Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

MOX Raid / Solo Meters

xenofire
05.01.2012 , 03:18 PM | #131
I've noticed that lingering damage really kills my dps in the parsing tool. After a fight is over for a good 5-6 seconds my DPS will just fall. I think the best thing to do is just stop the duration when the boss dies, if the game glitches and counts the damage that will be consistent for everyone. The problem with the duration continuing out past the end of the fight is that does not give you an accurate DPS number at all. ACT stops the duration when the boss dies as far as I can tell, which is the same way recount and world of logs did it for WoW.

One thing that world of logs has done that's great is it calculates player dps time and involvement in each fight, and it takes the time of the first damage into the boss and subtracts it from when the boss dies and uses that as the bench mark for all the other players and then it gives a percentage for everyone else of time in fight. (97-99% efficiency is good, if you're down around 90% you need to improve on your performance.) Just an idea!
Guildmaster of The Remnant on The Harbinger
#4 World | #2 US | EC16 HM

Lasse_B
05.02.2012 , 03:47 AM | #132
I just gave it a spin. MOX is a nifty little tool with great potential. But unfortunately it also has its downsides, at least on my system (2600K @ 4GHz; Radeon 6970).

While having the information being displayed while you play is great, something related to this seems to be acting up. Pop-outs eat performance like crazy. I noticed a permanent 10 to 20FPS drop and a stutter every second while playing with pop-outs enabled. Semi-transparent windows themselves don't seem to be the issue as I have verified setting up such a window using the following AutoIt code:

Code:
GUICreate("Test GUI", 200, 100)
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

WinSetTrans("Test GUI", "", 170)
WinSetOnTop("Test GUI", "", 1)

While 1
	Sleep(100)
WEnd
Is anyone else observing performance drops while pop-outs are enabled?

Another feature that makes sense to be implemented IMHO is for users to be able to lock pop-outs to a chosen position relative to the SWTOR window. Users could then reposition the SWTOR window and the pop-outs move right along with it. MOX could use the SWTOR window's client area x and y coordinates as a reference point and calculate pop-out coordinates based on that.
SWTOR & Ramdisk; automatically cache SWTOR's game files on your ramdisk [ENG] [GER]
Enhanced Windowed Mode; remove window borders and more [ENG] [GER]
Server population stats (torstatus.net), thanks to GorTh for this great site!

Odarim
05.02.2012 , 01:09 PM | #133
We've been using this parser for a little over a week now, and I'm curious as to why people being too far away are not counted in the parse. If it's reading the combat log and then syncing them then why does for example:

On the Toth and Zorn fight, only one of our groups dps is showing up in the parse. I cant see anything from the group on the other mob.

Shouldn't distance and even zone you're in be irrelevant?
Recruitment open at www.evilgenius.guildportal.com

xenofire
05.02.2012 , 02:07 PM | #134
Quote: Originally Posted by Lasse_B View Post
Is anyone else observing performance drops while pop-outs are enabled?
YES.

The popout window alone takes up 10% of processor according to my task manager. It's rediculous.
Guildmaster of The Remnant on The Harbinger
#4 World | #2 US | EC16 HM

arnoldlol
05.03.2012 , 10:39 AM | #135
Simple solution is don't use pop-outs or don't run on an outdated system. As long as you're synced to your raid, the information is there to be compiled in real time. That is the goal, correct?

Big props to the guy(s) that developed this, been using it since it came out.
Cali Killed Nox
o [Website] o [Stream] o

Lasse_B
05.03.2012 , 12:29 PM | #136
Great answer, really solves the problem. Not.
SWTOR & Ramdisk; automatically cache SWTOR's game files on your ramdisk [ENG] [GER]

Ginnai
05.03.2012 , 01:44 PM | #137
Quote: Originally Posted by xenofire View Post
YES.

The popout window alone takes up 10% of processor according to my task manager. It's rediculous.
Are you guys using the latest version of the parser? There were some pretty significant performance issues that I addressed in version 0.9.7.0. That being said, the parser is relatively processor intensive so its not surprising if its taking up small chunk of your CPU power while its active. I've contemplated some other performance improvements, but haven't made any yet. I know there is still some room for improvement there though. Either way, it shouldn't be so bad that its causing your game to run poorly, that is certainly not the average user experience.
Server: Helm of Graush
Guild: Memories of Xendor http://memoriesofxendor.com
Live Meters: http://memoriesofxendor.com/parser/desktop/

Ginnai
05.03.2012 , 01:48 PM | #138
Quote: Originally Posted by Odarim View Post
We've been using this parser for a little over a week now, and I'm curious as to why people being too far away are not counted in the parse. If it's reading the combat log and then syncing them then why does for example:

On the Toth and Zorn fight, only one of our groups dps is showing up in the parse. I cant see anything from the group on the other mob.

Shouldn't distance and even zone you're in be irrelevant?
Are you all synced to the same raid key? Are you all running the latest version of the parser? Proximity should have no effect on the tool. However, you do need to be in combat to see numbers. For example, if you're hanging around outside the instance and people are fighting inside, you won't see their numbers. It could be other general network problems as well (which would be tougher to diagnose). The people who aren't showing up, are they getting updates and seeing the same numbers as everyone else?
Server: Helm of Graush
Guild: Memories of Xendor http://memoriesofxendor.com
Live Meters: http://memoriesofxendor.com/parser/desktop/

Odarim
05.03.2012 , 02:34 PM | #139
Quote: Originally Posted by Ginnai View Post
Are you all synced to the same raid key? Are you all running the latest version of the parser? Proximity should have no effect on the tool. However, you do need to be in combat to see numbers. For example, if you're hanging around outside the instance and people are fighting inside, you won't see their numbers. It could be other general network problems as well (which would be tougher to diagnose). The people who aren't showing up, are they getting updates and seeing the same numbers as everyone else?
We are all synced to the same key. I'm fairly certain everyone else is up to date, I'll double check on friday with our next raid.

It only seems to happen on fights like Toth and Zorn or the tanks when we have the groups split. The Toth and Zorn fight is what's making it look like a proximity thing because when the tanks switch and I have to run around to heal, the other group shows up as new dps on the pop-up. And their dps stops being added when we a fully split again. It's not that they don't ever show up.

I agree it makes no sense with the way the data is obtained, it shouldn't be happening. It's highly unlikely that it could be a network issue, as they all show up on every fight where the groups aren't split. I'll make sure everyone is up to date and post an update this weekend.
Recruitment open at www.evilgenius.guildportal.com

Lasse_B
05.05.2012 , 06:34 AM | #140
Quote: Originally Posted by Ginnai View Post
Are you guys using the latest version of the parser? There were some pretty significant performance issues that I addressed in version 0.9.7.0. That being said, the parser is relatively processor intensive so its not surprising if its taking up small chunk of your CPU power while its active. I've contemplated some other performance improvements, but haven't made any yet. I know there is still some room for improvement there though. Either way, it shouldn't be so bad that its causing your game to run poorly, that is certainly not the average user experience.
Sorry for responding so late. As it turns out, frame rate decrease is the result of a combination of factors.

When I have desktop composition disabled and the opacity of MOX' pop-out window set to anything below 100%, FPS go down from 60 to ~45. This is with the most current version of MOX, which is 0.9.8.2

Disabling desktop composition actually does make the game perform faster at times; I noticed this in a space fight when wiggling the mouse trying to evade incoming fire caused FPS to drop with desktop composition enabled. It didn't drop with desktop composition disabled. Until that moment I thought all the suggestions to disable desktop composition to gain a bit of performance were nothing but a placebo effect so I was literally ***?!?!?! when I had this happen to me.