Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

DFA hitting for 500?

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Agooz
04.12.2012 , 05:05 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by LoKiei View Post
It hits more times with less damage each time with overall damage the same.

If anything it got a buff since damage is done sooner.

derp
lol, If I had a choice, I would take the old DFA any day.

BCass
04.12.2012 , 06:29 PM | #22
My Death from above felt pretty useless tonight. Its usually awesome in Voidstar and civil war when many are grouped up. Its radius now is very small... and only usefull if people do not move at all!! Ofc this never happens! I missed or hit 1 maybe 2 people on most of my casts. They move out 2 steps and they avoid all damage. The damage now doing an extra tick so the numbers are smaller.... But so small it is ridiculous! I had 386, 386 , 386 fly up before the guys moved out of range in voidstar on one attempt.. this is crazy! The biggest number i have seen tonight is around 800 ish on a tick.

Ok i have alot less aim now in my pvp set, so that could explain low numbers.. But.. where is my 23% Damage bonus to players from expertise! Is this not working?

Typheran
04.12.2012 , 07:11 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by APeckenpaugh View Post
DFA's total damage was not changed in patch 1.2, but it ticks more frequently and deals less damage per tick. The overall damage and DPS dealt by DFA has not changed.

The only balance adjustments made to DFA are the ones you see in the patch notes (starts faster and has a smaller radius).
Translation: It hits for less to anything with legs and and the ability to push the forward button.

On a side note, HEY DEV anyfeedback on the lowering of mercs mitigation abilities?

Hizoka
04.12.2012 , 07:46 PM | #24
you guys realize it is 6 ticks now not 3 right???

I know counting is hard, but try it next time, you will need more the one hand to get that far.

LoKiei
04.12.2012 , 08:06 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Typheran View Post
Translation: It hits for less to anything with legs and and the ability to push the forward button.

On a side note, HEY DEV anyfeedback on the lowering of mercs mitigation abilities?
I think you're actually more likely to get damage in with this current setup since damage happens sooner and the time between animation and damage was key for enemy players to avoid/interupt/stun you.

Hizoka
04.12.2012 , 08:16 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by LoKiei View Post
I think you're actually more likely to get damage in with this current setup since damage happens sooner and the time between animation and damage was key for enemy players to avoid/interupt/stun you.
HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!!! someone who is smart on the official forums, the world is truly ending.

GostGajol
04.13.2012 , 01:29 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by TheWeebus View Post
It's not a ninja nerf. It was listed in the notes. It hits more times for less damage... Same overall. If the radius wasnt smaller, it'd be a buff. Stop crying while uninformed.
/SLAP!
/SHUSH!

DFA and Flame-Thrower was BOTH supposedly moved from beeing a 1 sec. tick to a 0.5 sec. tick HOWEVER it does not proc TWICE even tho the damage on those ticks where cut in half. So when people say that they got nerfed they actually got bugged.

So in short you havent got a clue, you should leave the forum instead of trolling around. Get informed and comeback and to the forum and hand out appologies to the people you are insulting with remarks as "Stop crying while uninformed".

Best regards

Wosh

Ps. You think I need to learn how to play, goto the calypso board and find my name there.
I'm too old for heroic internet kids aka. board warriors!

GostGajol
04.13.2012 , 01:35 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Hizoka View Post
you guys realize it is 6 ticks now not 3 right???

I know counting is hard, but try it next time, you will need more the one hand to get that far.
/SLAP!
/SHUSH!

Read my post above!

Yours truly

Wosh
I'm too old for heroic internet kids aka. board warriors!

snowmon
04.13.2012 , 02:13 AM | #29
DFA is pretty bloody usless now, the range is just terrible now, im lucky to get 1-2 from a pack of 4 with it now, and even when i do manage to get more they just fall down out of range so only suffer 1 tick of damage...
lvl 55 PT DPS, ToFN Server

snowmon
04.13.2012 , 02:20 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by APeckenpaugh View Post
DFA's total damage was not changed in patch 1.2, but it ticks more frequently and deals less damage per tick. The overall damage and DPS dealt by DFA has not changed.

The only balance adjustments made to DFA are the ones you see in the patch notes (starts faster and has a smaller radius).
so now you have brought OUR aoe damage range in to line, did you not think to do sorcerers range at the same time? the range on DFA is rubbish now, yet my sorcerers was not touched....gj
lvl 55 PT DPS, ToFN Server