's why we get melted in 3 secs flat (against anyone remotely competent) whenever anyone decides to take notice of us. the marauder/sentinel has far more defense and better offense, smuggler/ops can still do their vanishing act and kill you in 3 hits, etc. i'd even take the sorc's bubble over our (lol) heavy armor. the only dps class w/o a natural interrupt, give me a break. terribad AoE now. the list goes on and on. but hey, keep drinking the koolaid if it suits you.
Good against remotes is one thing ▀▀ị█ị█ị█ị█ị▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒)

Rumblegut
04.14.2012 , 01:38 PM | #128
Quote: Originally Posted by pmeeps View Post
in all fairness it was completely ridiculous before.
I must admit I loved DFA for both the animation, knockdown, AoE range, and especially the damage. Maybe it was a bit too high. Still sad to see it go down.

Arkturus
04.14.2012 , 02:38 PM | #129
Quote: Originally Posted by pmeeps View Post
in all fairness it was completely ridiculous before.

this!

Hizoka
04.14.2012 , 03:41 PM | #130
Quote: Originally Posted by Rumblegut View Post
I must admit I loved DFA for both the animation, knockdown, AoE range, and especially the damage. Maybe it was a bit too high. Still sad to see it go down.
the thing is the damage did not go down, its just more ticks for less damage per tick but same overall...