Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

DFA hitting for 500?

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Elyx
04.17.2012 , 06:29 PM | #61
Quote: Originally Posted by Noollig View Post

The biggest problem is the huge nerf to the area covered by DFA now. Dropping from 8m to 5m is a much larger reduction in surface area than it seems. The grouping of enemies is often right about 5m between them already, so DFA just isn't as helpful. You have to set the reticule so you can get your damage ticks off on just a portion of the group, or you risk knocking them out of the damage area...
that's my point. they should make it work like Ravage does atm. If the mobs are in range when you start, even if they're knocked out, they still take all that damage
"I just hit 50 and finished my class storyline, but I still haven't been able to decide which AC to choose. Leveling solo as a warrior wasn't difficult, so I kept putting off the decision.
Anyone else having the same problem? "~ lagerhat - And who says warriors are broke?

HaLeX
04.17.2012 , 11:25 PM | #62
After reading these posts now I realize why I have been using DFA less and less. The range is so narrow that only someone who is 100% distracted will ever take the full dmg from it. Pretty useless in PVP now, better off just spamming TM and unload, more dmg. Also you attract alot of attention to yourself many times ive gone up for a dfa only to come down dead b4 its over. They took away the most fun BH skill in PVP. Im sure its still fine for pve, but they have limited our attack options and we already had very few.

Operandi
04.18.2012 , 12:25 PM | #63
I guess 90% of merc population picked a class cause they thought it was face roll then complain when something gets changed cause they dont understand basic math.
BodyGuard Bounty Hunter.
Bounty Hunter Officer of Resurgence. Vulkar Highway
http://www.resurgenceguild.us/forums/forum.php

RikHar
04.18.2012 , 05:53 PM | #64
If the damage is still the same then why mess with it to begin with? The time spent making it tick faster would of been better served fixing, balancing or doing other things that require BioWares attention.

I'm really hoping they don't start imitating Blizzards idiot devs where they continued making unnecessary changes to just about everything, just for the sake of making a change and nothing else.

RikHar
04.18.2012 , 05:54 PM | #65
Quote: Originally Posted by Operandi View Post
I guess 90% of merc population picked a class cause they thought it was face roll then complain when something gets changed cause they dont understand basic math.

90%, huh?

And where did you dig up this percentage from, Professor?

CoyoteSixGuns
04.18.2012 , 11:35 PM | #66
this ability completely lost its usefulness in game. DFA has become like leveling the unarmed ability in WOW useless..... yea i brought it there...
I have a "Scorched Earth" Policy when it comes to everything...

Sippix
04.19.2012 , 03:27 AM | #67
I think DFA is more useful now. Since it ticks 4 times in the channel, instead of just 3, I can generally get in a little more damage before someone runs out of the AOE zone. I was getting about ~900 per tick pre-1.2 and now I'm getting ~700 per tick after 1.2 went live. So, pre-1.2, it was only doing ~2700 total (if nothing crit), and now it's doing ~2800 total (again, if nothing crits). Not only that, but I have more chances to crit.each DFA channel. I'd say that's actually a buff, not a nerf. The nerf comes from the reduction in AOE zone radius.

When you channel DFA, the first tick happens at the moment of cast (0 seconds),t he second tick at 1 second, the third tick at 2 seconds and the fourth tick at 3 seconds - Just in case anyone is wondering where people keep getting this "extra tick" idea from.
Malkiv Mayhem
Powertech Vanguard
Slinger Shadow

Youtube | Enjin | Twitch

mulzii
04.20.2012 , 04:37 AM | #68
Quote: Originally Posted by Sippix View Post
I think DFA is more useful now. Since it ticks 4 times in the channel, instead of just 3, I can generally get in a little more damage before someone runs out of the AOE zone. I was getting about ~900 per tick pre-1.2 and now I'm getting ~700 per tick after 1.2 went live. So, pre-1.2, it was only doing ~2700 total (if nothing crit), and now it's doing ~2800 total (again, if nothing crits). Not only that, but I have more chances to crit.each DFA channel. I'd say that's actually a buff, not a nerf. The nerf comes from the reduction in AOE zone radius.

When you channel DFA, the first tick happens at the moment of cast (0 seconds),t he second tick at 1 second, the third tick at 2 seconds and the fourth tick at 3 seconds - Just in case anyone is wondering where people keep getting this "extra tick" idea from.
on paper, maybe. But in Pvp, most people will race out of the aoe range, only getting 1 or 2 ticks of it, if that. The lower dmg/more ticks 'nerf' comes into play, as its hitting only once or twice for less dmg. in pve, the knockback knocks the mobs out of the aoe range now, making them only get hit with one tick, maybe two at most.

They really need to either make the aoe range bigger, or front-load the dmg, which each of the hits after the first decreasing in strength. Or make the first 2 hits auto crits, or something to that effect.

Sookster
04.20.2012 , 07:50 AM | #69
Yup DFA isn't that great, I only use it on bosses now, I don't even use it in pvp at all anymore meanwhile force storm and orbital strike still gets used since their radius are still 8m.
Now that GoergZoeller is gone, buff operative.
SWTOR going F2P, now playing SWGemu.

TheOpf
04.20.2012 , 10:04 AM | #70
Quote: Originally Posted by Sookster View Post
Yup DFA isn't that great, I only use it on bosses now, I don't even use it in pvp at all anymore meanwhile force storm and orbital strike still gets used since their radius are still 8m.
I use it all the time, but it's not a use on CD ability anymore. It's a I need to stop a cap and there are 3 guys in my way or there are three guys not looking at me let me aoe them..
The Bounty Hunter AP Guide: Always Learning -Vanguard Tactics Guide: Where is my PG Slow?
Anam Ithieor- 50 AP Powertech
Anbas Ithieor- 20 Operative (lethality/healer)