Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

DFA hitting for 500?

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

omarunaoe
04.13.2012 , 02:30 AM | #31
If you use DFA/Mortar Volley for anything besides padding damage meters, it's still fine. Still keeps people from capping objectives, still messes up a tank and the healer he's guarding if they're sticking close, still puts pressures on healers when the opposing team is clumped.

Being inclined to use it less often will probably make for better play all around.
Relax, guys. It's just a game!

-=eagerly awaiting the introduction of same-gender romance content to the SWTOR universe=-

Diddley
04.13.2012 , 03:11 AM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by gravioli View Post
Maybe the damage is spread out over one more tick? I havent got a chance to test it yet.
Yep, lot of dfa whiners. It hit like 3-4 times pre patch and hits more like 7-8 in 1.2.

The radius is still an issue though.

Assaultrooper
04.13.2012 , 05:46 AM | #33
I just tested DFA above and I am hitting 900 dmg average x6 times as a Pyrotech in full BM armor
Quote: Originally Posted by CrunkShizzle View Post
Just wonderin how AP is lookin pvp wise
Could be worse

exphryl
04.13.2012 , 06:47 AM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Assaultrooper View Post
I just tested DFA above and I am hitting 900 dmg average x6 times as a Pyrotech in full BM armor
Those crits?

I seem to only break the 600 Range with a crit.
E x p h r y l | <Exiled Disciples> Daragon Trail
| ---------- Want to see Pyro Burst Potential in 1.2? Watch This! -----------|
| Valor 90+ Powertech | |Thinking of Rolling a Pyro or Assault VG? Read this Guide |
|
|Guild Website | Youtube| Cassie - 50 Operative | Krelia - 50 Sorcerer|

Assaultrooper
04.13.2012 , 07:10 AM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by exphryl View Post
Those crits?

I seem to only break the 600 Range with a crit.
Im pretty sure it was non-crit :s
Quote: Originally Posted by CrunkShizzle View Post
Just wonderin how AP is lookin pvp wise
Could be worse

exphryl
04.13.2012 , 07:11 AM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by Assaultrooper View Post
Im pretty sure it was non-crit :s
>_<

Hmph.

To be honest though, with all the odd things this patch did it wouldn't surprise me.
E x p h r y l | <Exiled Disciples> Daragon Trail
| ---------- Want to see Pyro Burst Potential in 1.2? Watch This! -----------|
| Valor 90+ Powertech | |Thinking of Rolling a Pyro or Assault VG? Read this Guide |
|
|Guild Website | Youtube| Cassie - 50 Operative | Krelia - 50 Sorcerer|

Caran
04.13.2012 , 07:14 AM | #37
I logged in yesterday, first group of thrash mobs ... DFA ... and I was asking myself "Whoa, did they nerf it in the patch?".

a) The group of mobs definitely did not lose as much health as before ... and all of them were standing in the (smaller) radius.

b) I did not notice DFA ticking more often

c) I noticed that some mobs were knocked out of the radius of DFA so the following ticks (no matter how many) did not do damage to them

All in all, this is either a (serious) nerf or a bug ...

dardack
04.13.2012 , 07:16 AM | #38
Yeah my DFA is hitting 800-1k, and 1.3k crits. About 6 times per. Which is 2x before 1.2. So to me it's same damage. I was hitting 1.6-1.8 and 2.7k crits pre.

Radius is still an issue. I mean the Radius is a huge issue.

Most other classes AOE"s have a HUGE radius. Really sux.
Doofensmirtz lvl 50 PTIn Erebus Drooga's Pleasure Barge. 4 Imps 50. Doofentrooper lvl 50 VG in Goof Troop DPB
Dear BW please have RS/HiB send me to other fleet Nekkid. TY. Also, don't allow 3 sin/shadow 2 sorc/sage teams in HB. That is all.

Nesso
04.13.2012 , 07:18 AM | #39
Group of weak mobs with 4.9k health, pre 1.2 they all died at the end of DFA channeling. Post 1.2 they all died at the end of DFA channeling.

Same dmg, radius is a bit smaller, still a very good ability, even in PvP.

Jekan
04.13.2012 , 07:23 AM | #40
Myself (PT) and a guildmate (Merc) were discussing this and we initially felt it was a nerf. However, when testing it on clumped mobs doing the dailies on Ilum I noticed that mobs that normally died did die if and only if they weren't knocked back out of the radius.

I remember when the broke DFA horribly in Beta and then fixed it, it was awesome. This is similar to that, they "fixed" it, but it's somewhat broken. The radius is the main issue. All AoE abilities should have the same radius, period, and the reticle you put on the ground should show what that radius is.

Case in point, Orbital Strike seems to have a larger radius now on both my sniper and my guildmates were reporting similar findings.

That said, I find DFA to be more situational, and I lead targets, much like I did when I was a gunner in the Air Force. If you drop DFA where people are, it's useless, but if you drop it where they're going to be or want to go to, it is much more useful.