Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Please fix out of range fullscreen/fullscreen window mode for 1280x1024 resolution.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
Please fix out of range fullscreen/fullscreen window mode for 1280x1024 resolution.

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Almarath
06.18.2012 , 03:59 PM | #321
Still no fix on this?

Jallenrix
06.26.2012 , 01:00 PM | #322
I had hoped this issue would be resolved with today's release of 1.3, but, alas - I am still unable to play in Fullscreen mode.

Flesaur
06.27.2012 , 02:02 PM | #323
I can confirm that the problem is largely linked to having a DVI output on your graphics card and a VGA input on your monitor. If so it'll change the refresh rate of your monitor to 75hz or above. If your monitor does not support this, for example if it is a wide screen HD monitor/televison that supports 60 hz, then you are screwed in full screen.

Luckily my monitor has a HDMI input, so I bought a new cable (DVI to HDMI) and I can now play in fullscreen mode. Bad news is that when I emailed CS about the issue, they told me it was fixed ... So I wouldn't hold my breath for a fix on this issue at all.

Jallenrix
06.27.2012 , 03:06 PM | #324
I had also read about the DVI-to-VGA issue, but, I double-checked and my connection is DVI-to-DVI. I am using a widescreen display with a 60 HZ refresh rate. The bug is merely inconvenient, but, I'm disappointed with how poorly Customer Service has managed this and other issues.

Lastante
07.02.2012 , 04:43 PM | #325
Quote: Originally Posted by hydrica View Post
this is the same problem ive had with my pc since i bought the game.... alt and enter isnt a good enough explanation and you shouldnt have to do it. Ok every patch so far ive just gone ahead and done this recommendation untill yesterday.

I had this problem and its completely knackered my pc system. Cant even log onto my pc no more because i just get out of range error message even though i can hear windows running in the background..... Seriously if i have to buy a new part for my pc ill be cancelling my sub.

If my pc isnt good enough graphic wise, or i lag because ive got low memory or whatever, fine then i might consider upgrading my pc to play a game i like. But to have to buy new parts to my pc because your latest patch has messed around with my system is not acceptable...
alt and enter isnt a good enough explanation and you shouldnt have to do it. Great comment....

DarthFuzzybunny
08.01.2012 , 08:55 PM | #326
I've been having this out of range problem since 1.2. >.< and I haven't been able to play since. Like a lot of people it seems I have to use system restore to undo whatever damage the game does to my monitor. I've tried updating my drivers, resetting my refresh rate, and I've even switched monitors and nothing seems to help. I really do love the game too much just unsubscribe, but this seems like a long time for this kind of issue to go unresolved.

DarthFuzzybunny
08.02.2012 , 07:10 AM | #327
Also alt+enter doesn't work and changing the settings file didn't help either, but here is the dxdiag. I would really appreciate some help with this problem.

Spoiler

Silent_walker
08.20.2012 , 02:28 AM | #328
I just started getting this problem too, only happens with my single link DVI cable and only when the monitor is over 60Hz.

1920x1080

Rogue_Dodger
08.25.2012 , 04:14 PM | #329
For the last couple of posters: with all respect don't hold your breath. We have been jumping through the CS hoops for MONTHS trying to get a fix, or even acknowledgement of this problem. No joy so far. It's a very big reason why I've been spending more and more MMO time elsewhere.

BaronV
09.12.2012 , 01:01 AM | #330
and I still get this problem at 1920x1080..... damn annoying to open up the world map and be unable to see the bit at the bottom where your quest objective is...
I used to be a Jedi like you - until I took a blaster bolt to the knee