Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Please fix out of range fullscreen/fullscreen window mode for 1280x1024 resolution.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Please fix out of range fullscreen/fullscreen window mode for 1280x1024 resolution.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

hydrica
04.13.2012 , 03:22 AM | #61
this is the same problem ive had with my pc since i bought the game.... alt and enter isnt a good enough explanation and you shouldnt have to do it. Ok every patch so far ive just gone ahead and done this recommendation untill yesterday.

I had this problem and its completely knackered my pc system. Cant even log onto my pc no more because i just get out of range error message even though i can hear windows running in the background..... Seriously if i have to buy a new part for my pc ill be cancelling my sub.

If my pc isnt good enough graphic wise, or i lag because ive got low memory or whatever, fine then i might consider upgrading my pc to play a game i like. But to have to buy new parts to my pc because your latest patch has messed around with my system is not acceptable...
Skyie - Resurrection Guild Leader
Republic Sluis Shipyards
You think Yoda stops teaching, just because his student does not want to hear?
A teacher Yoda is. Yoda teaches like drunkards drink, like killers kill

sakica
04.13.2012 , 03:43 AM | #62
Every patch fix one thing and bug three more

Rogue_Dodger
04.13.2012 , 03:51 AM | #63
Again: SWTOR IS CHANGING THE REFRESH RATE TO RANDOM HIGH VALUES, WHEN SELECTING WINDOWED MODE OR SOMETIMES EXITING THE GAME

It even did it whilst exiting the game last night.

The nvidia control panel solution above does nothing unfortunately.

I just tried again, selected fullscreen windowed, out of range. I checked via VNC (can someone else try this?) and the monitor refresh rate was 240 instead of the correct 60.

Not sure if dxdiag will help, as the correct refresh rate is now shown but here you go:

Spoiler

Beesodd, could you please pass on my info about the refresh? It is every single time, and absolutely ONLY since 1.2. Thanks!
The Guardians Of Peace
Part of the TGoP http://www.tgop.co.uk/
The Guardians of Peace: http://www.swtor.com/guilds/4213/guardians-peace
The Guardians of Power: http://www.swtor.com/guilds/85936/guardians-power

NasherUK
04.13.2012 , 05:12 AM | #64
Quote: Originally Posted by Darkerwarrior View Post
That doesn't work because it resets the client_settings to default

which is the problem our monitors can't run on the default settings so we have to manually alter the client_settings to run the game. I had to do this at the live launch to run SWTOR..

I'm working on a fix now...
You need to change the client_defaults.ini in the TOR folder as well. I think making client_settings read-only after altering it works too.

winmace
04.13.2012 , 05:14 AM | #65
Spoiler

JTCK
04.13.2012 , 05:20 AM | #66
I use AutoHotkey, for alt-tab and other key function problems. And use a third party program for graphics (CCC). no problems whatsoever. Before u flame BW, flame microsoft, they are the real chumps.<---all of this was happening to me BEFORE the patch.

hydrica
04.13.2012 , 05:32 AM | #67
i dont even know how to get the info you are all putting in them spoiler tabs , ive got my pc on safe mode but having to use my other halfs pc. Can you please tell me how i get that information
Skyie - Resurrection Guild Leader
Republic Sluis Shipyards
You think Yoda stops teaching, just because his student does not want to hear?
A teacher Yoda is. Yoda teaches like drunkards drink, like killers kill

Azure_Prower
04.13.2012 , 05:46 AM | #68
Quote: Originally Posted by hydrica View Post
i dont even know how to get the info you are all putting in them spoiler tabs , ive got my pc on safe mode but having to use my other halfs pc. Can you please tell me how i get that information
Depending what OS you have.

XP -> Start -> Run -> type "DxDiag" in the space provided -> Enter -> Save Information

Vista/Win7 -> Start -> type "DxDiag" in the search field -> Enter -> Save Information
"My enemies are those whom I make. Not those who others say they are.
Some consider me a dark Jedi whilst to others a mercenary.
Yet I am no slave to a code nor to an ideal. My will is forever free."

- Azure Prower, executive of the Ebon Fox corporation.

Rogue_Dodger
04.13.2012 , 06:18 AM | #69
Quote: Originally Posted by JTCK View Post
I use AutoHotkey, for alt-tab and other key function problems. And use a third party program for graphics (CCC). no problems whatsoever. Before u flame BW, flame microsoft, they are the real chumps.<---all of this was happening to me BEFORE the patch.
Maybe. But it started doing it for everyone else in this thread yesterday, after 1.2. It is NOT a coincidence. I have no other program on my system that changes the refresh rate of my monitor making windows unusable.
The Guardians Of Peace
Part of the TGoP http://www.tgop.co.uk/
The Guardians of Peace: http://www.swtor.com/guilds/4213/guardians-peace
The Guardians of Power: http://www.swtor.com/guilds/85936/guardians-power

KittyParade
04.13.2012 , 09:00 AM | #70
after patch, i played with a friend. fullscreen windowed mode did not work. however full screen was working for me. it usually does not. i play normally in fullscreen windowed. at the end of our adventurers my friend hung up from skype. i was still in the game. this immediately put me into out of range in the game. i hit alt+enter. nothing. i was forced to reboot my system. when i restarted, windows loaded. i can hear it start up all the usually sounds however screen is out of range. restart f8...start windows in low res. get to the pw page in low res but log in and back to out of range. restart f8...start windows in safe mode to reset my refresh rate. nvidia control panel is not usuable in safe mode. i had to remove my graphics card and switch to onboard graphics which doesn't run the game very well and frankly i'm nervous to play, fearing more havoc with my settings. i have moderate pc knowledge and there seems to be a lot of conflicting information on how to solve this issue.