Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Kira's voice is borked now

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Jett-Rinn
04.12.2012 , 08:26 AM | #1
Anyone else having issues with Kira's voice now? it sounds like she is always talking through her communicator now...oh and the lightsaber bug (het lightsaber is always out even when she is wearing it on her belt) is still there.
Remember kids say anything remotely positive about SWTOR and you're automatically labeled a Bioware employee.

DarthKaine
04.12.2012 , 09:40 AM | #2
Companion audio in general seems borked.

Just talked to Doc on my ship and he is on the radio as well

Just had a convo with vette and i can barley hear her tell me she wants a chat

We need a character copy tool for PTS, getting really tired of all these patch day issues...
It's in the Fraking Ship!

Forgon
04.12.2012 , 09:42 AM | #3
Same issue with Xalek so I am sure all my companions have the problem.
Quote: Originally Posted by milmo View Post
No, we need to rant on how this game is exactly like WoW and when we learn it's not like WoW we go into a blood rage. We must aim to be inconsistent, incoherent and contradictory.

Khyle
04.12.2012 , 09:46 AM | #4
Same with Vette.
"You let one of them go, but that's nothing new. Every now and then, a little victim's spared... because she smiled, cos he's got freckles, cos they begged. And that's how you live with yourself, that's how you slaughter millions. Because once in a while, on a whim, if the wind's in the right direction… you happen to be kind."

KurganNazzir
04.12.2012 , 09:46 AM | #5
Do your companions have helmets/masks on? My Lokin speaks normally (his helmet doesn't cover his face) but Vector now talks like NPCs who have full masks, since that's what he's wearing. Kaliyo also have a full helmet on and talks like she has it on instead of before when they didn't.

So it appears they fixed it to where the companions are speaking properly according to their head gear.
Dark Eclipse
GAF

DarthKaine
04.12.2012 , 09:48 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by KurganNazzir View Post
Do your companions have helmets/masks on? My Lokin speaks normally (his helmet doesn't cover his face) but Vector now talks like NPCs who have full masks, since that's what he's wearing. Kaliyo also have a full helmet on and talks like she has it on instead of before when they didn't.

So it appears they fixed it to wear the companions are speaking properly according to their head gear.
Will have a look, good point as it may be where the bug is coming from.

In Docs case i have him wearing the large brimmed hat, not a full mask though.

Vette, no helmet as im low level there and when i actually spoke to her in the cantina she spoke normally, i just couldnt hear her when i clciked her and she was telling me she wanted to chat.

Either way something seems up

DarthKaine
04.12.2012 , 10:02 AM | #7
Tested again using Kira who is wearing a headband

And yes she's radioing in her conversations....

sigh

Kubernetic
04.12.2012 , 10:11 AM | #8
Elara Dorne and Aric Jorgan now speak as if they're talking through the helmet vocalizer, because they're wearing helmets.

I think it is totally awesome. This little bitty impressed me when I realized it.

GJ, BW!!!
Tekay —— En-ki —— Tékay —— Hassle —— Jaksen
Explorer (80%) • Killer (53%) • Socializer (47%) • Achiever (20%)
Excited Star Citizen — But ready to resubscribe when and if...

KurganNazzir
04.12.2012 , 10:11 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthKaine View Post
Will have a look, good point as it may be where the bug is coming from.

In Docs case i have him wearing the large brimmed hat, not a full mask though.

Vette, no helmet as im low level there and when i actually spoke to her in the cantina she spoke normally, i just couldnt hear her when i clciked her and she was telling me she wanted to chat.

Either way something seems up
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthKaine View Post
Tested again using Kira who is wearing a headband

And yes she's radioing in her conversations....

sigh
Ah, must just be certain companions or certain head pieces that aren't using correct audio (I don't have a Knight to check).

I have Lokin in an open-faced helmet that has an eye piece and antenna (Lokin's Duratech Head Augmentation) and he speaks normally to me when I click on him. I won't have any dialogues with him since affection is maxed so not sure how he sounds in cutscenes now. I just checked my Vette and her volume/voice is the same as it always was when clicking on her (she wears the same head augmentation as my Lokin). The only companion I have with a headband is Jaesa, and she's speaking normally to me.

Do a bug report in-game, if you haven't already, so they can look into it.
Dark Eclipse
GAF

Jett-Rinn
04.12.2012 , 10:15 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by KurganNazzir View Post

So it appears they fixed it to where the companions are speaking properly according to their head gear.
Nope kira isn't wearing a helmet or Respirator .

Edit: She is however wearing a hat; take the hat off the voice is fine...so much fail.
Remember kids say anything remotely positive about SWTOR and you're automatically labeled a Bioware employee.