Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Please fix out of range fullscreen/fullscreen window mode for 1280x1024 resolution.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Please fix out of range fullscreen/fullscreen window mode for 1280x1024 resolution.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Ashania
05.22.2012 , 03:49 PM | #301
Still no fix to this...

Each time I play I have to change 'fullscreen = false' in the client_settings.ini and then load up the game and change back to fullscreen in-game. However, if i exit the game or alt-tab out it changes the resolution of my whole computer causing me to have to reset and start back up in safe mode to change the resolution.

My monitor will also go black and say 'Input Not Supported' whilst playing at random times, again causing me to reset and start up in safe mode.

Valakhnarr
05.22.2012 , 04:57 PM | #302
^^^ Just play in Windowed mode. Annoying, but you won't have to keep rebooting your system.

Ashania
05.22.2012 , 07:20 PM | #303
Quote: Originally Posted by Valakhnarr View Post
^^^ Just play in Windowed mode. Annoying, but you won't have to keep rebooting your system.
That's what i've started doing now, going to have to get used to the borders

Valakhnarr
05.22.2012 , 10:11 PM | #304
Yeah, it sucks, especially sometimes in space combat, when you're trying to get something right at the edge, and instead you click on the border, and it tries to resize the window.

CidLancer
05.23.2012 , 12:58 PM | #305
Quote: Originally Posted by Roalmo View Post
Do you have this set-up or are you running dvi to dvi?
I'm running HDMI to HDMI and my wife is running DVI to DVI. Neither of us can alt tab out of fullscreen or play in windowed fullscreen. The normal windowed mode works but we either have to scale the resolution down or deal with cut off at the bottom of the screen. It's unfortunate that we have to take this route to play at all, since we both enjoy the game so much. Hopefully they'll have this fixed and not break anything else by the time 1.3 drops.

Ivorydawn
05.26.2012 , 02:00 PM | #306
Still nothing? On top of this and the constant crashing, I'm done with this game.

Blankvrs
05.27.2012 , 05:22 PM | #307
i've tried all the "fixes" in this thread and others. all i get when windows loads is a black screen saying out of range, etc. all i ever did was accidentally switch video modes in game to a higher resolution, and ever since i can't see anything--it doesn't just affect my game but my entire system. nothing i did fixed this problem. simply gave up and had to reformat--fortunately i backup often. game was running fine since feb. guess it's last patch; i don't know. in any case, i've cancelled my account and will wait until it's fixed completely. apparently, after reading dozens of posts and numerous threads, there is NO FIX. good luck, all.

Valakhnarr
05.27.2012 , 06:31 PM | #308
There's no need to reformat. While Windows is booting, hit F8, and that will allow you to bring up Windows in 640x480 mode. You can then fix the resolution in Windows.

Flesaur
05.28.2012 , 10:23 AM | #309
Well I've now cancelled both of my accounts due to this absolute fiasco. The really shocking thing is that I spent over 80.00 on two copies of the game and then about another 30.00 in subscriptions.

I sent a complaint email that was completely ignored, had no reply on any ticket for a few weeks and there has been no customer service update for the problem on this thread. BioWare have not even offered to provide any extra game time due to the problem.

Ivorydawn
05.29.2012 , 08:00 AM | #310
I have done the same. I really wish I hadn't paid for the six month subscription, that's for sure. Way to fail, Bioware. How about acknowledging this damned problem exists?!