Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Please fix out of range fullscreen/fullscreen window mode for 1280x1024 resolution.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Please fix out of range fullscreen/fullscreen window mode for 1280x1024 resolution.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

winmace
04.12.2012 , 08:26 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by AntonMercer View Post
I'm having this problem but its on my windows instead of my game. I alt tabbed out of the game and got an out of range for my windows. I don't understand why this happened. Now evey time I dont boot it up in safe mode.. i get an out of range message for just regualr windows what can I do?
What OS are you using?

AntonMercer
04.12.2012 , 08:30 AM | #22
Win7 prof 64 Dont know why this happened when I alt tabbed... i've rebooted several times and it keeps coming back to out of range...

winmace
04.12.2012 , 08:35 AM | #23
Same as me then, ok I managed to log in without having to run system restore by doing this;

1. When your comp is booting press F8 until you get the advanced boot up menu
2. One of the options should be "Enable low resolution video (640x480)" - choose that
3. You should now be able to see the login screen, login and change the resolution to one you know that works.

I've got no idea why it does it either, because its done it to me about 8 times now.

It's forcing me to play in windowed mode, which would be fine if the problem wasn't there with Fullscreen Windowed mode.

AntonMercer
04.12.2012 , 08:36 AM | #24
ok thanks ill give it a try

AngryHobbitHulk
04.12.2012 , 08:46 AM | #25
I launch the game and BOOM Frequency out of range ...
Reboot computer ... BOOM Frequency out of range ...
BOOM ... FREAK OUT!
Reboot in safe mode ...
Google forums for answer ...
System restore ... fixed computer

But now I'm afraid to RE-launch SWtOR.

I looked at my client_steeings.ini and it already hade my correct frequency (60).
Full screen was set to True so I made that false but ... I dont want to alt-tab or hit the windows key for fear of it changing my monitors native frequency again.

I'm still freaked out because I'm a TECH-TARD and this stuff gives me a heart attack.
I think I will NOT play SWtOR for a few days until they fix this ... how ‘bout refunding me this months subscription for all my pain & suffering.

AntonMercer
04.12.2012 , 08:50 AM | #26
yeah i kept hitting F8 but it never gave me a menu to run in low res so i guess a system restore is an order. Ill check back when i finish ... this is terrible... it makes me want to think about my sub... in STO didnt have these kinds of problems with their big patches a few times where you couldnt play the game right but not make you computer cough up blood cause you alt tab...

FoolHammer
04.12.2012 , 08:52 AM | #27
I feel your pain. What the patch did to my computer was to lock in some unusable resolution. The game would and will not play on my big screen TV. I had to totally remove my video drivers and reinstall them to even get the thing to be useable in Windows. Totally fubar'd my system. I don't know what changed but it seems like they did not completely test the patch before release. I am just happy I have a backup lcd moniter to get things back to normal. I am so mad because i would like to play and cannot because its broken for me.

AntonMercer
04.12.2012 , 09:14 AM | #28
yeah had to do a system restore and i changed my file to play in FS/W but now the servers wont let me in cry and i wanted o try the new FP with my friends

Rogue_Dodger
04.12.2012 , 09:20 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Anavel_Gato View Post
this has been happening to me to, and to make matters worse when ever i minimize the game from full screen it causes the frequency out of range for the whole computer not just the game. ill restart my comp and as soon as i hit winddows 7 it will go out of range, ive had to run recovery every time to fix it. what ever it is it ONLY has happened since 1.2 hit, before i never had these issues.
Same here. Something has definitely changed with 1.2.

I have a small bit of advice, but it only works if you can VNC to your PC (I use Splashtop Desktop on my iphone). If you VNC to your PC while it is 'out of range' you should be able to at least reset the main screen resolution.

This isn't a solution to SWTOR problems, but should mean less PC resets.

I am also unable to get fullscreen (windowed) working on the exact same settings as were working perfectly yesterday. On top of this, I have no client_settings.ini file either. (I do have show hidden files on and am administrator, Win 7).

To repeat - these basic functions were working perfectly PRE 1.2, and are not working POST 1.2.

Rogue_Dodger
04.12.2012 , 09:34 AM | #30
After a quick chat ingame General, others are having the same issue. It seems to be Nvidia related.

Also if you alt-tab for windowed mode, then alt-tab again, it goes out of range. You have to actually reselect fullscreen in options and hit apply.