Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Please fix out of range fullscreen/fullscreen window mode for 1280x1024 resolution.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Please fix out of range fullscreen/fullscreen window mode for 1280x1024 resolution.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

elitescope's Avatar


elitescope
05.04.2012 , 10:41 AM | #231
Quote: Originally Posted by Navarchos View Post
I notice that the bulk of this is now dancing around the very valid concerns people trying to play in fullscreen windowed mode are having but there's little now being said regarding the issue of those of us trying to play in just fullscreen and getting out of frequency errors when attempting to minimise the screen (or having somethimg else cause it to minimise).

I've not seen anything in the patch notes referring to that aspect of the problem, have I missed something or is this still very much outstanding?
It's the same issue. When i play in full screen and alt-tab, it does that, as well as the full screen windowed mode not working. I believe that the route of the problem is the same.

Axolipher's Avatar


Axolipher
05.04.2012 , 10:47 AM | #232 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by Navarchos View Post
I notice that the bulk of this is now dancing around the very valid concerns people trying to play in fullscreen windowed mode are having but there's little now being said regarding the issue of those of us trying to play in just fullscreen and getting out of frequency errors when attempting to minimise the screen (or having somethimg else cause it to minimise).

I've not seen anything in the patch notes referring to that aspect of the problem, have I missed something or is this still very much outstanding?
Greetings Navarchos,

This issue should have been resolved now. If you are still experiencing problems please respond to this thread with a dxdiag and your client_settings.ini and I will attempt to investigate the issue for you.

Thank You.

Axolipher | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Flesaur's Avatar


Flesaur
05.04.2012 , 11:55 AM | #233
Quote: Originally Posted by Axolipher View Post
Greetings Navarchos,

This issue should have been resolved now. If you are still experiencing problems please respond to this thread with a dxdiag and your client_settings.ini and I will attempt to investigate the issue for you.

Thank You.
Go check out this ticket number '4436194', it should have the files attached you need plus more.

The last patch made not one jot of difference. The only reason I don't immediately uninstall this game is because I spent 80.00 on two copies of the game, which would be a complete and utter waste of money.

Furthermore you took another months subscription before applying my free 30 days, so now I'm another 8.99 out of pocket and have about 6 weeks of pointless game time.

If I was offered a refund for these redundant disks, I'd quite happily send you the copies and you could do whatever you like with them.

I have now cancelled the subscription on both accounts, one has lapsed and this one will in 6 weeks if the problem is not resolved. I'd hope for some extra time to compensate me for the problem, i.e. just the time it takes you to fix it, nothing more, however I guess this won't happen either.

Axolipher's Avatar


Axolipher
05.04.2012 , 12:01 PM | #234 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by Flesaur View Post
Go check out this ticket number '4436194', it should have the files attached you need plus more.

The last patch made not one jot of difference. The only reason I don't immediately uninstall this game is because I spent 80.00 on two copies of the game, which would be a complete and utter waste of money.

Furthermore you took another months subscription before applying my free 30 days, so now I'm another 8.99 out of pocket and have about 6 weeks of pointless game time.

If I was offered a refund for these redundant disks, I'd quite happily send you the copies and you could do whatever you like with them.

I have now cancelled the subscription on both accounts, one has lapsed and this one will in 6 weeks if the problem is not resolved. I'd hope for some extra time to compensate me for the problem, i.e. just the time it takes you to fix it, nothing more, however I guess this won't happen either.
Greetings Flesaur,

I would require you to provide me with an upto date and post patch dxdiag and client settings file on the forum thread. Once this has been provided I will be able to assist you. If you can not provide these files then I will be unable to assist you and the problem can not be investigated.

Thank You.

Axolipher | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Flesaur's Avatar


Flesaur
05.04.2012 , 12:15 PM | #235
Quote: Originally Posted by Axolipher View Post
Greetings Flesaur,

I would require you to provide me with an upto date and post patch dxdiag and client settings file on the forum thread. Once this has been provided I will be able to assist you. If you can not provide these files then I will be unable to assist you and the problem can not be investigated.

Thank You.
Just so you know, I have already tried deleting the client_settings.ini file and running a repair. Launching the game just went straight to 'input not supported' at that point. I therefore had to press alt+enter to go back to a window.

My game should play at 1360x768 at 60hz, however it won't load in fullscreen, so my client_settings.ini will show you the windowed settings (what it saves after I press alt+enter).

Ive tried my PC with a friends monitor that runs at 85 hz, and it runs fine, so the problem simply comes down to refresh rates and what your game tries to impose on me once it goes into fullscreen mode.

client_settings.ini

Spoiler


DXDiag
Spoiler

Axolipher's Avatar


Axolipher
05.04.2012 , 12:27 PM | #236 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings Flesaur,

Thank you for the files. Firstly I would request that you update your windows 7 installation to Service Pack 1 via windows update as having an outdated operating system can be known to cause these issues. Once this has been completed I will be able to move onto the next step of troubleshooting for this issue. Please reply here with the new update DxDaig after this has been completed so I can move on with the investigation.

Thank You.

Axolipher | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Flesaur's Avatar


Flesaur
05.04.2012 , 01:24 PM | #237
Quote: Originally Posted by Axolipher View Post
Greetings Flesaur,

Thank you for the files. Firstly I would request that you update your windows 7 installation to Service Pack 1 via windows update as having an outdated operating system can be known to cause these issues. Once this has been completed I will be able to move onto the next step of troubleshooting for this issue. Please reply here with the new update DxDaig after this has been completed so I can move on with the investigation.

Thank You.
I've now installed Service Pack 1, rebooted etc and this has not resolved the problem thus far.

As I've mentioned above, the crux of the problem seems to be the game changing the refresh rate of your monitor. The game runs in full screen mode on another monitor I was able to loan for a short time, that supports 85 hz and above.

Axolipher's Avatar


Axolipher
05.04.2012 , 01:26 PM | #238 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by Flesaur View Post
I've now installed Service Pack 1, rebooted etc and this has not resolved the problem thus far.
Greetings Flesaur,

Can You please provide your new dxdiag with these updates installed?

Thank You.

Axolipher | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Flesaur's Avatar


Flesaur
05.04.2012 , 01:44 PM | #239
Quote: Originally Posted by Axolipher View Post
Greetings Flesaur,

Can You please provide your new dxdiag with these updates installed?

Thank You.
Here you are:

Spoiler


Assistance is appreciated.

Axolipher's Avatar


Axolipher
05.04.2012 , 02:03 PM | #240 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings Flesaur,

What I'd like to request you do now is load up the game client in windowed mode.

Once in game, use the in-game settings panel to change all your settings to the lowest possible, including resolution., while keeping the client in windowed mode. Please ensure the refresh rate is set to 60.

Once this is done and you have applied the settings please exit the client and reopen.

Once reopened, please make sure that the same settings have stayed after the restart. This will ensure that the client is saving it's settings properly. I would now like to request you set the client to full-screen still using these low settings. If this completes successfully then feel free to turn up your graphics settings to what they were.

If doing this has produced the error "Input out of range" error does occur then please unplug your monitor signal cable, wait 5 seconds, then then re-plug it in. If this still does not fix the issue then please use alt+enter to return to windowed mode and please reply here describing the process and options you changed and we will investigate further.

Thank You.

Axolipher | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support