Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

que times are rediculously long...pre-order refunds available?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
que times are rediculously long...pre-order refunds available?

Iked
12.17.2011 , 01:34 AM | #11
When a server que is between an hour and thirty minutes to two hours, it's ridiculous. I rolled my server when it was standard. Next day it's got one of the longest waits possible to get in. They need more servers and to offer free server transfers of our choice. This is not just on release kinks issue. This is a total flop on biowares end. Plus the fact that the EU servers are empty doesn't help.

Finzig
12.17.2011 , 01:38 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by NecrosisZombie View Post
Patience as they all toast and party to all the money you just stuffed into their pockets... once they are done drinking and partying and the hang overs are gone... maybe they will get back to responding and helping. the customer support for this game is terrible and I have played a lot of MMO's over the years. This game by far has had the worst launch and customer support from the start.
I'm guessing that you weren't around for the launch of WoW then. WoW didn't work at launch they had huge database issues that caused the game to be virtually unplayable for a couple of weeks.

WoW also had a huge problem with queuing on their servers at launch as well.

Bioware did not make people build toons on the server they're on (except maybe for the guild thing). Every MMO has a problem with some servers having more then others at launch and over time they spread out. Bioware does need to add some additional servers however they can't make people balance their characters out.

Keep up the good work Bioware.

Hypernetic
12.17.2011 , 01:45 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Finzig View Post
I'm guessing that you weren't around for the launch of WoW then. WoW didn't work at launch they had huge database issues that caused the game to be virtually unplayable for a couple of weeks.

WoW also had a huge problem with queuing on their servers at launch as well.

Bioware did not make people build toons on the server they're on (except maybe for the guild thing). Every MMO has a problem with some servers having more then others at launch and over time they spread out. Bioware does need to add some additional servers however they can't make people balance their characters out.

Keep up the good work Bioware.
WoW came out SEVEN YEARS AGO, it's launch is irrelevant.

jleslie
12.17.2011 , 01:47 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Hypernetic View Post
and considering this game has done (a very good job) at coptin every MMO ever made, you'd think they woulda copied or at least learnt from other launches (this might be sink their launch and really dampen a fantastic game)

ye-roon
12.17.2011 , 01:47 AM | #15
Since the game still isnt officially released and there are allready queues for over an hour, makes me think that Bioware is doing this on purpose. I played the beta on what seemed a much more busy server yet it said "standard" and had no queue what so ever. But when i was ingame the zones were overpopulated and i had to wait for mobs to spawn. Now when i get passed the 1h queue there is no one there. I dont have to wait for spawns and i rarely see other people running around.

The most logical conclusion is that they are putting a queue on a server on purpose, so that new players will be discuraged to make a character on that server. So that every server will get an equal amount of players.

However, my guild was placed on this server and i didnt pay for the CE to be put in a queue. The least thing they could have done was give "placed" players a better spot in the queue

JacenHallis
12.17.2011 , 01:55 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Hypernetic View Post
World War II happened 70 years ago. The attack on Pearl Harbor is irrelevant.

Faulty logic. An MMO is a completely different beast from any other genre of game. There are so many variables at launch for which one never can account. The devs can test and test, but until launch day, they never know what's going to happen. This has been the case with every MMO launch I have seen.

As I check Facebook every day, I invariably see the TOR account post a message stating "We just opened another couple of servers!" They are working to deal with the players. This is not bad customer service. It is, in fact, pretty excellent customer service.

Just FYI here, but I have yet to experience a queue since 10 a.m. Tuesday, which is when I finally logged in for the first time. No queues at all. The servers are there, but people are clustering to the more populated ones. Stop blaming Bioware and blame those responsible: the players.
Ruminara Ven
Passion, yet serenity.

Dethrak
12.17.2011 , 01:57 AM | #17
Lol, why are people referring to wow? I played wow from launch and I remember the queue times, but what the hell? Does that mean its ok for his game to be the same?

Bioware have screwed up and this is why.

Long queue times and the game hasnt even launched yet....

I repeat the game hasnt been launched yet.

Everyone who is playing atm has pre ordered.

I repeat, pre ordered.

This means bioware knew how many people had pre ordered so they they also Knew the numbers that would likely be playing, they know server capacity.

Do the math....

People waiting two hours to play a game isnt going to get people to spend there hard earned for a service thats down half the day and when it is up they have to wait to get in.

Bioware sort it.

Thanks in advance.

Nimithril
12.17.2011 , 02:04 AM | #18
There will be queues in MMOs, both at launch and for content updates, from now until forever, because servers are built for the long-haul when login totals are lower, not for the period of time immediately after the previously mentioned events.

Learn to deal with it.
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthAbominor View Post
And finally, sitting through this video is like watching a 6 year old bash his own head in with a frying pan.. just not as entertaining.
Quote: Originally Posted by nvoid View Post
That's my new facebook status: Shut up the f$$%$% mouth!

Dethrak
12.17.2011 , 02:06 AM | #19
Oh, one other thing.

Currently every european server i noticed last night was full.

I repeat every server....

Talorra
12.17.2011 , 02:09 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Iked View Post
Plus the fact that the EU servers are empty doesn't help.
You know, cause they're in a different time zone and all. Did you see the EU servers during their primetime? 95% of their available servers were full.

And besides, what does an EU server being empty have anything to do with a US server being full?
M'arik <Intrepid> 16-player Progression The Harbinger
IntrepidOps.com | Live Stream | Recruitment Thread | @Twitter