Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

DFA hitting for 500?

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Galvatron
04.12.2012 , 10:01 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Theology View Post
I didn't notice it hitting more times.
Neither did I and I was counting as I thought that might be the case but it doesn't hit more times.

The same mobs I know DFB would kill are not killed now.. So it's doing less damage.
Galvatron/OptimasCO Founder Sinister
"The trick in life is knowing when to pick your pain and for what reason"
Sith PVP - SWG pre-CU/NGE BLOODFIN

ExileFett
04.12.2012 , 10:16 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by TheWeebus View Post
It's not a ninja nerf. It was listed in the notes. It hits more times for less damage... Same overall. If the radius wasnt smaller, it'd be a buff. Stop crying while uninformed.
Please help us with your superrior knowledge then. How much does your DFA hit for and how many shots so I can check it on mine?

Muzluburz
04.12.2012 , 10:27 AM | #13
death from above def got nerfed.

exphryl
04.12.2012 , 11:07 AM | #14
Mine is significantly lower then it should be.

This will suffer the fate of Ion Cylinder as well and never get an appropriate answer...
E x p h r y l | <Exiled Disciples> Daragon Trail
| ---------- Want to see Pyro Burst Potential in 1.2? Watch This! -----------|
| Valor 90+ Powertech | |Thinking of Rolling a Pyro or Assault VG? Read this Guide |
|
|Guild Website | Youtube| Cassie - 50 Operative | Krelia - 50 Sorcerer|

Theology
04.12.2012 , 11:08 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by exphryl View Post
Mine is significantly lower then it should be.

This will suffer the fate of Ion Cylinder as well and never get an appropriate answer...
Yup.5

JohnAntilles
04.12.2012 , 02:21 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by TheWeebus View Post
It's not a ninja nerf. It was listed in the notes. It hits more times for less damage... Same overall. If the radius wasnt smaller, it'd be a buff. Stop crying while uninformed.
This is incorrect.

No where in the notes does it state that extra tic's were added to the ability. It says this, verbatim:

"Death From Above now has a 5-meter radius to bring its range in line with other Bounty Hunter Area of Effect abilities, and it now begins dealing damage sooner after activation."

Now, I'm not saying what your suggesting isn't happening. I've only used it maybe 3-5 times since the patch, and I can't definitively say right now whether or not I noticed extra tics..

However, I am sure that it isn't doing DRASTICALLY less damage then before. It is still very punishing to people grouped up, as it will still knock a good quarter of there health away.

I would like to see exactly what BW did to it though, they should of been more on the ball with clearly stating what they did to the ability on the notes.
Rolen Vekk ||| Mandalorian Powertech ||| Mandalore the Indomitable
"My vengeance was never in question. The Sith have simply made it profitable."

TheOpf
04.12.2012 , 02:39 PM | #17
I believe what we are seeing is the lack of expertise damage. Remember expertise was changed to work better in wz's. I know for a fact, my damage in a WZ and out of a wz is vastly different now.

Yes, there was a stealth nerf to DFA. i am watching 300-700 on my ticks where before it was 700-1k.

It does tick faster, but it is still nerfed. The 300 ticks start once I take off, and I was seeing two ticks instead of just one. I still saw a noticeable damage reduction.
The Bounty Hunter AP Guide: Always Learning -Vanguard Tactics Guide: Where is my PG Slow?
Anam Ithieor- 50 AP Powertech
Anbas Ithieor- 20 Operative (lethality/healer)

APeckenpaugh
04.12.2012 , 02:45 PM | #18 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
DFA's total damage was not changed in patch 1.2, but it ticks more frequently and deals less damage per tick. The overall damage and DPS dealt by DFA has not changed.

The only balance adjustments made to DFA are the ones you see in the patch notes (starts faster and has a smaller radius).

Terrorshard
04.12.2012 , 02:49 PM | #19
Great, vanguards finally get a working version and it blows.

LoKiei
04.12.2012 , 03:57 PM | #20
It hits more times with less damage each time with overall damage the same.

If anything it got a buff since damage is done sooner.

derp