Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Please fix out of range fullscreen/fullscreen window mode for 1280x1024 resolution.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Please fix out of range fullscreen/fullscreen window mode for 1280x1024 resolution.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

wildrider
05.03.2012 , 07:24 AM | #221
Still the same problem with the monitor out of range after the patch and noticed that the vertical sync button in the graphics preference menu is grayed out when windowed mode or windowed fullscreen mode is selected but is functional when FULLSCREEN vertical sync is selected.

Axolipher
05.03.2012 , 07:31 AM | #222 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by wildrider View Post
Still the same problem with the monitor out of range after the patch and noticed that the vertical sync button in the graphics preference menu is grayed out when windowed mode or windowed fullscreen mode is selected but is functional when FULLSCREEN vertical sync is selected.
Greetings wildrider,

The Vertical Sync option is only used when the game is running in full screen mode. When the client is not being run in full screen the sync settings are handled outside of the client. Would you be able to provide your client settings file for us to investigate your out of range issue further?

Thank You.

Axolipher | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

elitescope
05.03.2012 , 03:44 PM | #223
Sorry, I quit. It's sad that such a great game has a set of developers that cannot fix an out of range bug, yet almost not bother acknowledging it. I paid for a month just before 1.2, and I have not been able to play the game without being in the horrible windowed mode. I have no intention of returning to the great game, although the wound could be healed if the month I paid for and didn't get to use was reimbursed either with a free month or a refund.

Axolipher
05.03.2012 , 04:18 PM | #224 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by elitescope View Post
Sorry, I quit. It's sad that such a great game has a set of developers that cannot fix an out of range bug, yet almost not bother acknowledging it. I paid for a month just before 1.2, and I have not been able to play the game without being in the horrible windowed mode. I have no intention of returning to the great game, although the wound could be healed if the month I paid for and didn't get to use was reimbursed either with a free month or a refund.
Greetings elitescope,

I'm sorry to hear this, but if you would bear with me I would like to attempt some troubleshooting with you. I know we've tried some steps previously, but there is one final thing I'd like to try. If you could post your up to date DXDiag and current client_settings.ini I feel there is one final step we can try to get the game working in full-screen mode for you.

Thank You.

Azure_Prower
05.03.2012 , 10:45 PM | #225
Quote: Originally Posted by Azure_Prower View Post
I've pretty much fixed my problem. Fullscreen and Fullscreen Windowed works. But it was pretty much a fluke how it was done. New patch came and it started it up Fullscreen Windowed with no out of range problems since the first time ever.

Sadly can't guarantee it will work for any one else, but here's what fixed it for me.

Whilst your computer is powered on and you are logged into windows:

- Turn your monitor off at the power.
- Unplug the connector from the PC.
-Replug the monitor back into the PC and turn on the power.

(The above should simulate the blackout I had. I have a UPS connected to only my box and thus only my monitor was affected by the power outage. Work around fix was found out only by a fluke as you can see.)

-Just to be sure in case draining the power from the monitor doesn't wipe the memory. If you have options with your monitor, access the on screen menu and reset all settings. Then put the settings how you like it or use auto adjust.
-Go into control panel -> display.
-Click on the button that says 'detect' to redetect your monitor. Set the resolution you use if you like and apply changes.
-Restart the computer to unify the changes between your monitor and PC.
-Test to see if SWTOR will work in fullscreen [windowed] mode now.

I pretty much blame SWTOR's settings conflicting with the settings of my monitor. So the only work around for me was to get my monitor to settings that SWTOR likes. Which seems to be the auto/default. But for such a simple fix. Wouldn't hurt for others to give it a try.
This worked for a couple of days. Now the problem is back again. I don't know why.

To top it all off, the aspect ratio bug returned where every thing is squished to thin looking and I can't get rid of it.

I can't play like this...

Can't play in fullscreen windowed mode. Aspect ratio in game is skewed. What more could go wrong?

And it is only SWTOR.

Update: Fixed the aspect ratio by unplugging the VGA port and replugging it back in. Apparently SWTOR has an issue with dual screens and my OS is detecting a phantom second screen.

Fullscreen Windowed still not working.
"My enemies are those whom I make. Not those who others say they are.
Some consider me a dark Jedi whilst to others a mercenary.
Yet I am no slave to a code nor to an ideal. My will is forever free."

- Azure Prower, executive of the Ebon Fox corporation.

elitescope
05.04.2012 , 08:59 AM | #226
Quote: Originally Posted by Axolipher View Post
Greetings elitescope,

I'm sorry to hear this, but if you would bear with me I would like to attempt some troubleshooting with you. I know we've tried some steps previously, but there is one final thing I'd like to try. If you could post your up to date DXDiag and current client_settings.ini I feel there is one final step we can try to get the game working in full-screen mode for you.

Thank You.
I have went through this before. It didn't work. I paid for a product in which i could play in fullscreen windowed mode, and quite frankly i feel like i have been denied of something in which i have paid monthly for. I think the priorities in this team should be re-evaluated. Fix things that stop us playing the game before fixing other petty bugs and new content.

Theodrid
05.04.2012 , 09:04 AM | #227
I'm having the same problem - only since patch 1.2 as previously stated by many others. I'm not close to quitting over it - yet - but Bioware, please, you've been asking for Dxdiags and Settings_ini files since the patch and most of us still seem to be in the same boat.

Get this sorted Bioware - as a priority, and by the way - you guys need to fix this and stop asking the end-user to try this, that and the other. You broke it in 1.2 - you fix it - it is bloody frustrating!
The Orbital Guard

Axolipher
05.04.2012 , 09:10 AM | #228 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by elitescope View Post
I have went through this before. It didn't work. I paid for a product in which i could play in fullscreen windowed mode, and quite frankly i feel like i have been denied of something in which i have paid monthly for. I think the priorities in this team should be re-evaluated. Fix things that stop us playing the game before fixing other petty bugs and new content.
Greetings elitescope,

When we went through the steps before it was previous to the patch that occur this week. In this week's patch we applied some fixes for this issue:

Quote:
An issue that could cause display errors in fullscreen windowed mode has been corrected.
As such I would like to request these files from you once again to try and investigate why you are still experiencing this issue. While I have read and taken on board your feedback that you feel that our priorities need to be "re-evaluated", we have been trying to fix this issue for the people still affected, all we require to begin investigating is the files I have been requesting.

Thank You.

elitescope
05.04.2012 , 09:21 AM | #229
[QUOTE=Axolipher;4254704][color=#f9d648]Greetings elitescope,

When we went through the steps before it was previous to the patch that occur this week. In this week's patch we applied some fixes for this issue:

As i have said, I refuse to co-operate or pay for this game any more. I paid for a game and a month of play time that is obviously a rip off. When the problem has been resolved, i fully expect a month of compensation, as i paid for a month just before 1.2 was released, and as such, have not been able to play during any of that time. If the problem is fixed, and i receive either a free month or a refund, i may consider playing again. Maybe you should try testing patches, is that such a novelty?

Navarchos
05.04.2012 , 10:31 AM | #230
I notice that the bulk of this is now dancing around the very valid concerns people trying to play in fullscreen windowed mode are having but there's little now being said regarding the issue of those of us trying to play in just fullscreen and getting out of frequency errors when attempting to minimise the screen (or having somethimg else cause it to minimise).

I've not seen anything in the patch notes referring to that aspect of the problem, have I missed something or is this still very much outstanding?