Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Unify color fail

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Raoul_Duke
04.12.2012 , 12:55 PM | #41
Nope. Not working for the Head option here as well.
Graveyard of the Womp Rat: The Bantha Screams for Krayt Meat
"When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
Limping Since 2008

stickyickytricky
04.12.2012 , 12:56 PM | #42
I would love to know why a QA person would not have it in the test case to make sure all the slots work when matching to chest piece? Or why all the people who played on the PTS didn't catch this.

Alancal
04.12.2012 , 12:58 PM | #43
Nice to see a thread on this. I noticed it too I thought it was just me or the helmets I was using. I usually hide my helmet so I'm okay for now but sometimes I like to enable it to have that "trooper" look. Hope they fix it soon.
Karke Endel
Level 50 Vanguard - Iron Citadel

Sparklehorse
04.12.2012 , 01:05 PM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by Leyv View Post
not trolling at all

let me make myself clear im staying with the game as im a star wars fan ..but for me customisation generally translates to the ability to customise things?..

so take my main...trooper in full rakatta gear..the colour of this is black...

using the new customisation tool i get the option of having my armour black or black...

I've made my tree and have messed around with a few bits and bobs but i'm honestly left with the overbearing feeling of.."this is half arsed"..the vid's and interviews at the start claimed group finder's , new crafting recipies customisation etc and it all seems to have just falled away..and whilst im sure we'll get them later this is not what all the people who were coming back believing 1.2 would be the saviour of the game will be expecting..
which could damn the game further ....

even the legacy tree unlocks seem ..well rubbish...the costs in credits whilst negligable for end game seem ridiculous...and you seem to get nothing for your legacy level save the ability to pay the next level of costs.

As I said Its early days but im honestly concerned that its going to cost moreplayers who were quite frankly expecting more from the miracle patch ...

meh
If people aren't finding what they expect when they return it's because they, much like yourself, had unreasonable expectations. The way the "Match To Chest" color customization worked has been known, literally, for months.

The features in this patch have been nailed down (with the obvious exception of one) for weeks. The only thing that was removed was the ranked warzones.

If people come back expecting things that were never promised...

Well then, that wouldn't be anything unusual would it because half of the geniuses posting on these boards have no idea what they are posting about in the first place and are complaining about features that were never promised or issues that were resolved months ago.
Stop exploding you cowards!

otherworlder
04.12.2012 , 01:05 PM | #45
Same issue for me. Belt/glove/boots/pants match up, no luck on headpiece. Nothing changes regardless of helmet type used or chest type used.

How this wasn't noticed during their after-patch testing is beyond me.

Vicelance
04.12.2012 , 01:08 PM | #46
My trooper has a rust/gold chestpiece, all the other parts now match except he still has a white helmet with yellow stripe.

Wish we could color match companions armour, My Corso's armour has a diferent color for each piece right now.
||||||()Ξ██████████████████████████████)

Sparklehorse
04.12.2012 , 01:09 PM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by otherworlder View Post
Same issue for me. Belt/glove/boots/pants match up, no luck on headpiece. Nothing changes regardless of helmet type used or chest type used.

How this wasn't noticed during their after-patch testing is beyond me.
It's easy to imagine how this got missed.

Most of the heavy testing was done on copied characters with gear that was mostly Rakata (ie. already matched.)

The people that rolled new characters and started armoring their characters from scratch stopped around level 10 (the level that you get the title at) and never saw their character with a helm at all.

This left only those who went all the way to chapter 3 (to get the other title) to actually test the matching system thoroughly and I'm betting there just weren't that many testers in that level range.

Just a guess as to how a bug like this might have been missed, if it's a bug at all.
Stop exploding you cowards!

DarkZeron
04.12.2012 , 01:14 PM | #48
it works fine with my trooper's helmet.
You have failed me for the last time Admiral Bioware!

AllisonBerryman
04.12.2012 , 01:15 PM | #49 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hey everyone - we are aware of this issue and will be addressing it in an upcoming patch. Thank you for the reports!

Rierdon
04.12.2012 , 01:48 PM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by KrittaB View Post
so you somehow thought the systems were something they weren't (even though everything was described in detail to us) and now are disappointed that your expectations weren't met?
iirc, in the video they selected a color from a palette for the chest piece.