Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Slicing Lockbox Changes Intended?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Slicing Lockbox Changes Intended?

lull
04.12.2012 , 06:59 AM | #1
UPDATE:
The response below was received.
Quote: Originally Posted by StephenReid View Post
Hey all, thank you for reports into this issue. We escalated this to the development team and after investigation, got confirmation that this was a bug.

It's being worked on now and a fix should be rolled out in a future patch. In the meantime, it'll be added to our known issues list.
It appears that slicing lockbox mission returns may have been significantly reduced. Is this intended?

I'm not trying to start another debate about the returns. I'm only trying to determine if these changes are intended. If so, may we have some additional information regarding the extent of the changes and the reasoning behind them? Were returns lowered in general or maximum and minimum changed to increase the spread, etc.

I track my mission returns (not just for slicing) and while I've only received results for a few missions since the 1.2 patch they have all been the lowest I've ever seen without a failure. Some of my sample sizes for individual missions are in excess of 100. I've seen the drop in missions in multiple tiers. As an example, Finding Our Way costs 1,930 credits, since 1.2 I've gotten returns of 1063, 1071, and 719. Prior to 1.2 my lowest return was 1440. Across my samples (again in excess of 100 for this particular mission) I only have a few less than 1600 and those are all pretty old.

Fuzzytoad
04.12.2012 , 07:14 AM | #2
I'd like to know this as well.. there's no mention of this change in the patch notes and I can't imagine this was intended, unless it's some form of punishment.

Rich Yield: Class 5 Lockbox mission costs 2025cr - returns Jeweled Medium Credit Box with 659cr

Abetheduck
04.12.2012 , 07:18 AM | #3
I have also seen the same in the three rich rank 5 lockbox missions I have done since the servers came up. This is a pretty big change from the pre 1.2 numbers, so I hope it was not intended.

Alodar
04.12.2012 , 08:04 AM | #4
On the PTS I tracked 100 slicing missions and found that Moderate was your best bet if you wanted credits.

Rich was in general a loss unless it was a critical success and then there was a larger return, it also in my small sample size, 100 missions, had a higher chance to crit for schematics.

Try running the moderate missions and see if you are getting better results for credits.
Rich over time will give you better criticals but if it doesn't crit will return for a sizable loss.

In my limited testing Abundant had a slight positive return and Bountiful had a large negative return.

Alodar
(▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀!!Ξ[!(Θ)!!!▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀)

Revcis
04.12.2012 , 08:13 AM | #5
what kind of stupid logic is that? if your rich yeild mission dosen't crit you lose half you credits.

Hajizan
04.12.2012 , 08:15 AM | #6
So what is the purpose of slicing missions now? Just for fast skilling up? Can skill up fast enough on world lockboxes.

Running a rich scavenging mission for 2025 credits will yield materials worth 12,800 credits.

Alodar
04.12.2012 , 08:19 AM | #7
If you are looking for straight credits Moderate missions on average nettted about a positive 45% return on your investment in my limited testing on PTS.

Alodar

DawnAskham
04.12.2012 , 08:28 AM | #8
And this is what happens when they publish incomplete patch notes along with not allowing all players to participate in PTS testing, that is we get changes that aren't documented and are unexpected, and whether intentional or not, never have a chance to provide feedback or get clarification before they go live.

I'll adapt, but the piss poor communication with this patch coupled with the inability to copy over characters to test all aspects leaves me scratching my head and saying 'W T F Bioware'.

Alodar
04.12.2012 , 08:36 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by DawnAskham View Post
And this is what happens when they publish incomplete patch notes along with not allowing all players to participate in PTS testing, that is we get changes that aren't documented and are unexpected, and whether intentional or not, never have a chance to provide feedback or get clarification before they go live.
All players were allowed to participate in PTS testing.
I levelled a Guardian to 23rd level, and chose to test slicing because I figured most folks would be testing crafting.

There was nothing stopping you from doing the same.

Alodar

AOD_rywo
04.12.2012 , 08:39 AM | #10
Run missions for augment materials...
Gather lockboxes on planets...

Slicing is a _gathering_ profession after all.
MMO gaming since 1994.